Bickering needs to stop

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby burjennio » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:18 am

there is too much flaming going on guys, it creeps into every thread and I hate to be the one to say this but there is no point bringing up the last regime because its over, and you cant say for fact it would be doing any better or worse than the present one as there is no way to prove your case. Lets just try and keep the focus on the current regime, give Roy our support and hope he gets the best out of the bum hand hes been dealt. The blame game needs to stop now because Rafa has a new club, Hodgson is our current manager and those two "American gentlemen" sadly still remain at the head of the club, and until they are gone and we get some money and time to invest in the squad and perhaps, heaven forbid finally build the new f*cking stadium we are going to be also rans, and I know that its hard to stomach but there is no way around it. So please, can we keep the personal vendettas off of the forum because they are really a pain in the a*s to syphon through. Im sure everyone on here has said some stupid sh*t in the heat of the moment that they probably regret, I know I have but lets try and focus on matters that are RELEVANT to current events. The same old sticks that we've used to beat each other with have long been worn down, and trying to get proper football discussion going in sea of tit for tat petty insults is becoming an uphill battle.

And now a kitten:

EDIT: Sorry Mods I meant to stick this in general chat and had 2 windows open at once and was typing in the wrong one!
burjennio

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:22 am

it always happens when the chips are down. they'll be love and happyness after we thrash west brom  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:28 am

burjennio wrote:EDIT: Sorry Mods I meant to stick this in general chat and had 2 windows open at once and was typing in the wrong one!

Actually no, its mostly in the football discussion that the bitching comes to a head.

Generally, people, as has been mentioned before, need to moderate them self.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:33 am

burjennio wrote:there is too much flaming going on guys, it creeps into every thread and I hate to be the one to say this but there is no point bringing up the last regime because its over, and you cant say for fact it would be doing any better or worse than the present one as there is no way to prove your case. Lets just try and keep the focus on the current regime, give Roy our support and hope he gets the best out of the bum hand hes been dealt. The blame game needs to stop now because Rafa has a new club, Hodgson is our current manager and those two "American gentlemen" sadly still remain at the head of the club, and until they are gone and we get some money and time to invest in the squad and perhaps, heaven forbid finally build the new f*cking stadium we are going to be also rans, and I know that its hard to stomach but there is no way around it. So please, can we keep the personal vendettas off of the forum because they are really a pain in the a*s to syphon through. Im sure everyone on here has said some stupid sh*t in the heat of the moment that they probably regret, I know I have but lets try and focus on matters that are RELEVANT to current events. The same old sticks that we've used to beat each other with have long been worn down, and trying to get proper football discussion going in sea of tit for tat petty insults is becoming an uphill battle.

And now a kitten:

EDIT: Sorry Mods I meant to stick this in general chat and had 2 windows open at once and was typing in the wrong one!

Nice sentiments dude but afraid you are floggin a dead horse and beating your head against a brick wall. Way too many ongoing arguments and water under the bridge in this place between posters who are incapable of being big enough to let things pass them by and concentrate solely on the football.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:34 am

7_Kewell wrote:it always happens when the chips are down. they'll be love and happyness after we thrash west brom  :D

Is pretty much nail on head!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:34 am

Kharhaz wrote:
burjennio wrote:EDIT: Sorry Mods I meant to stick this in general chat and had 2 windows open at once and was typing in the wrong one!

Actually no, its mostly in the football discussion that the bitching comes to a head.

Generally, people, as has been mentioned before, need to moderate them self.

sorry Kharhaz what I meant was I planned to post my thread in general chat, as its not football related. The problems are 100% in the footy discussion - the Man City match thread was like Afghanistan at times!
burjennio

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 am

Yeah that's what I meant Burjennio. It should stay where it is as this is where the arguments mostly lay.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:43 am

Scottbot wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:it always happens when the chips are down. they'll be love and happyness after we thrash west brom  :D

Is pretty much nail on head!

don't agree with me ya b'stard!  :veryangry

:D  :p
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:43 am

If experience is anything to go by, hate campaigns go on for months and years until inevitably either the player or the manager in question goes, then one of the 2 sides says 'I told you so'.

Personally I dont care, I'm not going to waste any time, energy or emotion on the next fight, after the Rafa farce so if you want to bicker get on with it 'cos I'm just laughing at you.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:44 am

Moved to General Chat but it's a nice shout.  Whether it will do a lick of good remains to be seen.

The problem tonight was twofold:

1) There were a few Roy doubters who've been quiet of late but who were quick to emerge tonight to give it the "I told you so" treatment

2) There were a few Roy backers who were happy to jack up the anti-Rafa retorts as a wind-up in response, complete with the old "support the team or feck off" nonsense

The result, a combustible match thread that, if we're lucky, will just be a one-off.  Hopefully everyone gets it out of their system tonight and spares us this sh!te in future because it doesn't make for pleasant reading and it's poison for actual discussion.  It really is time for people to leave the old flame wars behind and move on.  If that doesn't happen, I'll be happy to give certain posters a few firm nudges in the right direction next time around.  :;):
Last edited by Bad Bob on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:49 am

Bad Bob wrote:Hopefully everyone's gets it out of their system tonight

OK, general chat it is.

That should be "everyone" not "everyones" !

:laugh:  :rasp

You moved it lad ! Reap the petty rewards !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:50 am

Kharhaz wrote:

OK, general chat it is.

Corrected...thanks Eagle Eye. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:28 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

OK, general chat it is.

Corrected...thanks Eagle Eye. :D

I can be as petty as the best !  :D
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:58 am

Bad Bob wrote:1) There were a few Roy doubters who've been quiet of late but who were quick to emerge tonight to give it the "I told you so" treatment

2) There were a few Roy backers who were happy to jack up the anti-Rafa retorts as a wind-up in response, complete with the old "support the team or feck off" nonsense

So basically the main anti and pro posters have swapped shirts and are now using the arguments that they would have been opposed against last season.

Brilliant, only dead and disconnected have seen end of Internet wars  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 am

It doesnt help when theres a few stalkers on the forum waiting for people to post so they can stalk again and post laughing smileys that are not a bit funny.

Constantly sh!t stirring, telling people born and bred in liverpool that they are not Liverpool fans and should feck off and support someone else, this coming from the same people who absoluty slaughtered the fat spanish waiter, now have :censored: in hand chanting Roys reds, steady the ship, arm around the shoulder type manager, uncle roy, english bla bla bla.

My main concern is we are heading for administration October will be here before we know it, twit & tw@t are still here, bleeding the club drier more than ever with this 2.5 million pound a week fine they have been given. We have a midtable club manager in charge not a world class one.
Players being sold left right and centre only to be replaced by over aged freebies, yet Ive been told to feck off and support someone else and that Im happy we got beat by City.

And people wonder why I get angry? :shifty
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum