Postby metalhead » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:10 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:11 pm

metalhead wrote:Canucks suck anyways..  :D

:nod  And you can tell your friend that as well. :D

For the last fortnight, the CBC (our national public broadcaster) has been hyping the series big time (rather than covering the news, but that's a different complaint) as an opportunity for the Stanley Cup to finally return to Canada (the last Canadian team to win it was Montreal in 1993).  So, everyone got into this frenzy that all of Canada supported the Canucks, which was bull. :censored:.  First of all, despite stereotypes to the contrary, not all of us love hockey.  Second, there are the usual sporting and civic rivalries that tend to get in the way of such nationalism (how many Liverpool supporters wanted the 'English team' to win the Champions League?) Lastly, there are actually quite a few Bruins fans in Canada...especially in my neck of the woods.  So, it was a total myth that all of Canada was behind the Canucks but I'd say it's absolutely true that whole country is ashamed of Vancouver's hooligan element today.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:What's up Bob ? Are all the moose's hibernating . Sexually frustrated Canadians in riot shocker   :D

Just the opposite, mate...it's rutting season!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:13 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Absolutely disgraceful behaviour in downtown Vancouver following the hometown Canucks' Game 7 loss to the Boston Bruins. :no

Link to photos of the riot

It's been on the TV news here Bob, must admit I was suprised to see you country men outdoing Europes footy hooligans but when I think about it I seem to recall that they went ape sh'it a few years back , again after the conclusion of the Stanley Cup.

Still thinking of visiting, mate?  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:19 pm

bbc video

also i did not know it happend in 1994 aswell
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Lastly, there are actually quite a few Bruins fans in Canada...especially in my neck of the woods.  .

That makes sense.  An Original Six team that the English speaking part of Canada east of Les Habitants, less inclined to support the Leafs since Boston is a bit closer.

As for your earlier point of why did the Olympics go so well, I think it's down to two of your points.  Canada won, and there were alot more people that aren't from Vancouver there.  Less of a chance for the current generation's Gangsta mentality Urbanites to produce their mayhem.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Some funny pics have started to circulate anyway...

:D

Christ, there were some real hard cases roaming the streets of Vancouver last night.

Cheer up, Neo.

How did that Beatles classic go: why don't we do it in the road? (in the middle of a fookin' riot!)

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:52 pm

The Good Yank wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Lastly, there are actually quite a few Bruins fans in Canada...especially in my neck of the woods.  .

That makes sense.  An Original Six team that the English speaking part of Canada east of Les Habitants, less inclined to support the Leafs since Boston is a bit closer.

I'll be honest, mate--I've lived out here for close to four years now and I'm still trying to decipher the sporting culture.  In baseball its simple: Red Sox all the way.  The same seems to be true with football...I see loads of Patriots gear around here.  No one really cares about basketball out here so that brings us to hockey, where it gets more complicated.  There's plenty of Boston fans due to geographic proximity.  There's plenty of Habs fans because Montreal's the closest Canadian city (nationalism and hockey go together like maple syrup and maple fudge in Canada :D ) and there's plenty of Leaf fans because they used to have a farm team in St. John's, Newfoundland.  Oh, and of late there are tons of Penguins fans because Sidney Crosby's from nearby Coal Harbour.  What there aren't tons of are Vancouver fans--save for the smattering of plastic fans that popped up in the last month thanks to all the CBC hype.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:19 pm

Saw this one on the Rangers forum I'm a mod on.  The best quote from there.  "If I had a girl with an a.ss like that, I'd be doing it in the road with her too"
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Kinell , them there Canadian canucks are mad f.uckers . First time I've seen that . Jesus asbo's all over the shop for that lot. I always thought that the Canadians were supposed to be the more sensible and civilized of our  North American brothers. You can keep yer bl00dy country ,don't want it now. All over a game for bummers ???
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Kinell , them there Canadian canucks are mad f.uckers . First time I've seen that . Jesus asbo's all over the shop for that lot. I always thought that the Canadians were supposed to be the more sensible and civilized of our  North American brothers. You can keep yer bl00dy country ,don't want it now. All over a game for bummers ???

:laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:02 am

Kenny Kan wrote:Image

Foxy!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:57 am

Bad Bob wrote:Foxy!  :D

If she wasn't high on Meth she might be worthy of the Fit Birds thread  :laugh:
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum