New mobile

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Definitely !!! The I Phone 4S which I have is just as good as the I Phone 5 - I'm not even going to bother going to the 5 and will wait for the next release.

If an I Phone 4 is in your price range then my recommendation would be to get that without hestitation

But then I'm an apple geek - I phone , I pad , I pod and MacBook :)
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Definitely !!! The I Phone 4S which I have is just as good as the I Phone 5 - I'm not even going to bother going to the 5 and will wait for the next release.

If an I Phone 4 is in your price range then my recommendation would be to get that without hestitation

But then I'm an apple geek - I phone , I pad , I pod and MacBook :)
Benny The Noon

Postby Eagle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Apple have lost a massive chunk of their neutral customers because the iPhone 5 is nothing ground breaking and despite being inferior (only marginally) to the S3, its costs a lot more. Samsung and other providers have copied a lot of Apple’s ideas so Apple fans will always trash the others.  But as a neutral consumer who doesn’t own a line of Apple products it would make no sense to buy an iPhone 5 over an S3 or HTC One X+. The iPhone 5 has a better and more robust feel in the hand compared to the S3 but in terms of actual durability there isn’t any real difference.
Eagle

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Eagle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:53 pm wrote:Apple have lost a massive chunk of their neutral customers because the iPhone 5 is nothing ground breaking and despite being inferior (only marginally) to the S3, its costs a lot more. Samsung and other providers have copied a lot of Apple’s ideas so Apple fans will always trash the others.  But as a neutral consumer who doesn’t own a line of Apple products it would make no sense to buy an iPhone 5 over an S3 or HTC One X+. The iPhone 5 has a better and more robust feel in the hand compared to the S3 but in terms of actual durability there isn’t any real difference.

Apple's business model is more than the device, you pay for the connectivity into ITunes and the App Store business model - which is the real reason Apple have become so successful.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Exactly. If Ben doesn’t have a suite of Apple products he is better of going for the S3 or HTC.
Eagle

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:40 pm

He doesn't need a suite of Apple products. He doesn't even need I tunes on a pc - it's all on the phone.
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Eagle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:36 pm wrote:Exactly. If Ben doesn’t have a suite of Apple products he is better of going for the S3 or HTC.

No you miss my point, with Apple it's not necessarily about device connectivity (they do it well though, look at Apple TV), it's more about the concept of the App Store and the fact that the best developers tend to develop for Apple - despite the fact Samsung sell more devices - Apple sell more Apps.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:54 am

Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:39 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:20 pm wrote:
Eagle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm wrote:The best high end phones right now in order are:
1) Samsung Note 2
2) Samsung Galaxy S3
3) HTC One X+
4) iPhone 5

Corrected it... :p

But I think there will be alot of new generation of phones coming out soon with full HD resolutions... the Sony Xperia in particular is looking pretty good...

What's the difference between the note and s3 ?
I'm confused now

The note is a larger phone 5.5" screen and comes with a stylus. The s3 is a 4.8" screen. The note 2 came out after the s3 so has a slightly better processor. It's not for everybody though since it's quite large... but ppl like me like it alot more than s3.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 pm

When my next contract is up I'm switching to a SIM only deal. Same all you can eat data on 3 for only 15 quid a month. Ok I have to fork out up front for a contract but it's cheaper in the long run and I am not tied into such a long contract either. Can do 12 months still.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum