Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Pro evo or fifa?

Pro Evo 2008
56%
FIFA 2008
44%

Total votes : 18

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:22 pm

I remember playing FIFA 99 on the N64. That game was awesome simply because of the diving element on it. Each time someone came near me the good ole yellow up button and down he went. I took my brother on and he had about 3 red cards and loads of yellows !
Oh the memories :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:23 am

I voted for Fifa because it's easy to just pick it up and play it with friends.  Pro Evo is more serious and more enjoyable but it's more complicated to learn.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:35 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I voted for Fifa because it's easy to just pick it up and play it with friends.  Pro Evo is more serious and more enjoyable but it's more complicated to learn.

Used to be that way,mate. But now it's more like Fifa is the sim, and Pro is the arcade game. I voted PES because I just couldn't bring myself to vote for Fifa after years of the same dross from EA. Regardless, PES is dirt cheap now because Konami knocked it down  in price due to complaints. Get both I say. PES still plays great offline. It's online where it's a complete joke.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:07 am

Get Mario Strikers Charged!   :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:10 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
Mikz wrote:..bring back sensible soccer I say! lol

you can download it on Xbox live brother.   :D

brother  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattclayb » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:21 pm

Pro evo every time!!

And you can edit the name to Liverpool and Everton's to blue**i*e
mattclayb

Postby Paul C » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Hmm tricky one, most of my mates have PES 08 but loads of them say the lag is really bad online, which is a ball ache cos I'll be playing it mainly online :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:05 pm

Paul C wrote:Hmm tricky one, most of my mates have PES 08 but loads of them say the lag is really bad online, which is a ball ache cos I'll be playing it mainly online :(

Trust me, mate. It's virtually unplayable online. I actually cannot believe they released a game in that state. It's like it's half finished or something. Probably the worst produced game I've ever played on a console. They promised to fix it, but nothing has been done. I was going to bring it back to the shop or sell it, but I wouldn't get much for it, so I'll just hang onto it.

Make no mistake: Konami are never getting another penny from me as far as PES is concerned unless I see a radical change to the next game, and I mean radical. It needs a total rewrite.

As much as it will feel odd to you, you'd be much better off getting Fifa and giving this years Pro a miss. Fifa has a great online community and once you try the 5v5 with a few mates, you'll be hooked online.

The PS3 version? Don't get me started. It's SHOCKINGLY bad. The crowd looks atrocious compared to the 360's, and worst of all, it f*cking lags offline. Yes. It lags offline.

If you want to see how much of a f*ck up Konami has made, check this video out. This is a typical online PES match.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:21 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Paul C wrote:Hmm tricky one, most of my mates have PES 08 but loads of them say the lag is really bad online, which is a ball ache cos I'll be playing it mainly online :(

Trust me, mate. It's virtually unplayable online. I actually cannot believe they released a game in that state. It's like it's half finished or something. Probably the worst produced game I've ever played on a console. They promised to fix it, but nothing has been done. I was going to bring it back to the shop or sell it, but I wouldn't get much for it, so I'll just hang onto it.

Make no mistake: Konami are never getting another penny from me as far as PES is concerned unless I see a radical change to the next game, and I mean radical. It needs a total rewrite.

As much as it will feel odd to you, you'd be much better off getting Fifa and giving this years Pro a miss. Fifa has a great online community and once you try the 5v5 with a few mates, you'll be hooked online.

The PS3 version? Don't get me started. It's SHOCKINGLY bad. The crowd looks atrocious compared to the 360's, and worst of all, it f*cking lags offline. Yes. It lags offline.

If you want to see how much of a f*ck up Konami has made, check this video out. This is a typical online PES match.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.

Damn  :(

This worries me and is making me think twice about getting it now, it's hard cos I play online but all my mates have PES, so it mainly defeats the point in having any of them  :Oo:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:35 am

Paul, with all due respect, what was the point of this thread? You wanted to know which was better so you could make the right choice. It's of general consensus that the current PES is :censored: online and on the whole, looks like an unfinished game. It's also noted that FIFA, for once, is coming out tops and is the better choice of the two.
So now, given the facts, you're saying that there's no point in getting PES because it sounds garbage online, and you're not getting FIFA because your mates all have PES.
Why didn't you just start a thread saying should I buy Pro Evo? :p
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:08 am

NiftyNeil wrote:Paul, with all due respect, what was the point of this thread? You wanted to know which was better so you could make the right choice. It's of general consensus that the current PES is :censored: online and on the whole, looks like an unfinished game. It's also noted that FIFA, for once, is coming out tops and is the better choice of the two.
So now, given the facts, you're saying that there's no point in getting PES because it sounds garbage online, and you're not getting FIFA because your mates all have PES.
Why didn't you just start a thread saying should I buy Pro Evo? :p

Sorry Neil, I'll ask for your consent next time I think about posting a thread , at the time of posting I was thinking about getting one of the two but from speaking to friends and people online they all say go for PES but wait because an update will be out in the next couple of month.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:16 am

TBF i have always had Pro Evo, but this year it's absolute garbgage and for me Fifa wins hands down the game play is the
dogs, and online is the best you could ask for and don't even get me started on be a Pro 5v5 you got to try it to believe it.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:29 am

Paul C wrote:Sorry Neil, I'll ask for your consent next time I think about posting a thread

No need for that Paul, just pm me and I'll advise you on the thread title.  :D

Seriously though, no offence was intended, I was just making a point, and for what it's worth, I really do think your money will be well spent on FIFA.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:49 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
Paul C wrote:Sorry Neil, I'll ask for your consent next time I think about posting a thread

No need for that Paul, just pm me and I'll advise you on the thread title.  :D

Seriously though, no offence was intended, I was just making a point, and for what it's worth, I really do think your money will be well spent on FIFA.

None taken mate, I'll see if I can get a cheap copy of FIFA and maybe get PES too once the lag problem is resolved.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:37 pm

Pro evo is still more realistic the first touch , the skills u can do but it was a let down this year . FIFA is catching up , solid graphics as usual , gameplay is improving and is rather interesting this time round with new features like how well do youy know your club , juggling . New features added to the game . Pes has the world tour i think which is like completing various challenges if i'm not mistaken . In the end mate , i would recco Fifa
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum