Bomb blast near my office

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:42 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Hi Shanti, glad to hear you're ok. I did wonder about you early this morning when the news started to come through.

As for the picture, I can't really comment as it was removed before I could view it and form an opinion. However I find it vaugely hypocritical that some people asked you to remove it because "we get kids in here ", and yet these people have no problems with conversations that revolve around  naked women ,areas of the male and female body, innuendo's , double entende's and outright sexual references despite the fact that "we get kids in here "
Double standards or what ? . Be careful of hypocrites who preach censorship .

:)

i assume you mean me. i dont see the pleasure in looking at leg that has been blown off. i saw plenty of bodies as a policeman snd its not too nice.

would you rather the picture go back on?

you do have a point woof woof and maybe it is hypocritical of me but i really dont see the pleasure in going to major incident and taking pictures with a mobile phone.

my messages have never been crude although the do some times have double meanings.

sorry if that offends you and would you like me to remove the aformentioned posts?
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:44 pm

simic_ie wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
peewee wrote:thankyou for removing pic shanti. please try to understand the difference in cultures between us and south east asians.

Whats with the "us" ?
Since when did I ask you to speak on my behalf ?

Your post would suggest that YOU have a complete understanding of BOTH cultures and are therefore qualified to patronise both in one banal and condescending sentence .

I f*ckin; hate it when some tw*t sets himself up as the voice of western culture .

:angry:

Bad day at the office woof??? You're more aggresive than usual in your posts.... although I agree with what your saying.... mostly

jeez woof, a bad choice of words on my behalf. it seems that you are advocating the bombings or maybe its just a bad choice of words on your part also
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:47 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
simic_ie wrote:Bad day at the office woof??? You're more aggresive than usual in your posts.... although I agree with what your saying.... mostly

Yeah sorry about that Simic. You know I prefer to keep things "light", but certain attitudes burn me up .

Apology to PeeWee but in future when you use the word "us" please put the disclaimer  "not necessarily WoofWoof "

yeah woof, i posted before i read this one. im an educated man but sometimes people maybe can read too much into a statment. i know you lived in asia and obviously feel strongly about particualr things. however i really do not see the need to show part of a bomb victim on a football forum
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:00 pm

actually i really can't belive that some one would compare talking about tads with showing a picture of a dismembered body. the mind boggles. you can call me a hypocrite if i complain about someone doing a double entrede, but i said a picture of a dismembered body was not suitable for a football forum. i have my say on this matter and if anyone thinks that this site is the correct place to show such things they can continue this in pm and i will tell them some home truths. if i dont get a pm reagrding this then i suggest you calm down and think about why its ok to show such images
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:03 pm

now woof woof, are you from liverpool?

when we speak we tend to use the word us instead of me or i, as an example, "if your going the shop get us some chocolate". we use it in the singular.

now woo woof we have never had cross words before and if your response was borne out of anger for some other reason, like a general bad mood then maybe this should go behind us
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:15 pm

peewee wrote:yeah woof, i posted before i read this one. im an educated man but sometimes people maybe can read too much into a statment. i know you lived in asia and obviously feel strongly about particualr things. however i really do not see the need to show part of a bomb victim on a football forum

Fair enough PeeWee, I know you're a top geezer really. I am sensitive to certain issues and was having a bit of a rant .
During my time in the military I too saw many body parts some of which I created and I have no real desire to see anymore.

The nature of Shanti's picture was not the essence of my post, it was more to do with censorship and double standards not all necessarily aimed at you.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:18 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
peewee wrote:yeah woof, i posted before i read this one. im an educated man but sometimes people maybe can read too much into a statment. i know you lived in asia and obviously feel strongly about particualr things. however i really do not see the need to show part of a bomb victim on a football forum

Fair enough PeeWee, I know you're a top geezer really. I am sensitive to certain issues and was having a bit of a rant .
During my time in the military I too saw many body parts some of which I created and I have no real desire to see anymore.

The nature of Shanti's picture was not the essence of my post, it was more to do with censorship and double standards not all necessarily aimed at you.

thanks woof, i totally respect your last post, i think i got as angry as you did for a while there. sorry
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:18 pm

HUNKS, TADS, LITTLE TIP, ZARAS MYSTERY MAN just all for a bit of banter an a laugh u did go OTT tho dawg for shanti or should I say you would like to :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:29 pm

peewee wrote:actually i really can't belive that some one would compare talking about tads with showing a picture of a dismembered body. the mind boggles.

What makes my mind boggle is a thread about an explosion with several dead and hundreds injured that within' a few posts has moved on to the issues of whether the pic was suitable for kids , the cultural differences between us and south east asians,rooney and whores and whether Shanti was wearing a dress or not.

Maybe I'm missing something. Must have left my sense of humour somewhere.
  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:32 pm

its a conversation im not getting involved in now mate, i said what i want. im happy we can see each others view to a certain level and im sorry if anything i said offended you. we are twom people who have been around death and it does affect people in different ways.

i hope this wont affect our future postings
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:33 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:HUNKS, TADS, LITTLE TIP, ZARAS MYSTERY MAN just all for a bit of banter an a laugh u did go OTT tho dawg for shanti or should I say you would like to :D

Guilty on both counts  :(
:D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:42 pm

peewee wrote:its a conversation im not getting involved in now mate, i said what i want. im happy we can see each others view to a certain level and im sorry if anything i said offended you. we are twom people who have been around death and it does affect people in different ways.

No probs PeeWee .
that doesn't mean we're gonna start huggin and swappin spit , we get kids in here !!!

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:52 pm

C'mon were all mates and weve had a few drinks no need for this calm down

Hey leave it etc

Good points all round  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:01 pm

yes taff, be careful as the booze goes to yer head, and youve got flip flops on!!!!!!
106-1093504160

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:35 am

woof woof ! wrote:
peewee wrote:its a conversation im not getting involved in now mate, i said what i want. im happy we can see each others view to a certain level and im sorry if anything i said offended you. we are twom people who have been around death and it does affect people in different ways.

No probs PeeWee .
that doesn't mean we're gonna start huggin and swappin spit , we get kids in here !!!

er hugs and spit?  I dont think so, even if your spit does taste like lager    :laugh:
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum