James bulger memorial

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:14 am

Anyone see it last night? For his 18th birthday his mum wants to open a school for bullied kids in his name.

Its weird because I remember james going missing like yesterday but other things that happened a year or two ago I have totally forgotten.

I remember going the Strand on the saturday seeing the frog divers in the canal by the strand just standing there watching on the bridge.

To the family facing our house who had just moved in, whos dad went to the phone box at the top of the street and said his son had done it, but on the friday that kid was leaning on my mums windowsill smoking while his little sister who was 3 ran around the street naked.

So I knew it wasnt him yet the dad wanted the reward, within an hour atleast 2000 people where in our street Sky reporters where in our house asking us about this family.

It was going on crime watch that night but they already had them two in custody but wanted more witnesses to come forward.

Watching that program last night, one is a Man u fan one a Liverpool fan it dawned on me they could even be members of this forum or others, or they might even go the match, i know one had been to Old Trafford a few times its weird isnt it?

Denise looks stronger than ever, that pain and anger seems to have left her face, remember last year she found out where one of them was and couldnt confront him, she said she just froze with fear, but he didnt even know who she was.

I wonder what they feel now they are adults knowing the horrific crime they had commited? I wonder do they realise what they have done, how can they move on with their lives?
Surely if you kill a baby in such an horrific way at the age of ten that must haunt you for ever?

One is living in the NE of England has a wife and a child the other is in the army and is in Germany.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:14 am

RIP Jamie, it does seem like yesterday and those events shocked England as a whole.

Just to clarify I've got ther right story, is it where those two lads walked Jamie out of a shopping center in Liverpool. Then bashed him on the train tracks, I dont rememeber the canal bit all to well but I think thats the one. I get mixed up.

I rememeber my Mum and I were so upset to hear the news of this poor little boy.

On a sidetrack has there been any news on Maddy McCain ?

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:19 am

I remember that also. It wasnt the kids fault who killed him, it was the film Childs Play that was the culprit.

Give me strength. Those little psychos knew what they were doing. They kidnapped that little lad and killed him simply because they are disturbed. I remember as a kid all I wanted to do was play football and watch it.

RIP little Jimmy.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:38 am

lived on westminster rd at the time, round the corner as you know, just utterly stunned, still.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:32 pm

I thought they were both relocated to Australia?

Very sad what happened. Still so shocking even now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:00 am

would James Bulger REALLY be 18?  hell...it really doesn't seem that long ago.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum