Hockey

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:11 am

Hockey is almost dead in mainstream america.  it was dying and then due to a lock out by the owners an entire season was canceled 2 years ago, and the league hasnt really recovered.  Hockey will ALWAYS matter in the places where it matters Canada, Boston ( and the rest of New England), Buffalo, Detroit,and Minnesota.  I could see football taking over hockey as the number 4 major team sport in America very soon.  Our younger generations are starting to become a lot more "globally aware" and noticing that football is the biggest sport in a lot of places in the world so there must be something to it. and then in the south west where there are a lot of Latino immigrants, they come to the country already favoring futbol.
JoeTerp

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:03 pm

I liked Blades of Steel on the arl Nintendo. ???
jonnymac1979

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:10 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I liked Blades of Steel on the arl Nintendo. ???

Remember that, it was brilliant, when you used to throw off the gloves and scrap.
Belter that game all them years ago now  :nod

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:30 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Hockey is almost dead in mainstream america.  it was dying and then due to a lock out by the owners an entire season was canceled 2 years ago, and the league hasnt really recovered.  Hockey will ALWAYS matter in the places where it matters Canada, Boston ( and the rest of New England), Buffalo, Detroit,and Minnesota.  I could see football taking over hockey as the number 4 major team sport in America very soon.  Our younger generations are starting to become a lot more "globally aware" and noticing that football is the biggest sport in a lot of places in the world so there must be something to it. and then in the south west where there are a lot of Latino immigrants, they come to the country already favoring futbol.

MLS is horrible though, I know what you are saying. They can't even have the camera in the right place to show the game effectively.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:02 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:I am a rather large hockey fan.

I support the New Jersey Devils because of their goaltender Martin Brodeur, also I used to play it until I injured my knees playing in goal a year and a half ago.

Anyway I do love Ice Hockey lots and lots of fun! :) :)

I think you are a "GOALKEEPERFILE" you wierdo.

No im just a lazy git in all sports i play  :D  :p  :D
Last edited by Reinas No.1 Fan on Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:02 am

BLADES OF STEEL!!!! oh man i remember that game, the actual game was ok but I lost count of how many times I had bragging rights over the scrapping part of that game ! My kid brother was so owned !
But in regards to hockey, just watch footy, its better....with better divers. Mr Ronaldo the stage is all yours !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:36 pm

GB beat Japan 4-3 in the world championships if anyones interested , i know i'm not. :p
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:09 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:I am a rather large hockey fan.

I support the New Jersey Devils because of their goaltender Martin Brodeur, also I used to play it until I injured my knees playing in goal a year and a half ago.

Anyway I do love Ice Hockey lots and lots of fun! :) :)

I think you are a "GOALKEEPERFILE" you wierdo.

when you are making up words, try and spell the bits you know correctly.

phile

:p

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 am

LFC's cousins the Canadians failed to qualify for the playoffs and the Stars are the 6 seed in the western conference. (8 out of 16 in each conference make playoffs) and are down 2 games to 1. and the texas rangers (hick's baseball club) are in last place
JoeTerp

Postby ckay » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:56 am

JoeTerp wrote:LFC's cousins the Canadians failed to qualify for the playoffs and the Stars are the 6 seed in the western conference. (8 out of 16 in each conference make playoffs) and are down 2 games to 1. and the texas rangers (hick's baseball club) are in last place

The Canadians missed out on the last game of the season. If they'd have beat the maple leaves they'd be through but the NY Islanders came from nowhere to sneak the last place in the post season.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum