Stop me oh-ho-ho stop me, if you think.. - That you've heard this one before.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:11 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Is the final blank "Stirling", Mick?

Very close Bob and probably better than ther real answer truth be told. alas no though. Think of that club where our less than illustrious striker hailed from. It took a while but eventually we all realised he was garbage, and the club he now plays for appears in the first paragraph of the puzzle.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:12 pm

bigmick wrote:Hey really good Bob mate. Rushden works but the quiz bloke had it as PRESTON. CHESTERFIELD is wrong, it's actually a team which Liverpool overcame in a cup competition recently. As for the one space you've got, this is by far the most ridiculous one on the whole exercise. Think a club where one of our less illustrious front players of recent years came from. Absolute top effort though mate I've got to say.

Right.  Replace Chesterfield with Luton, then.  Preston fits better than Rushden and I'm still balnking on the last blank.  Good fun this, though, mate!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:12 pm

Did you get rid of Chesterfield yet Bob? OOps you did. This last ones a bunch of sh!te, don't blame me when you get it I didn't write it!!
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:13 pm

Leicester!  (I assume you mean Heskey?) :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:14 pm

AAAthangyou :;):  Lets stirrr the coffee. load of old b0ll0cks but there you go :D Well done mate, better go do some work now.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:14 pm

So, in full it's...

The sun shone BRIGHTON the day my sister, mother and I set sail for the ORIENT in a very old ship. Its HULL was already ridden with holes. The four CREWE members who had been with the company for years were Don, Mont, Kirk and Bart. Bart couldn't speak, and also hid his baldness by wearing a WIGAN on his BARNET. Not having being paid FORFAR too long they were unhappy and disillusioned and had obtained arms from the ship ARSENAL and mutinied.

Although they treated my MOTHERWELL they did not like my sister at all so DONCASTER adrift on a raft. I was terrified and hid behind my cabin door with the BOLTON. They then proceeded to raid the ships larder, but found nothing other than a rotting OLDHAM. They were so hungry they ate the
FULHAM before quenching their thirsts from the drinks cabinet. Finding it didn't STOCKPORT they took a small drink of whisky.

"Right" said Kirk, "I'll climb the rigging and look for land", "Careful you don't FALKIRK" said his mate. Meanwhile the others had found a CHESTER treasure, it was pretty easy to open as the chain had only one LINCOLN. At this moment, the ship hit a rock and began to sink. MONTROSE quickly to his feet and shouted "get DUNBARTON deck I need them both to give me a hand". Together they lifted the LUTON to a raft. "Don't let your muskets get wet" said Kirk as the sea water WREXHAM.

They drifted on for days and days until at last they spotted an Island.The tide carried them right into the PORTSMOUTH where they came to a halt. The place was deserted which was very surprising as a brand NEWCASTLE had just been built, it was very tall and grand.There had been a huge fire at some point because some of the walls of the buildings had BLACKBURN on them and the stench of smoke still filled the AYR, it absolutely broke our HEARTS to see the disarray. "I wonder where this road LEEDS" said Kirk, and although we were very tired we PRESTON to the SOUTHEND of the island in search for survivors.

Before we could BURY the dead we decided to build a fire, it took a lot to STOKE it but it was badly needed to ward off the WOLVES which had been roaming the island. Then we slipped and we found ourselves tumbling into a deep hole with a thick BLACKPOOL of water at the bottom. At this moment I woke up and it had all been a dream (surprise surprise). "LEICESTER my cocoa before I get into bed and then drink it up" I though to myself. From now on, you won't find me READING Treasure island before I go to sleep.

What do I win?  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:16 pm

A packet of cheese and onion and a drinking straw as a mark of the esteem we hold you in around here for completing the task Bob    :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:16 pm

THE LAST ONE IS KILLING ME
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:19 pm

bigmick wrote:A packet of cheese and onion and a drinking straw as a mark of the esteem we hold you in around here for completing the task Bob    :D

Bendy straw or regular, mate?--I don't do these party tricks for nothing, you know!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Red Baron » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:21 pm

THANK GOD i can go and do something else now.Good stuff tho Mick.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:15 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I've just cut and pasted Kazza's so I don't duplicate her good work (adding Mick's hints in as well)...

The sun shone BRIGHTON the day my sister, mother and I set sail for the ORIENT in a very old ship. Its HULL was already ridden with holes. The four CREWE members who had been with the company for years were Don, Mont, Kirk and Bart. Bart couldn't speak, and also hid his baldness by wearing a WIGAN on his BARNET. Not having being paid FORFAR too long they were unhappy and disillusioned and had obtained arms from the ship ARSENAL and mutinied.

Although they treated my MOTHERWELL they did not like my sister at all so DONCASTER adrift on a raft. I was terrified and hid behind my cabin door with the BOLTON. They then proceeded to raid the ships larder, but found nothing other than a rotting OLDHAM. They were so hungry they ate the
FULHAM before quenching their thirsts from the drinks cabinet. Finding it didn't-------they took a small drink of whisky.

"Right" said Kirk, "I'll climb the rigging and look for land", "Careful you don't FALKIRK" said his mate. Meanwhile the others had found a CHESTER treasure, it was pretty easy to open as the chain had only one LINCOLN. At this moment, the ship hit a rock and began to sink. MONTROSE quickly to his feet and shouted "get DONBARTON(???) deck I need them both to give me a hand". Together they lifted the ---------- to a raft. "Don't let your muskets get wet" said Kirk as the sea water ----------.

They drifted on for days and days until at last they spotted an Island.The tide carried them right into the PORTSMOUTH where they came to a halt. The place was deserted which was very surprising as a brand NEWCASTLE had just been built, it was very tall and grand.There had been a huge fire at some point because some of the walls of the buildings had BLACKBURN on them and the stench of smoke still filled the AYR, it absolutely broke our HEARTS to see the disarray. "I wonder where this road LEEDS" said Kirk, and although we were very tired we --------- to the ------------- of the island in search for survivors.

Before we could BURY the dead we decided to build a fire, it took a lot to STOKE it but it was badly needed to ward off the WOLVES which had been roaming the island. Then we slipped and we found ourselves tumbling into a deep hole with a thick POOL of water at the bottom. At this moment I woke up and it had all been a dream (surprise surprise). "------------- my cocoa before I get into bed and then drink it up" I though to myself. From now on, you won't find me READING Treasure island before I go to sleep.

Thanks for the good work part :laugh:  :blush:
I'm glad it's finished now. It was going around my head all day yesterday and headed up giving me a head ache :laugh:
But well done Mick, it was a good one!!!!!
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum