Best ever concert / gig - You have been too.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:23 pm

I,ve been very lucky in my life to have seen about 150 concerts over the years including the original live aid when i was close to the stage.What has been your best concert you have seen...

Although i,ve seen Queen 9 times.......my favourite concert was Queen at Knebworth in 1986 ..according to the official figures there was about 150,000 people there,but if you talked to people on the gate/police etc they reckon there was nearer 225,000  there that day.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:02 pm

Like you phil im a massive fan of a good gig, always got told if you get to one you get the bug and ive got it big time,

My favorite gig was the chili peppers last year at the city of manchester stadium, they are awesome simple as and me and me mate managed to blag are selfs on to the pitch (James brown was support as well and its a bit special being able to see him live).

But my best gig was Ian Brown last year, my god it was special, it was down in surrey and it was an outdoor gig in Claremont landscape gardens, swear its a national trust place and it was to about 6000 people, imagine it u come on to the top of a hill the stage is at the bottom with a lake behind it and it was a summers day, it was unbelieveable and even more special because it was the 1st time he had done stone roses songs as a solo artist and i was there to see it and will never forget it.

But nothing has a patch on u seeing queen Phil, that must have ben something else, just watching them at Live Aid on telly the other night and how Freddie Mercury got the audience eating out of the palm of his hand, he fuc*ing owned that gig, no one should have stole the show at a gig like that but by god he managed it.

Of modern bands ive seen i defo recommend Kasabian for a top notch full on gig, i liked them before i saw them live but they just blow you away.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:12 pm

I love concerts Gary, performed in a few too my list of people i have seen is very diverse i can tell you.......some i,ve been to because an ex girlfriend liked them......to name a few because it would be a very long answer.......Queen,Brian May solo,Roger Taylor solo,U2,Simple minds,Bon Jovi,Whitesnake,Def Leppard,Aerosmith.......etc  to Artists like Showaddywaddy,Wham and Ronan Keating.....:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:23 pm

haha wham, ronan keating, queen and aerosmith, diverse to say the least mate, love aerosmith especially there older stuff like dude looks like a lady, love in an elevator and jennys got a gun all that 80s stuff that i love! I seen KT Tunstall this year and she is surprisingly good although i was drunk at the time and in a very good mood so i would have probably been quite happy listening to the cheeky girls!

And the nearest i get to seeing Bon Jovi is killing Livin on a prayer on the Karaoke!!

Cant beat a good gig though.......but i dont agree with you blaming your bad gig experiances on an ex girlfriend, i reckon you should hold your hands up on a few, it was the 80s mate admit it, WHAM was your idea!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:24 pm

Wham i can tell you........i had to be dragged there :laugh:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:26 pm

Love gigs too me!!
Beig a sort of amateur guitar player i appreciate how hard it is to do live so im a big fan of live music!! Can i just add that all this manufactured pop and talentless rappers in the charts make me sick!
Ive been to quite a few here in Belfast,some i can remember offhand! Stereophonics,Travis,Ocean colour scene and David Gray(dont ask my Ex liked him!!

Also been to Slane a few times,seeing the Verve stands out and also the Manics were cool too!!
Robbie Williams who i aint a fan of was superb and can get a crowd going like no other,his band behind him were awsome and hugely talented!!

But the best gig i seen by a mile was U2 there in the summer at Croke Park in Dublin!! The whole setup and lighting was amazing and they really are fantastic live! Anyone that knows anything about real music will leave a U2 gig salivating and satisfied!! A great day and one i'll never forget!!
66-1120597113

Postby Garymac » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:27 pm

drummerphil wrote:Wham i can tell you........i had to be dragged there :laugh:

:laugh:  :D  :laugh: did you sing to your ex girlfriend "because baaaaaaaby, im your man"!!i bet ye did Phil  :D

god the haircuts you must have seen at a wham concert!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:29 pm

Totally agree Barry behind Queen in my opinion  U2 and possibly Aerosmith are the two best live bands out there.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:31 pm

Barry, i am a Robbie fan (and ill out me self as one right now!) And im gonna be phoning at 9 in the mornin next week for tickets to see him in wembley next year, his gigs are awesome and no matter how much you knock the man (arrogant tw*t, fu*king muppet, fat dancer!) he can own a crowd like no one else around can now, although Coldplay ive heard are quality live, but yeah i defo wanna get me self to robbie williams concert
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:31 pm

Garymac wrote:
drummerphil wrote:Wham i can tell you........i had to be dragged there :laugh:

:laugh:  :D  :laugh: did you sing to your ex girlfriend "because baaaaaaaby, im your man"!!i bet ye did Phil  :D

god the haircuts you must have seen at a wham concert!

No but i certainly took her to the "edge of heaven" a few times  :laugh:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:33 pm

drummerphil wrote:Totally agree Barry behind Queen in my opinion  U2 and possibly Aerosmith are the two best live bands out there.

Not forgetting the Foo Fighters Phil!!
Aint been lucky enough to see them live but i have a DVD of a gig!! Fuc.king class i reckon :buttrock  :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby Garymac » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:34 pm

haha quality come back Phil, take a bow  :bowdown

hope i havent lost any street cred on the forum saying  Robbie williamsis decent though!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:36 pm

Garymac wrote:Barry, i am a Robbie fan (and ill out me self as one right now!) And im gonna be phoning at 9 in the mornin next week for tickets to see him in wembley next year, his gigs are awesome and no matter how much you knock the man (arrogant tw*t, fu*king muppet, fat dancer!) he can own a crowd like no one else around can now, although Coldplay ive heard are quality live, but yeah i defo wanna get me self to robbie williams concert

If you've never seen him live mate you'll love it!! He finished with angels or so we thought!! Then burst into wonderwall and then The Clash,should i stay or go!! Everyone there was going apesh.it mate !! He was great,a great day we had!! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby 84-1106852058 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:36 pm

drummerphil wrote:Wham i can tell you........i had to be dragged out of there :laugh:

Iam getting a bit worried about you Phil,what with this and the cumming thread.......afternoon luv. :D
84-1106852058

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:40 pm

Saw Queen twice this year with Paul Rodgers fronting (FREE Allright now etc)........absolutely superb...although not the same with Freddie Mercury....still superb.

I,m watching the DVD now, Return of the Champions released last week showing the Sheffield concert in May...(spotted myself at the front)....great buy this its no1 in the music dvd charts.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum