Civil war in metalhead's country? - Stay safe mate

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Sabre » Mon May 12, 2008 8:39 pm

In the last couple of days I'm reading in the Spanish papers that there's been fights in Lebanon started in Beirut and now extending throush out the country.

Could you update us Metalhead? Stay safe, and btw, happy birthday, I forgot to post  :blush:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Mon May 12, 2008 8:41 pm

Yeah seen reports of machiene gun fire and things. As Sabre said stay safe matey.
Thingy

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 12, 2008 8:46 pm

Hope your alright son look after yourself and your family
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 12, 2008 8:49 pm

Keep your head down mate
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 12, 2008 10:09 pm

Can't pretend to understand the politics or the mentality of the middle east. Just seems to me that instead of a struggle to make life better for their people those with guns are more interested in a struggle for power over a piece of earth that once again they seem bent on turning into a ruin.

As far as the mid east is concerned I honestly feel the rest of the planet is dealing with an area where the majority of the people have a medieval mindset , unfortunately they're armed with 21st century weapons.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:38 pm

All the best lad!Stay safe!

Hopefully one day soon over there people will see that they are caught in limbo and are only going round in circles!
Bullets and RPGs provoke more of the same.

Hope they can sit down have a huge slice of humble pie each and sort their differences out.
Look at belfast now,since our lot of tos.sers put their heads together...heaven on earth! :D
Well almost,well in fact its nothing near it but ya know what i mean! :laugh:

Anyway keep yer nugget down!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 pm

so so true woof!!!

we have parties own areas in lebanon (like nobles back in mideaval times who owned lands) and protect thegaim.

Its been over 33 years we have been fighting with each other unfortunatley, starting back in 1975 during the civil war (wasn't born yet, but my ma would tell me all about it) and it ended in 1990 with an agreement, we had a couple of years of peace but then again things got tense and the anti-syrian brigade came to life and a new conflict emereged (the conflict today). Wednesday, we witnessed a coup done by hizballah miltia in lebanon against the government. Hizballah took over most of beirut in 1 day and called the government to withdraw their decision against them on telecomunication networks thats part of the hizballah's arms. Then one thing led to another, fights started in the mountains, others in the north by government supporters and allies of hizballah, but thankfully it stopped and I hope it stays that way.

Its time for us to look each other in the eye and get together, talk and work things out.

If anyone wants to know more about this issue, feel free to ask any questions.

By the way, Im ok, i live in the suberbs of beirut, which didn't witness any gun fights. However I still heard the B7s(RPGs) and Ak47 that were used in beirut.

Sabre, nah almost a civil war, but thankfully some politicians came to  their senses.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Wed May 14, 2008 1:44 am

Be careful mate......

I have only one creed as far as politics is concerned. Don't get involved unless me or me family is at risk. Look after yourself and the folks at home.
ConnO'var

Postby Keris » Wed May 14, 2008 3:18 am

Stay safe mate.
Hope the fightings will stop soon.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed May 14, 2008 5:00 am

Stay frosty Metalman and keep the faith
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed May 14, 2008 11:27 pm

UPDATE:

situation got better, no more civil disobedience starting tommorow and discussions to appointing a new president is under way.

Finally i can get out for a bit

:)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum