Hey children, leave those teachers alone! - I'd love to read your view

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:02 am

Well. What can I say?

In my honest opinion, there needs to be a balance between the methods of my great-grandparent's and my parents.

The reason I say this is because my Grandparents are/were absolutely brilliant, and their morals are/were correct, IMO.

I say a balance as some of the methods used to teach these morals may have been harsh. (Too much of a smacking has a detrimntal effect.)

I think that the government should top themselves. They are all spineless wasters, who cannot see that a tanned ar*e soon stops kids from being naughty.
Yes - it hurts. Yes - you hate the one who's administered the slap for a good 20 minutes. But the fact is - you stop being a little w*nker, and tend not to start being one again for a good long while.

Teachers have a nightmare job. I saw some of the little b*stards at my secondary school lipping to teachers, and challenging them to fights. (I'd have LOVED it if they HAD had a fight!!!! They'd soon learn a thing or two!) I honestly don't think I could have some cocky little 15/16 year old brat threatening me, insulting me and getting pushy without grabbing the little fecker by the throat and issuing a warning at least!

In short - kids will act like tw*ts if there are no boundaries and no fear. Sad but true, I'm afraid.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Squigels » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:14 am

Im taking an unpopular view here. I wouldn't hit a child.

Not cause it il cause them mental anguish and post traumatic stress and other made up bollox in 20 years.

It aint right its bullying and to do it in a modern world it makes you as bad of them. Parents are to set an example and to care for there kids. Is this it. If i have kids and a teacher threw a chalkduster at my kid i would go down and :censored: the :censored: i wouldn't care about prison. someone hit someone weaker then them and that weaker person was a blood relative of mine then he deserves seven shades of :censored: kicked out of him.

I known and worked with kids who have been not just disciplined but beaten in all senses of the word. (Not been P.c but the stuff handed out to two of them brings tears. Threats, punchings, one was hit in the skull with a rock by his old man.

If they do wrong i would give them a bollocking with words though think hitting kids is as bad as hitting woman.

It must be getting harder to be a teacher these days though it is been getting bad for years.
Squigels

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:00 am

Mikz wrote:WHY DO I CRY LIKE A LITTLE GIRL ?

dunno mate, perhaps your soft  :rasp

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:44 am

:D cant help it mate..

Squigels, we are talking about dicipline here, not gbh on our kids. Lando is correct-The Govt are fcuking clueless t.ossers ! Theyd rather dress up as women and chase each other round hotel rooms with their own canes , than put it to better use.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:51 am

I think that teachers should be armed with machetes and pitchforks and if any of the little bast.ards gives lip they should pay for it with a finger or rib. :blues:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:58 am

Squigels wrote:Im taking an unpopular view here. I wouldn't hit a child.

Not cause it il cause them mental anguish and post traumatic stress and other made up bollox in 20 years.

It aint right its bullying and to do it in a modern world it makes you as bad of them. Parents are to set an example and to care for there kids. Is this it. If i have kids and a teacher threw a chalkduster at my kid i would go down and :censored: the :censored: i wouldn't care about prison. someone hit someone weaker then them and that weaker person was a blood relative of mine then he deserves seven shades of :censored: kicked out of him.

I known and worked with kids who have been not just disciplined but beaten in all senses of the word. (Not been P.c but the stuff handed out to two of them brings tears. Threats, punchings, one was hit in the skull with a rock by his old man.

If they do wrong i would give them a bollocking with words though think hitting kids is as bad as hitting woman.

It must be getting harder to be a teacher these days though it is been getting bad for years.

i don't think anyone's talking about beating the sh!te out of kids or chucking wooden board-dusters at them but as lando says there has to be a boundary which when crossed results in a smack. the kid won't be traumatised as he/she knows they've been smacked for crossing that boundary. as for giving them a talking-to it just doesn't work i'm afraid, kids are a savvy bunch and will be laughing their t!ts off the minute their "talking-to" has finished

ps. look at this tanned @rse, there should definitely be more of these:

b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:33 am

Squigels wrote:Im taking an unpopular view here. I wouldn't hit a child.

I do agree with some of the things you have said. But there is a difference between beating the cr@p outta your kids and giving them a smack an the backside for being bad.
When I left school, I went to work in a nursery school up the road from me. The kids where a group of good kids. But there where a couple who liked to be naughty. One wee boy was put into the naughty corner for pulling a little girls hair and said to the teacher who put him there, "Do you know who my dad is? I'll get him to do your knees". As you can imagine the teacher was horrified and was a nervous wreak for weeks incase it happened.
That happened 17 years ago. Now things are a lot worse for teachers and some parents. I dont think that kids nowdays have any respect for adults whatsoever. The goverment with its anti smacking bill, has given children the excuse to do what they want, when they want to. Thats why so many kids have ASBO's.There are kids as young as 9 and 10, robbing and beating up pensioners. Mum and dad cant do anything about it, cause if they smack them for it, they are the ones who are in the wrong. Thats leaves the kid thinking they can get away with it.
But when it comes to children being beaten just for the fun of it, thats when it becomes wrong. Thats where to goverment should come down hard on parents, Not for giving them a smack for being naughty.
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Squigels » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:54 am

It seems overdramatic i know but if this punishment becomes more acceptable again. We are inevitable to see cases of people taking it to far.

someone will naturlally take it to far. I agree kids can certainly be real shits. And dem psycologists saying the kids are expressing them selves can go :censored: themselves and get a real job.

i think the ending of corporal punishment was a step foward. Parents should probobly have thier own discretion but if i was a parent i wouldbe dead against it.
Squigels

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:06 pm

i don't agree with corporal punishment at school, but if more parents taught their unruly kids the difference between right & wrong with a smack on the @rse then maybe the little scrotes would behave a bit better at school. as for the parents who'd take it too far they're probably gonna do it anyway regardless of what his tonyness and our nanny state say

incidentally my ma taught at our school for a while, she did remedial teaching (or whatever they call it now) so got some of the real @rsey kids who used to give a lot of the other teachers lip and (seriosuly) used to sit there in class and compare notes on the different young offenders institutes they'd been in :laugh: luckily for her she was also a magistrate at the time so they were all sh*t scared of appearing in court when she was on the bench so they were quiet as mice in her class :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Squigels » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:12 pm

il ask a question here. Would anyone care what the goverment says. Its your child in your own home.

Kids reporting parants on a grand scale seems like scaremongering off the Daily Mail to me.

Regarding what you  said about parants would take it to far no matter what ol Tony says. Wouldn't it be the same if he banned smacking. he would ban it i don't think it would end it though.
Squigels

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:14 pm

exactly, people would still smack their kids at home regardless if there was a ban or not. and kids would never report their parents for smacking them cos....    wait for it.....    they'd be scared of getting smacked :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:16 pm

When i was young, I used to be beaten to death, four hours before i woke up but trying telling that to kids today and they just dont believe you        :)

Wasnt some dead greek guy bemoaning lack of manners of young people back in ancient times ?

Though i do think the tech age has made today's youth far more savvy about their rights
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:36 pm

laza wrote:When i was young, I used to be beaten to death

how come your still alive laza

are you jesus  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:04 pm

I reckon every generation moans about the one above and below them.  Theres a lot of rose tinted looking at the past.  I agree that kids these days have no respect etc but I was a tearaway myself!!!

My Brother is a PE teacher and he does say that its getting harder and worse but mainly due to the parents.  Parents have threatened him for leaving kids out of teams or on the bench even if the kid is no good.

I went with my mate to watch his kid brother play in a under 11's football game.  He was a goalie for North Liverpool schools I think, well he was from Bootle, but the parents there were to be honest absolute scumbags. They were a really badly behaved crowd.  My brother says its exactly the same in the school he teaches in and across the country.

Bizarely, I watched some Sky programme on Rooney and the Youth/schools coach said that his dad was great, mainly cos he was more interested in boxing but he never harrased the coach as most other parents do.

I dont really believe in hitting kids but there has to be basic discipline and respect and that does begin at home
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Squigels » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:10 pm

I agree it has to be set at home. But is hitting someone to get them to agree with you really setting the right example? It shows that by been physical you get someones attention and influence their behaviour. I can't stand parents at games. I asked my old man only to turn up to cup finals. he is a great soul but i got abuse of other kids folks if i skinned them and always heard kick the bas*ard. inveriebly that Ba*tard was me, :grinning:

The same parants watched as we got stoned out of the place. One year later a brother of one of there ruts playing fired a golf ball across the pitch with his 3 wood. What where the parents doing then.
Squigels

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum