Conspiracy theories - Which do you believe

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:03 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:That aliens landed at "AREA 57!!!!!" and yet they've managed to cover it up all these years.

So thats how they have kept it secret all these years, everyones been watching Area 51 for aliens and it was Area57 all along  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:04 pm

s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:That aliens landed at "AREA 57!!!!!" and yet they've managed to cover it up all these years.

So thats how they have kept it secret all these years, everyones been watching Area 51 for aliens and it was Area57 all along  :D

:D

They're yanks...  :lookaround  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:15 pm

Kanye West sees racism everywhere.

At the MTV Music Awards, he thought Britney Spears was chosen to open the show rather than him, simply because she was white and he was black. The real reason most likely is that everyone knew that Britney opening the show would be a hilarious car crash of a performance, way more entertaining than West or anyone else.

If he'd have said "George Bush doesn't care about POOR people" I would have believed him.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:54 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Conspiracy theories are for the weak minded who just cannot accept that sh*t happens.

Well, some sh*t happens for a reason, Lando. There's always a reason. And when that reason has doubt, then you invariably get suspicion. That would be like finding a dead body and walking past it and saying "ah, well - sh*t happens". There is nothing wrong with having a mind of your own, other than believe what the media spoon feeds you. You're a football and Liverpool supporter. You should at least know this.

I don't listen to the media at all - I don't tend to read the papers, and the only info on things I tend to be a*sed with is the initial reports on the news.

But I have to say it's idiotic to think:

That the Yank government/senate/whoever ordered the assassination of John Lennon. As big a pr*ck as the bloke was, there were plenty of other people doing more to disrupt the US than that long haired hippy gimp.

That the Senate/Pentagon ordered the assassination of JFK. What a load of old rubbish.

That aliens landed at "AREA 57!!!!!" and yet they've managed to cover it up all these years.

That the moon landings were fake. Do you ACTUALLY think that the Russians would have kept quiet had they found that they were infact the first nation to reach the place? And further to that - do you truly believe they wouldn't have checked?

That Bush/his crones ordered the Twin towers disaster to propagate the war on Iraq. I find that deeply insulting to the man, and beyond sick. Think about what this ridiculous notion implies. :no

Any more? Probably... But then - they'll all be a pile of W*nk aswell.

Very much like myself, then. I tend not to read papers or watch the news at all, unless it's something local that's happening or something huge. Too much pollution.

But I have to say it's idiotic to think:

That the Yank government/senate/whoever ordered the assassination of John Lennon. As big a pr*ck as the bloke was, there were plenty of other people doing more to disrupt the US than that long haired hippy gimp.

No dispute here. I don't have a clue, or never knew that such a conspiracy existed until late. Don't care to know much more either, although I'm sure it's interesting.

That the Senate/Pentagon ordered the assassination of JFK. What a load of old rubbish.

I wouldn't say it's rubbish. Out of all the conspiracies, the JFK one is one that makes a lot of sense. That and the fact that it's clear that the man was shot from two separate angles, as can be seen in the footage. Yet the US government ignores that fact as if it weren't there and sticks to their original story that some poor b@stard called Oswald shot him from behind. Were you the second gunman on the grassy knoll, Lando?

That aliens landed at "AREA 57!!!!!" and yet they've managed to cover it up all these years.

You mean Roswell? Area 51. Or Dreamland as it's known. The crash, allegedly, happened in the area of Roswell, and the parts were taken to an air force base known as Area 51. I'm sure you know the tale. Even though Area 51 sounds like some sort of myth, it's actually a real base. You can see it on Google Earth, though it doesn't show on any maps. It's been a well known fact that the government has been using this area as a no go area for anyone (there are signs there stating that you will be shot if you go beyond a certain point) on the outside. It's possible this place is used for "Black Ops" projects of experimental craft. It's a fact that the Stealth Bomber was originally planned, built and flown in the late 40's and early 50's. Almost 40 years before anyone knew what it was. UFO's exist. Be they flown by aliens,  men, experimental craft using alien tech flown by men, who knows. They're real regardless. Nobody is going to tell me they aren't.

That the moon landings were fake. Do you ACTUALLY think that the Russians would have kept quiet had they found that they were infact the first nation to reach the place? And further to that - do you truly believe they wouldn't have checked?

I'm not really sure about this one, either. The jury is still out on this as far as I'm concerned. In my opinion, it's certainly not ludicrous to think that it was all staged. It's very plausible. Maybe even more plausible than the event itself. I just have to wonder why, that having got there, why wouldn't they have went back up again almost 40 years later with far more advanced technology than what they had back then? Surely it would make more sense to do that. If it was in the name of science as they say, they would have. But if it was for a political reason, which is why they probably felt they had to go in the first place, then they have no reason as yet. That race was won. In the hearts and minds at least.

That Bush/his crones ordered the Twin towers disaster to propagate the war on Iraq. I find that deeply insulting to the man, and beyond sick. Think about what this ridiculous notion implies. :no

No arguments here. I agree. Bush is an idiot. But a smarter man than people give him credit for. If you watched the man speak 10 years ago in congress, he certainly sounded like a man who knew his sh*t and knew what he was talking about. He was a brilliant mediator. I don't know what happened to him. But certainly, I think something stinks surrounding the overall events of 9/11 for sure.

Any more? Probably... But then - they'll all be a pile of W*nk aswell.

Yep. There are more alright. Including a stonker relating to the sinking of the Titanic. According to some, it never sank at all, and that the ship at the bottom of the ocean isn't the Titanic, but her twin sister the Olympic. Not many people know that there were two identical ships. But that's another story.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:04 pm

Emerald Red wrote:No arguments here. I agree. Bush is an idiot. But a smarter man than people give him credit for. If you watched the man speak 10 years ago in congress, he certainly sounded like a man who knew his sh*t and knew what he was talking about. He was a brilliant mediator. I don't know what happened to him.

He's always been a tool, I remember seeing interviews with him 10 years ago, he's never been particularly bright and never will be. He certainly has intelligent people who surround him though. He's never sounded like a man who knew his sh!t. He's thick, but has good advisors and strong faith in his views, that's all. IMHO. A combination of strong financial funding, confidence in his beliefs and intelligent advisors enabled him to take office as President.
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:13 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:No arguments here. I agree. Bush is an idiot. But a smarter man than people give him credit for. If you watched the man speak 10 years ago in congress, he certainly sounded like a man who knew his sh*t and knew what he was talking about. He was a brilliant mediator. I don't know what happened to him.

He's always been a tool, I remember seeing interviews with him 10 years ago, he's never been particularly bright and never will be. He certainly has intelligent people who surround him though. He's never sounded like a man who knew his sh!t. He's thick, but has good advisors and strong faith in his views, that's all.

If you seen the speech I seen him give to the senate, you'd have a different view. I don't know how long ago it was, but it looked as if it was the early 90's.

Take a look...

Bush

I seen one even before this. The man could talk and speak his own mind and answer questions with clarity when put to the sword, and all without pre-written notes.

But, yeah, he was a tool then, and is a tool now.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:28 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

He's always been a tool, I remember seeing interviews with him 10 years ago, he's never been particularly bright and never will be. He certainly has intelligent people who surround him though. He's never sounded like a man who knew his sh!t. He's thick, but has good advisors and strong faith in his views, that's all.

If you seen the speech I seen him give to the senate, you'd have a different view. I don't know how long ago it was, but it looked as if it was the early 90's.

Take a look...

Bush

I seen one even before this. The man could talk and speak his own mind and answer questions with clarity when put to the sword, and all without pre-written notes.

I've just watched it, it proves nothing to support the view that he knew his sh!t, he repeated what was drummed into him by advisors. He was well prepped by his advisors, you can see that by the way he speaks, and the structure of the speech in general.

He is stating his beliefs in that speech, any well prepped muppet can do that. He's confident and has revised the speech well.

The clarity of his speech making may have deteriorated with age, bear in mind that speech was from a time when he was not President, he had to be on the ball in terms of preparation if he was going to come anywhere near winning an election.

He is not an independent thinker, and never will be.
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:31 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Take a look...

Bush

I've just watched it, it proves nothing to support the view that he knew his sh!t. He was well prepped by his advisors, you can see that by the way he speaks, and the structure of the speech in general.

He is stating his beliefs in that speech, any well prepped muppet can do that. He's confident and has revised the speech well.

The clarity of his speech making may have deteriorated with age, bear in mind that speech was from a time when he was not President, he had to be on the ball in terms of preparation if he was going to come anywhere near winning an election.

Well, either way, at least he could talk and answer questions without blabbering bollox. If an idiot is in charge of America, and has been this past 8 years, then it makes you wonder how he got voted in and how he's been there for so long. What do you think?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:34 pm

With JFK, I give no credibility to conspiracy theories. A angry frustrated man who desperately wanted to do something to make a name for himself. Anything to make him stand out and be remembered. Lee Harvey Oswald. Qualified sharpshooter. The shots all consistent with coming from the school book despository. First shot, miss. Second shot, straight through Kennedy and into Connelly. Final shot, Kennedy's head blown apart.

With Roswell, I'm not a believer. I find more credible that governments allow UFO stories to circulate because it diverts attention away from the important stuff, like military development of new aircraft and so forth. Although I do believe that it's possible and even probable that life exists elsewhere in the universe, given the sheer number of stars and planets out there, I doubt with all the technology required to travel between stars that such alien beings would crash in New Mexico. There is also the suggestion that a civilisation advanced enough to travel across the galaxy wouldn't actually need nuts and bolts spaceships, and even if they visited this planet, it's unlikely our relatively primitive technology would be able to detect them.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:36 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Well, either way, at least he could talk and answer questions without blabbering bollox. If an idiot is in charge of America, and has been this past 8 years, then it makes you wonder how he got voted in and how he's been there for so long. What do you think?

America have a thing for numpties - especially in recent times, Schwarzenegger managed to become Governor of California FFS!

Another example of someone, who without serious financial backing, and intelligent advisors would fall flat on his face.

In America, the pre-requisite for being a politician doesn't include being bright. It requires serious financial backing, quality advisors, and an immense confidence in your beliefs.

If anything it makes you wonder what the feck the electorate are thinking.
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:42 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Well, either way, at least he could talk and answer questions without blabbering bollox. If an idiot is in charge of America, and has been this past 8 years, then it makes you wonder how he got voted in and how he's been there for so long. What do you think?

America have a thing for numpties - especially in recent times, Schwarzenegger managed to become Governor of California FFS!

Another example of someone, who without serious financial backing, and intelligent advisors would fall flat on his face.

In America, the pre-requisite for being a politician doesn't include being bright. It requires serious financial backing, quality advisors, and an immense confidence in your beliefs.

If anything it makes you wonder what the feck the electorate are thinking.

So who would you say is running the show, then? Is it Bush, or is it someone else?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:58 pm

People like George Bush and the T-101 cyborg running California aren't really the "president" or the "governor". I think guys like that are simply the public face of whichever group actually runs the country or state. For example, it's easier to get Arnie elected because he can work the crowds and the people of the state find him appealing because he's a huge star. But no one can seriously believe that this Austrian dummy is actually devising policy. I would say the same thing happened with Ronald Reagan. He was a great talker who could capture the attention of the people, but in reality he was little more than the spokesperson for the real policy makers behind the scenes who were really running the country.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:59 pm

Emerald Red wrote:So who would you say is running the show, then? Is it Bush, or is it someone else?

That question sounds conspiratorial, however:

It's not one or the other, there are a number of pressure groups/interest groups, insider and outsider who exert varying degrees of influence over the White House. Ultimately Bush takes the decisions.
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:06 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:People like George Bush and the T-101 cyborg running California aren't really the "president" or the "governor". I think guys like that are simply the public face of whichever group actually runs the country or state. For example, it's easier to get Arnie elected because he can work the crowds and the people of the state find him appealing because he's a huge star. But no one can seriously believe that this Austrian dummy is actually devising policy. I would say the same thing happened with Ronald Reagan. He was a great talker who could capture the attention of the people, but in reality he was little more than the spokesperson for the real policy makers behind the scenes who were really running the country.

Sounds like a conspiracy on it's own. You aren't suggesting that Shadow Governments exist within, are you, Manhattan? And that Bush and his administration are nothing but a veneer or puppets?   ???
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:12 am

Emerald Red wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:People like George Bush and the T-101 cyborg running California aren't really the "president" or the "governor". I think guys like that are simply the public face of whichever group actually runs the country or state. For example, it's easier to get Arnie elected because he can work the crowds and the people of the state find him appealing because he's a huge star. But no one can seriously believe that this Austrian dummy is actually devising policy. I would say the same thing happened with Ronald Reagan. He was a great talker who could capture the attention of the people, but in reality he was little more than the spokesperson for the real policy makers behind the scenes who were really running the country.

Sounds like a conspiracy on it's own. You aren't suggesting that Shadow Governments exist within, are you, Manhattan? And that Bush and his administration are nothing but a veneer or puppets?   ???

I think Manhattan means the front men are not necessarily the presiding policy makers, which is an accepted part of every political scene.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum