I need pc info help - Drivers

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:43 pm

do any of you know of a site that i can got to that will find what drivers i am running on my pc or can find what hardwear i have in the pc.
i have re done a mates pc but the driver cd thay have given to dont have the drivers for the display/graphics.

i dont know what the graphics card is ,
so i am looking for a site that can  scan the pc and tell me.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:51 pm

the pc should be able to scan its own hardware, devices and drivers shouldn't it? i'm no PC expert by the way, but the mac has that facility as a basic part of the system. i'm sure PC has something similar...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:54 pm

it should but i can not find this one driver, its f*** me right up , oh well i will have to pop next door and get the tech head neighbor to have a look lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:12 pm

take the lid off and examine the graphics card!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:23 pm

Lee J wrote:take the lid off and examine the graphics card!

:D  :D  :D
well-said lee j
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:37 pm

If you are running on Microsoft XP the just run the help wizard and put drivers or hardware in the search engine.

Alternatively, phone PC world, they give advice for free, but beware as they will try and get you to agree to seeing one of their reps.....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:38 pm

thanks, done it know , the prob was that it was all on board and as it waas a time pc they sent the cd out without the driver for it on there, i downloaded a prog to find what hardwear it was and then downloaded the driver .
thanks
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:44 pm

have you got the software? if not, you may check: www.download.com, type: 'hardware' in the search bar, there will be some progs on the list, you may want to choose a 'free' software (see the remarks below the prog). 
Once the hardware examined, put it on google search engine (e.g. 'free xxx driver'). Select the desired site. You may be required to register and asked for your email address to where the further instruction will be sent to. In order to avoid junk/ads emails flooding your main email account, use your rarely used email if any, or else you may create a specific account for junk mails. Good luck.
note: It won't be very easy to find drivers for onboard parts, sometimes they are just unavailable or not updated.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:18 pm

boot it up in safe mode, that will give you a 'basic' display, also open up the unit and check out the make of the graphics card, Windows should give you a 'basic' graphics driver as a default which will only display in low res and that way you'll be able to goto the windows update site and get a driver after it scans your system for updates :;):

Good luck dude :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 pm

Get Sisoft Sandra: its a good system info utility.

Otherwise, simply go into Hardware Settings/Device Manager in Windows and you'll see all your hardware, together with the accompanying driver.  :;):
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to General Chat Forum