Considering taking champix.. - ...but then i read this

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 am

I have a prescription for an alleged wonderdrug called Champix. Supposedly (according to my GP) it has a 40% success rate in helping you give up...

So I did a little more research....

....and found this :

http://www.thehealthierlife.co.uk/natural....05.html

Farkin' 'ell ! Have a butcher's at the feedback from people who have taken it. Looks like I could become the Antichrist if I take this stuff - anybody else tried it ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Bammo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:23 am

Are you being prescribed this to quit smoking? If so I'd always say that using artificial methods to quit is a dangerous path, especially if they have side effects like that!

People do tend to only give bad reviews though. It's human nature. There could be thousands who have used it successfully but are too busy getting on with their lives to report about it on an internet site.

It could be that these people are flipping out because of nicotine withdrawal rather than the drug. Then again, maybe not!

Seems like a bit of a risk to take it if there are other alternatives available to you.
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:59 am

just put the cigs down and use your own willpower to stop - it gets easier.

for those reliant on substitutes to help them will probably go back to smoking at a later date. just a matter of time.

do it on your own accord. much more satisfying that you didnt rely on someone or something else
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CarlosRocks » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:11 pm

i quit using champix and they were completely fine. i got a bit of insomnia for a night or two and i felt a little nausious but it only lasted a couple of days.
i also recommended then to a couple of friends who also quit using them.

i tried quitting loads of times before and nothing worked like champix. i quit after 2 weeks of taking them and havent had one since......that was two years ago.
CarlosRocks

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:07 pm

CarlosRocks wrote:i quit using champix and they were completely fine. i got a bit of insomnia for a night or two and i felt a little nausious but it only lasted a couple of days.
i also recommended then to a couple of friends who also quit using them.

i tried quitting loads of times before and nothing worked like champix. i quit after 2 weeks of taking them and havent had one since......that was two years ago.

Thanks for that mate...
Food for thought.
bunglemark2

Postby Judge » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:47 pm

i quit four years ago without taking anything but using my own willpower
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Judge wrote:i quit four years ago without taking anything but using my own willpower

Well, I suppose a congrats is in order for that. And I mean that...
Me, I think I might need a little help with it and I don't mind if it's this stuff or similar. Main thing is to kick the habit, isn't it ?
bunglemark2

Postby andy_g » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:15 pm

after reading through a bit of that site i think i'd try just about everything else first. if i still couldn't quit i'd consider using it as a last resort, sounds like fairly nasty stuff.

the great thing about giving up the fags is starting to feel healthy again. sounds a shame to screw that up with chest pains, insomnia, nightmares, flushes and nectrotizing skin eating bacterial infections.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:38 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Judge wrote:i quit four years ago without taking anything but using my own willpower

Well, I suppose a congrats is in order for that. And I mean that...
Me, I think I might need a little help with it and I don't mind if it's this stuff or similar. Main thing is to kick the habit, isn't it ?

depends if you view smoking as a habit or an addiction

habits are easy to break, addictions are not
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:07 pm

I had one treatment of acupuncture in July - haven't smoked since.

There are different types/styles of practise of acupuncture; but the one
that worked for me is called "Nada" (I think).

They treat the addiction points in your ear, it hurts a little bit but for £40 it's well worth it.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:07 pm

another effective anti-smoking form of acupuncture is the one where they pin your lips together so you can't get a ciggy between them. if you're hardcore enough you can carry on smoking through your nose but its not for the faint hearted.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:06 am

I smoked a pack a day for many years, smoked for more than 20 years in total.
Gave up once the kids were born 8 years back as I had a responsibility to be around for them.

Still miss having a toke, still have a sneaky one when I'm travelling and Mrs Reg cant see me.
Feel a million times better without though, must say.

Its in teh mind though, the kids were my incentive. Little buggers.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:19 am

Been off the bifters for nearly 4 weeks now ,these champix are boss honestly . I've had very little cravings and i'm down to just one tablet every other day .

Murdered the wife and kids last week , but atleast i've saved a few bob for there funerals.

Nah only messin , i've had no side effects whatsoever and i reckon i've deffo beat them this time . Only one hurdle to climb now and that's having a bevvy and not a ciggy . Still havent had a drink yet.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:37 am

listen i smoked 30 a day for nearly 20 years  :down: but 5 years ago i used nicorette patches for 3 weeks, I have not had a brogue since. Never give up giving up.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:43 am

I was on the bus today and there was a couple of blokes in front of me talking about smoking. One bloke, you know the ones they have smoked all there life, cut down then eventually give up and become the experts on everything smoking related, including looking down on those who still smoke, was talking about cutting down to just one a day. He tried the patches and everything, nothing worked so he just stopped. "Its all in the mind" he kept saying, now I could tell the guy he was talking too was getting fed up with him by his one word replies "yeah, what, yeah, mind, yeah, innit". I felt for the guy I really did, I very nearly rolled him a fag right after I rolled myself one listening to this pr!ck but thought better of it. Baccy costs a small fortune these days so fudge him ! :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum