Best ever concert / gig - You have been too.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:04 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Seriously though, they were fricking brilliant. I've seen good singers, but these chaps are fantastic. The best vocal group of the late '90's, 2000's.

But the best show I've ever seen is definately Les Miserables in the West End.
I'd recommend that to anyone. Truely brilliant.

:laugh:  :laugh: Are you serious Lando fella?? The backstreet boys??
Next you'll be admitting to wearing Grolsch bottletops on your shoes back when Bros were big!! :sniffle Please no!!
66-1120597113

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:05 pm

I was expecting a bigger p!sstake over Showaddywaddy than Wham.........maybe their are closet Showaddywaddy fans on here:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:15 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Seriously though, they were fricking brilliant. I've seen good singers, but these chaps are fantastic. The best vocal group of the late '90's, 2000's.

Next you'll be admitting to wearing Grolsch bottletops on your shoes back when Bros were big!! :sniffle Please no!!

But if you ignore the dancing aimed at the 12 year old girls, their vocals (particularly their harmonies) are spot on.
I know it's easy to take the p*ss out of them, but there is real talent there. They sing everything live, and can all play instruments. Piano, guitar, drums, etc. They really are the most underrated group in modern times.

The keyword is "talent" - something most chart toppers haven't got.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:33 pm

Actually you have a point about the backstreet boys harmonies and  talent,i know its easy to knock boy bands but they p!ss all over the likes of Take That,Westlife,Boyzone etc.....i,ve seen one or two theatre shows too and a scaled down version of Riverdance by a local Amateur Dramatics group.........puddleJig i think it was called...:laugh: ...(joke)
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:41 pm

drummerphil wrote:Actually you have a point about the backstreet boys harmonies and  talent,i know its easy to knock boy bands but they p!ss all over the likes of Take That,Westlife,Boyzone etc.....i,ve seen one or two theatre shows too and a scaled down version of Riverdance by a local Amateur Dramatics group.........puddleJig i think it was called...:laugh: ...(joke)

That had more of a place in the bad jokes thread Phil!

Dont like talking about Backstreet Boys to much though, once in media studies there was a dance class in the same building as us and some lad in a yellow leotard was doing a dance routine to "Larger than Life" it was horrific!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:44 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:

But if you ignore the dancing aimed at the 12 year old girls, their vocals (particularly their harmonies) are spot on.
I know it's easy to take the p*ss out of them, but there is real talent there. They sing everything live, and can all play instruments. Piano, guitar, drums, etc. They really are the most underrated group in modern times.

The keyword is "talent" - something most chart toppers haven't got.

I can have them alright being honest although not really my cup of tea!They can sing and do have talent i'd agree Lando!

This Rap fad and all these wanna be gangsters i just cant appreciate and understand atal....all the kids and some older people say they love it! Its bulls.hit and people just like it cause its cool at the minute!!
I was up seeing mates wife in hospital the other day and there was this girl across the ward !! Her and her fella with a chav tracksuit and lots of cheap bling had a baby and named it Jay Z they have another baby thats 2 now and its called Dre!!
Sick or what!! :no  :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:49 pm

dj shitmat, bar fresa, liverpool, sometime earlier this year. sheer, unadulterated crazy mayhem genius. blurt and the fall are good too.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:49 pm

cant stand it Barry.....you look at bands like Queen,U2,Stones,Beatles etc.......and the :censored: dross nowadays is unreal......people like that 50p (50 cents) bloke,Jay z,Snoop w@nky dog wtf is all that about......John Lennon and Freedie Mercury must be spinning in their graves......looking down and seeing that sh!t at the top of the Charts........Fecking hate Rap
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:03 pm

dont you think there has been a bit of turn this year and last with some decent bands coming out of the uk, bloc party, kasabian, kaiser chiefs, the Futureheads (really good band by the way) and now the Arctic Monkeys who im pinnin high hopes on! Admittedly there is plenty of sh!te in the charts but its not all bad these days......or is it im to young to know how good it was!

Andy do you see many groups and that in town only ive got a few mates in bands that you might have seen?
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:03 pm

I tell you what else p!sses me right off as well,when fecking dj's are made out to be fecking superstars from playing other peoples records.......never quite got that they make more money and are better known than the actual artists that write and record the tracks............fecking wrong that is.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:07 pm

Garymac wrote:Andy do you see many groups and that in town only ive got a few mates in bands that you might have seen?

don't see that many these days gary, cos i left town 2 years ago. but whenever i nip back i try and catch a gig if there's one on. best young liverpool band i've seen for ages is stig.

i used to be in a band myself years ago called F. we played loads of times in the picket, the dudley, trader jacks and places like that. even macmillans once. i used to know loads of guys in bands like zeb, cyclic amp and radio mongolia - but that was the olden days!  :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:25 pm

andy_g wrote:
Garymac wrote:Andy do you see many groups and that in town only ive got a few mates in bands that you might have seen?

don't see that many these days gary, cos i left town 2 years ago. but whenever i nip back i try and catch a gig if there's one on. best young liverpool band i've seen for ages is stig.

i used to be in a band myself years ago called F. we played loads of times in the picket, the dudley, trader jacks and places like that. even macmillans once. i used to know loads of guys in bands like zeb, cyclic amp and radio mongolia - but that was the olden days!  :D

Youve played the picket mate, legendary venue, me uncle used to manage it, Philip Hayes, quality bloke and die hard red like are good selfs, i did me work experiance there as well!!!

Just mentioned it cos me mate has a night down bar fresa at theend of every month, the Smokey mountain sessions which is a good night out.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:42 pm

:D WHAM -I seen them fcuking brilliant and duran duran great as well..and they sang live and every song was penned by them . Ive seen loads of musicals and Les Miserables was the best with songs like one day more, i dreamed a dream and a little fall of rain. Les Miserables has won over 50 major theatre awards, a Grammy for the Broadway cast album and a Triple Platinum Disc for the London cast album which has now sold over 1,030,000 copies in the U.K. 
If ya ever get the chance to hear lea solange sing do -she really has the voice of an angel
:;):
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:44 pm

Mikz wrote: :D WHAM -I seen them fcuking brilliant and duran duran great as well..and they sang live and every song was penned by them . Ive seen loads of musicals and Les Miserables was the best with songs like one day more, i dreamed a dream and a little fall of rain. Les Miserables has won over 50 major theatre awards, a Grammy for the Broadway cast album and a Triple Platinum Disc for the London cast album which has now sold over 1,030,000 copies in the U.K. 
If ya ever get the chance to hear lea solange sing do -she really has the voice of an angel
:;):

Never new you were so cultured Mikz fella!!  :D
66-1120597113

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:46 pm

saw Duran Duran last summer (04) in Birmingham,Scissor Sisters were the support act
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum