Car bomb explosion at my school

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:57 pm

shocking stuff. It's all over sky news and everything. Apparently happened at 14:50 underneath a teacher's car.

I didn't hear anything while I was in my lessons.

Madness.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:59 pm

:O
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:02 pm

Nail bomb explodes close to city primary school
Sep 21 2007

A 'NAIL BOMB' has exploded under a car close to a Liverpool primary school, police have confirmed.

Police described the device, which went off under a vehicle close to Runnymede Primary in West Derby at about 2.50pm today, as a "nail bomb." 

The school was evacuated immediately after the bomb went off, a police spokesman said.

Police sealed off the area and forensic teams moved-in to collect evidence at Runnymede, an independent school which has more than 200 pupils aged 3 to 11.

The school  is attached to St Edwards College, an Catholic boys school with more than 1,000 children.

Inspector Michael O'Callaghan said: "There was an explosion under a car at the school this afternoon.

"What caused the explosion and the reasons behind it we are investigating.

"Nobody has been injured and there has been no collateral damage.

Damon Younis, 38, who lives next to the school, said: "There was a bomb, it was a nail bomb. I don't think anyone was injured. The car was at the entrance to the school and one police car has arrived.''

Police were unable to confirm reports the car belonged to a teacher at the school.

The school is a very popular fee-paying Catholic junior school next to St Edward's College - a high school that is the successor to a former Christian Brothers Grammar School.

Competition for places at St Edward's College is fierce with dozens of pupils each year being refused a place - including some who have been educated at Runnymede.

-------------

by the way, St. Edward's College is not an all boys school. It is for boys and girls.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:02 pm

In Liverpool adam?

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:04 pm

scouser 'til I die wrote:In Liverpool adam?

yeah, St Edward's college
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:05 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
scouser 'til I die wrote:In Liverpool adam?

yeah, St Edward's college

bloody ell i dont live too far away from there :O

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:17 pm

is that the one not far from childwall fiveways
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:01 pm

wtf is the world coming to. Innocent kids have to be blown up now?

Christ there's some real f**king hardknocks about isn't there!   :angry:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:07 pm

Shocking stuff...thank goodness no one was injured!  Adam, mate, I hope you're doing okay.  Talk about the problems of the world hitting too close to home. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:12 pm

red37 wrote:wtf is the world coming to. Innocent kids have to be blown up now?

Christ there's some real f**king hardknocks about isn't there!   :angry:

Being the target a teacher's car, and watching how the teenagers behave, and with the internet providing info to make a bomb in three clicks, I don't know what to think. If a 16 year older was wielding a gun, you can expect anything   from religion integrists to local vandals attacking a teacher they hate :down:

Fortunately we don't have to moarn lives, but the world is sick  :no
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:17 pm

Explosion in schoolteacher's car 

Officers remain at the scene of the explosion
An explosive device has detonated inside a teacher's car outside a school in Liverpool.
The blast happened outside Runnymede St Edward's in Sandfield Park, West Derby - an independent Roman Catholic school.

Although witnesses had said the device was a nail bomb, police described it as a small improvised firework.

Supt Ian Pilling described the incident as a "despicable". He said children were leaving at the time and it was lucky no-one was injured.

Roads around the school, which is a few miles outside the city centre and has annual fees of around £5,000, have been cordoned off by police.

The school was evacuated immediately after the device went off and pupils were moved another part of the building.

No-one was injured by the blast.

The interior of the car was extensively damaged and the windows were smashed by the blast, which happened just 10 minutes before most of the pupils were about to begin leaving.

Police confirmed the silver saloon belonged to a teacher and said the timing of the blast could have proved fatal.

Speaking near the cordoned-off entrance to the private school, Supt Ian Pilling said: "Children were in the process of leaving. Nobody was killed or injured but that was down to good luck."

He added: "I think if they had actually been inside the vehicle they would have been seriously injured or quite possibly killed.

"This type of offence is despicable, particularly as it was close to a school at a time when the students were due to leave.

"This is an extremely unusual offence and I would like to reassure the public that it appears to be an isolated incident."

Witness appeal

Although he confirmed the device was in a teacher's car, Mr Pilling said there was nothing to indicate why - or indeed if - the member of Runnymede St Edward's staff was targeted.

Forensic teams remain at the scene carrying out a fingertip search of the scene and the car.

Merseyside Police said a man was seen running away from the scene after the blast and are appealing for witnesses.

Local resident Damon Younis, 38, who lives next to the school, said: "There was a bomb, it was a nail bomb. I don't think anyone was injured."

Detectives are carrying out house-to-house inquiries and said the incident was "highly unusual" for the area.

Uniformed patrols will also be stepped up in the vicinity to reassure local residents.

Runnymede St Edward's is a Catholic independent school for boys and girls between the ages of three and 11, and is Choir School to the Metropolitan Cathedral of Liverpool.

---------

Very fortunate that no one was injured. Terrible stuff. I didn't even know anything had happned until I came out of school. There's some mad people out there.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:07 am

I feel for ya adam, 3 days ago we had a 50kg tnt bomb explode in the suberbs, which killed a politicial and a couple of civilians, its scary stuff I tell you.

Just be careful.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sniddle » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:01 pm

Thank god no one was injured.
Sniddle

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:31 pm

Hmm, pipe bomb explodes at children's school shocker! Sounds too familiar to me.

Though why anyone would want to make a pipe bomb and use it against kids or in a school in Liverpool is beyond me
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum