Mobile Device Support

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Homebooby » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:16 am

Hi all,

How do you all view the board on your smart phones? Previous searches seem to highlight requests for Tapatalk not being picked up and referring to using the phones browser. Looking at Tapatalk, I see RAWK on there and wonder why we're not. Considering we're also complaining about the lack of quality posters on here, perhaps this additional functionality is a contributor....people will often choose for convenience and speaking for myself, I like to pick up the phone in moments when I am waiting for something for instance and I look to the apps on my phone for those things. In typical commercial style, I have signed up for RAWK to see what it looks like on my phone after ignoring it for almost 9 years and sticking with this forum. I wonder how many other people have gone the same way.

Whether you give 2 shiny sh1t3s about me and whether I stay, I thought I would raise it again and see why this functionality isn't actually enabled in this day and age. I think it might be a factor in peoples choice of forum and would love to see this place returned to how it was when I first joined and hope this request might be considered in that spirit.

Cheers
Homebooby

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 pm

I asked about the very same thing after the forum was ported to the new platform. The latest version of phpBB (this forum platform) does support mobile devices and related apps but it seems it has not been switched on.

That said it doesn't make much of a difference via a web browser. The forum automatically adjusts the look and feel to fit on a mobile screen.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Homebooby » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:16 am wrote:Hi all,

How do you all view the board on your smart phones? Previous searches seem to highlight requests for Tapatalk not being picked up and referring to using the phones browser. Looking at Tapatalk, I see RAWK on there and wonder why we're not. Considering we're also complaining about the lack of quality posters on here, perhaps this additional functionality is a contributor....people will often choose for convenience and speaking for myself, I like to pick up the phone in moments when I am waiting for something for instance and I look to the apps on my phone for those things. In typical commercial style, I have signed up for RAWK to see what it looks like on my phone after ignoring it for almost 9 years and sticking with this forum. I wonder how many other people have gone the same way.

Whether you give 2 shiny sh1t3s about me and whether I stay, I thought I would raise it again and see why this functionality isn't actually enabled in this day and age. I think it might be a factor in peoples choice of forum and would love to see this place returned to how it was when I first joined and hope this request might be considered in that spirit.

Cheers

I've forwarded your query to LFC/Admin   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Homebooby » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks guys......Woof you'll always hold a special place in my heart, you were the first person to say hello 9 years ago ;-)
Homebooby

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Homebooby » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:41 am wrote:Thanks guys......Woof you'll always hold a special place in my heart, you were the first person to say hello 9 years ago ;-)

:laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 pm

Homebooby » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:41 am wrote:Thanks guys......Woof you'll always hold a special place in my heart, you were the first person to say hello 9 years ago ;-)

:wwww

Careful, you'll get me in trouble.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby babu » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:09 pm

I have no issue accessing the lite version of this site on my phone

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:20 am

Hi babu, it's not really an issue of accessing it, it works, I was just wondering how the app version would compare. I find myself having to zoom in an out continually in order to read posts and it just annoys me so I don't use it. It could be me of course :). The same goes for the BBC website, it works, but the app is far more convenient, as is the new sport app.
Homebooby

Postby LFC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm

The board is mobile enabled in fact I'm on my mobile now and I am seeing/using the mobile version all working perfectly I've tested on both iPhone and Android devices (iPads will see the full site as they have a full resolution screen) and both work great do you not see a differnet style when using your mobile?
Webmaster

Please submit your comments and suggestions for enhancing this site to webmaster@liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk
LFC
LFC Admin

Postby LFC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Homebooby » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:20 am wrote:Hi babu, it's not really an issue of accessing it, it works, I was just wondering how the app version would compare. I find myself having to zoom in an out continually in order to read posts and it just annoys me so I don't use it. It could be me of course :). The same goes for the BBC website, it works, but the app is far more convenient, as is the new sport app.

What mobile are you using?
Webmaster

Please submit your comments and suggestions for enhancing this site to webmaster@liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk
LFC
LFC Admin

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 am

Homebooby » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 am wrote:Hi all,

How do you all view the board on your smart phones?

Cheers

I view it from Left to Right and go from Up to Down.  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:11 am

Screen shot of the mobile version attached to this post is this what you are seeing?
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-01-22-07-09-08.png
Screenshot_2013-01-22-07-09-08.png (228.63 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
Webmaster

LFC
LFC Admin

Postby babu » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:29 pm

LFC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 am wrote:Screen shot of the mobile version attached to this post is this what you are seeing?

Sheesh a member of this forum for 9 years only a hundred odd posts.... Spammer.  :laugh:

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:01 pm

babu » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:29 pm wrote:
LFC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 am wrote:Screen shot of the mobile version attached to this post is this what you are seeing?

Sheesh a member of this forum for 9 years only a hundred odd posts.... Spammer.  :laugh:

I keep posting but there is ‘post flood’ control in place for all admins to stop us from boring the membership!!
Webmaster

LFC
LFC Admin

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:45 pm

babu » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 am wrote:

The master talks only when it is needed! And you only speak to him when you're spoken to!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum