I want to leave but need a push - Good samaritans

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby supersub » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:13 pm

It appears there are a few dis-enchanted members who have decided this is not the forum for them but just haven't got the courage to take the final leap.
     Peewee lacked such courage and was therefore dragged screamin' and hollerin' like a pot-bellied pig and thrown into the abyss....The antics that he got upto that forced us to do such a thing were quite appalling,considering this is a football internet forum................
Anyway I digress..my point being if any member wishes to take their leave of the forum but just needs a little nudge,well this is the thread for you..

just post "yes give me 5 cards" and you will then be free like peewee to take your place elsewhere
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:18 pm

:D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Whilst I agree with you SS we are also in danger of being too exclusive and blah blah blah

:help
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:58 pm

A strange thread on a strange day.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:15 am

bigmick wrote:A strange thread on a strange day.

Not really. Its always been the same with this forum. There are times when you get fed up of the place, but you always end up back here in no time. Its like smoking, or drinking, or taking drugs. This place is like a habit. Generally what Supersub is offering is, if you want to kick the "Newkit" habit, just ask, he'll help you out !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:22 am

Im not sure that's what he means really mate. I think his point is essentially that for those who think the forum would be improved by a modification of the card system, or by letting some banees back in, or by more impartiality in the modding ranks, you have two options. Either lump it or feck off. Actually, I think to qualify that I think he actually means, either lump it and shut the feck up, or feck off.

I think there might be a third way though. Perhaps the forum isn't perfect, perhaps the rulkes aren't perfect, and perhaps it is improveable. Perhaps then everyone could enjoy it more.

Anyways the chief mod has always had his own perspective on such things, which he is fully entitled and welcome to.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:48 am

bigmick wrote:Im not sure that's what he means really mate. I think his point is essentially that for those who think the forum would be improved by a modification of the card system, or by letting some banees back in, or by more impartiality in the modding ranks, you have two options. Either lump it or feck off. Actually, I think to qualify that I think he actually means, either lump it and shut the feck up, or feck off.

I think there might be a third way though. Perhaps the forum isn't perfect, perhaps the rulkes aren't perfect, and perhaps it is improveable. Perhaps then everyone could enjoy it more.

Anyways the chief mod has always had his own perspective on such things, which he is fully entitled and welcome to.

Well maybe, but I think that a lot of problems are caused by the members. Remember when Dude Love created an account, and JBG had a rant afterwards. The mods since then have "lightened up". You yourself left for a while as have others because it got to the point where insults where common place, amongst everybody. And the bickering got to a point where, rather than individuals being carded, whole threads were locked instead, but even in that point, the mods have loosened there hold on where topics are going.

Personally, I dont think this topic is a dig at you mick, as a former mod yourself, you are respected for the role you played then and the role you have now. Your posts to some may be long and boring, to others is short and informative ! ( :D ) I think the point of this thread is, the members cause the problems, the arguments and the bitterness amongst ourselves, and when we go around in circles, we expect the mods to jump in and set some kind of order. But thats were the lose - lose situation comes in. Damned if they do, damned if they dont and in the end its always the mods fault. Take the prat from LFCgotnothingbettertotalkaboutreds.com (and yes, im aware of the hypocrisy !) in the other thread. As a member of this forum, St.Michael has been told about his wrong doings and warned, but it still didnt stop certain members jumping on there backs.

What should have happened was, tell the sad b@stard to get a life or point out that he should have waited until another post was copied of their site and then questioned it as a poster. Either way, it just proves my point that its the members who inflamed this situation (and again im aware of the hypocrisy !  :D )

What I do, when im losing an argument is retreat. Sign out and call it a day. So many members dont and drag on the argument until the sun comes up. The mods used to stop this but got whinged about this and so let things continue, and the result is, well, you know for yourself. Damned if they do...
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:00 am

Mostly agree with all of that mate. I actually don't think the mods do a bad job, in the main they do a pretty good one infact. It's a shame that it's only ever one side of the great divide which gets cards and permanent bans, but that's probably just one of those things which you can't do anything about. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and Sub with his "nail on the head" post earlier made it fairly clear what his opinion is, so given those circumstances I wouldn't be holding my breath for any changes on that score. Funnily enough I'm reminded of that scene from Blackadder where Edmund goes to the court martial hearing having shot the Pigeon Of Steven Fry's general :laugh: It does feel a bit like that around here sometimes but like I say, if the fella feels that Lando's was a "nail on the head" post then I suppose it's about as fair as it can be under the cirumstances.

My whole point though on my "changing the card system" thread was not to have a go at the mods, or indeed to get anyone banned. I actually think a change to the system would help the mods, as it would take away any accusations of bias. If the rules were clearly laid out and adhered to, it would be to the benefit of everybody. That thread in many was encapsultes what I think could be improved upon. I start the thread asking for peoples opinions, and before you know where we are you have people calling whole sections of the forum a bunch of c...s, and it's all off.

I simply think there is a better way, but as I say that in the main I think the mods do a difficult job pretty well in the main.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:10 am

bigmick wrote:It's a shame that it's only ever one side of the great divide which gets cards and permanent bans, but that's probably just one of those things which you can't do anything about.

There is a way. Appoint 2 members to replace Leon and Johnny. A poll if you like. The members decide. Elect two members who are here regular to represent our current members. That way, we would have a good all round opinion amongst mods and members.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:03 am

Kharhaz wrote:There is a way. Appoint 2 members to replace Leon and Johnny. A poll if you like. The members decide. Elect two members who are here regular to represent our current members. That way, we would have a good all round opinion amongst mods and members.

And what would these two 'members' be responsible for mate...?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:07 am

I don't think you need more mods to be honest. Like I say, the ones we have already do a decent job under difficult circumstances.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:28 am

red37 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:There is a way. Appoint 2 members to replace Leon and Johnny. A poll if you like. The members decide. Elect two members who are here regular to represent our current members. That way, we would have a good all round opinion amongst mods and members.

And what would these two 'members' be responsible for mate...?

Thanks for your wishes mate, much appreciated. Ive shown my missus the response on here and her smile has widened.

In answer to your question, the recent members elected (whoever they would be), would get to see the overall picture and would most probably put in a more straightforward way in which we would see the bigger picture. Say for instance we voted in Stu and Lando, im guessing there would be no holding back, there would be in your face "your banned because of...." (the .... being examples and right there in your face whereas our current mods dodge around the issue in case offence is caused). And then at the end of this period, we can then see for ourself, we will never be happy.

As long as someone is here to blame, thats the main thing. But exercise all possibilites then you really can have the right to say, been there, done that. The problem is, the members. Trust me. Try all routes and then put the argument across the board. If they fail, they can be dismissed. Im not pretending to be the know all, im just suggesting a "shut em all up" approach. Its an excercise, it could work, but like many im guessing it wont. No hurt in trying though.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:37 am

Just thought I would let you guys know I wont be posting on this site any more...i may carry on reading but i doubt it ... Im fed up of been slated by you halfwits for seeing things as they are instead ...of your rose tinted glasses ...god help Liverpool Fc if we have fans like you..people who are prepared to put up with medicority ..half hearted players ...half hearted fans,,,someone in another thread said im probably upset that we have not signed Zidane, Figo etc ...im not upset im furious Liverpool is the best club in the world why shouldnt we go after the best players..why dont you wake up and smell the coffee we aint gonna win the premiership with this bunch... now you can all say what u like about me ..but at the first game at anfield i will be there singing just as loud as any of you hoping and praying that im wrong......................................As for mistyred your just a pedo who has to pm me cos you have not the balls to post in main room cos everyone will see what a small minded t**t you are ...good nite gentlemen and good luck for the new season

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:43 am

:laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:44 am

babu wrote:Just thought I would let you guys know I wont be posting on this site any more...i may carry on reading but i doubt it ... Im fed up of been slated by you halfwits for seeing things as they are instead ...of your rose tinted glasses ...god help Liverpool Fc if we have fans like you..people who are prepared to put up with medicority ..half hearted players ...half hearted fans,,,someone in another thread said im probably upset that we have not signed Zidane, Figo etc ...im not upset im furious Liverpool is the best club in the world why shouldnt we go after the best players..why dont you wake up and smell the coffee we aint gonna win the premiership with this bunch... now you can all say what u like about me ..but at the first game at anfield i will be there singing just as loud as any of you hoping and praying that im wrong......................................As for mistyred your just a pedo who has to pm me cos you have not the balls to post in main room cos everyone will see what a small minded t**t you are ...good nite gentlemen and good luck for the new season

Plagiarist!

:p  :D  :D
ConnO'var

Next

Return to General Chat Forum