Concert square, liverpool - Any good?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:20 am

Me and 2 pals are foing to Anfield tomorrow to do the tour etc etc and spend loadsa cash in the club shop. When we've finished we're gonna have 2-3 hours drinking time left before our train home arrives (carefully planned that one  :eyebrow )
someone told me Concert Square was the best place to go for bars etc, I dont know Liverpool that well, any suggestions?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:43 am

Concert square isn't too bad.. its got the a few good bars where you can sit and chill... plus the dreaded Walkabout (why anyone wants to queue up for an hour to pay to get into there, i dont know!), lloyds bar is there also, which is quite good plus further on down Wood St.. there's the small but cosy Bar Cava, which is a tequilla bar (Hmmmmm...) which is where i normally frequent!!
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:02 am

If you go to Concert Square, you are not far at all from Slater Street. 

You're definitely in the right ball park with Concert Square, but the prices are obscene.  Get yourself round the corner to Slater Street, particularly Slaters bar, also the Jacaranda and the Bar Bar.  They are all really cheap bars, with some fine liquor available.  I had a monster session in the Jacaranda a couple of weeks back.  Good atmospheres in them all.

I'm getting smashed tonight around Liverpool.  Don't know where yet, but I'm out straight from work.  That tequila place is a good bar aswell.  Bar Cava.
jonnymac1979

Postby 84-1106852058 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:57 pm

LEE,stay away from Concert square,its full of scantily clad young women who drink to much, and demand sex from innocent young men like yourself. :D
84-1106852058

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:11 pm

Actually, one Saturday night a couple of years back, me and the lads were looking after a lad from New York and he took a camcorder round Concert Square.  He was just going up to women asking them to get them out.

They ALL got them out.  Not one lady declined our requests.  Still never seen the video to this day though.  A memorable night though nevertheless.
jonnymac1979

Postby 84-1106852058 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:35 pm

Johhny,it wouldnt be a bad idea for us local lads,oops mustnt forget Ciggy to have a day/night out in town,the Albert Dock get together looked a good one.
84-1106852058

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:09 pm

The Red Baron wrote:Johhny,it wouldnt be a bad idea for us local lads,oops mustnt forget Ciggy to have a day/night out in town,the Albert Dock get together looked a good one.

Do it in January, I should be over around then for the Spurs game.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:13 pm

Yeah the Albert Dock was a great day.  Sun was shining, the beer was flowing, the songs were.........being sang!!  ???

Leon was on top form that day!!!!  Smashed by the time I got there.

There's a meeting at the Sandon soon which will replay the final and all the RAWK members, RAOTL and YNWA.tv members are organising it.  I'm not going like but it will be a good night. :)
jonnymac1979

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:26 am

Well, I went to Anfield on Saturday, did the tour and the museum and I've gotta say - it's fantastic! We must have one of the biggest trophey collections in the universe. Top stuff.

Then we went to Concert Square and sank some ale. I'll give you this, you've got some cracking bars in Liverpool.

cheers for your hospitality.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:52 am

Good to hear that you had an ace night out! 
Not bad the nightlife in Liverpool eh?
Which bars did you go to?? (if you can remember!)
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:25 am

Glad you liked it Lee.  I have just had one of the most bizarre weekends I've had in years to be honest mate.  Liverpool has that effect on you.  I thought it was still Sunday when I woke up this morning. :(   

And tonight I'm going on a tour of a brewery.  It's just never going to fu*king end!!!! :(
jonnymac1979

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:22 am

Piewhack wrote:Good to hear that you had an ace night out! 
Not bad the nightlife in Liverpool eh?
Which bars did you go to?? (if you can remember!)

We we're there through the day mate not at night. Went in Walkabout, Lime??? (next door to Walkabout), Suede?? then we walked back towards Lime Street Station and stopped in a pub called ............. ah fk it, I cant remember. I'd been having San Miguel & some Kronenberg Blanc (£3.50 a pint - ouch) so I cant remember.

Jonnymac - it was a top day pal, I've been to Anfield many times but we always have the car with us so it's a case of get there, see the game, get out as quick as poss. But saturday we went on the train, fantastic place, great people, nice barmaid in the first bar we went in (something Suede I think).
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum