Best ever concert / gig - You have been too.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:32 pm

happy mondays at the hacienda in 1989, followed by george clinton & funkadelic in paris in 1993, followed by duran duran at the empire in 1988 :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:50 pm

Barry i'm sure mot of the music you listen too has been in the charts at one time or another and most of it is sh..it Robbie flippin williams are you serious? if that ain't the forfront of a poppie boyband cast of what is? you tell garymac don't underestimate what he doesn't understand i.e Radio head but you do it all the time.

I like all kinds of music but some of your choices are nothing more than screaming down a microphone :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:27 am

I've never been to a live gig before. But I'm going to see "Kevin Bloody Wilson" in Belfast on the 29th November! Ever heard of him??
http://www.kevinbloodywilson.com/

He's like Chubby Brown, only funnier!!!! :bowdown
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:31 am

I have Kazza, Chubbs robbed "santa wheres me me f*ckin bike" off him, Aussie isnt he??
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:32 am

i have his christmas album

ho ho fecking ho
what a crock of sh!t
we all work for Santa Claus
we've had enough we quit......very funny it is too :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:37 am

Yeah, he is! He's really funny!! Check out his web site! I don't think any of his songs are on it though! Hes done hundreds of songs, including a few covers, but he changes the words. He done a cover of "living next door to Alice"...... Have you ever heard it??? I wet myself laughing the first time i heard it :D
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:06 am

i went to reading festival so i've seen quite a few good gigs.
my favourite this year was either bloc party or kasabian.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:09 am

saw kasabian at the manchester appollo back in march/april - TOP notch :buttrock  :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:13 am

Well played boys, glad my Kasabian shout earlier hasnt gone to waste, they are simply awesome live, there one of those bands whos songs sound a 1000 times better live.  :buttrock

Kasabian in a small venue is so good, a band i missed this year cos i wouldnt pay 60 quid out side the uni was Kings of Leon, did u see them at Reading this year, they did quite a few festivals over hear
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:45 am

Mikz wrote:Ive seen loads of musicals and Les Miserables was the best with songs like one day more, i dreamed a dream and a little fall of rain. Les Miserables has won over 50 major theatre awards, a Grammy for the Broadway cast album and a Triple Platinum Disc for the London cast album which has now sold over 1,030,000 copies in the U.K. 
If ya ever get the chance to hear lea solange sing do -she really has the voice of an angel
:;):

I went to see it in October. Fecking awesome. Cameron McIntosh has enlisted an entirely new cast because it's the 20th anniversary this year. He hopes to make stars of this lot, just as the origional production unearthed Colm Wilkinson, Michael Ball, Philip Quast, etc.

John Owen-Jones plays Jean Valjean, and if he doesn't become a household name like Michael Ball, it'll be a travesty. He really was brilliant. He's only in his early 30's aswell, so he's the youngest actor to play Valjean, and he must be one of, if not the best.

I wasn't too impressed with Kerry Ellis (Fantine), but she had a tough act to follow.
I agree with you about Lea Salonga, but the current Eponine (Shonagh Daly) is bloody fantastic. Not quite as good as Lea now, but given time she could well be even better.

The ones to watch in the current cast are:
John Owen-Jones,
Shonagh Daly,
Hayden Tee (Marius), and
Shaun Escoffery (Enjolras.) (He was outstanding).

All in all I would emplore anyone with the slightest interest in Musical Theatre to go and watch Les Miserables. It's the best thing I've ever seen, and truely is a masterpiece.  :)
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:53 am

Mikz wrote:Les Miserables was the best with songs like one day more, i dreamed a dream and a little fall of rain.

For me, the best song without any doubt is Bring Him Home.
Empty Chairs, Who Am I, A Heart Full of Love are top drawer, but aside from Bring Him Home, the best song(s) in Les Mis are in the Finale.
I'm telling you now, I sobbed like a little girl with a skinned knee.  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:52 pm

John Owen-Jones  :buttrock  he was the phantom too -what a voice ,can you believe hes never had a singing lesson in his life. Hes on theatre radio today at 5pm getting interviewed.(and next week its Hayden Tee.)
I know people laugh when they read this type of thing but honestly -you must see this to believe it. Its there everyone has it -it just needs to be unlocked.I sobbed too mate as if it moved the soul within me :D Thats the power of it.
Bring him home lando..he is only a boy! :;):
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:46 pm

U2 at the Dandelion market Dublin 1979.Bruce Springsteen at Slane Castle 1985.Echo and the Bunnymen at the Empire Liverpool 1981/82.Thin Lizzy at the Reading festival 1983.Siouxse and the Banshees Apollo Manchester 1985.Christ,this list is exposing my age more than id like to admit :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:15 pm

mistyred wrote:Barry i'm sure mot of the music you listen too has been in the charts at one time or another and most of it is sh..it Robbie flippin williams are you serious? if that ain't the forfront of a poppie boyband cast of what is? you tell garymac don't underestimate what he doesn't understand i.e Radio head but you do it all the time.

I like all kinds of music but some of your choices are nothing more than screaming down a microphone :D

Thats your opinion mate and you are entitled to it!!
i said Robbie puts on a good show not that im a fan as i am not!
Also my choice in music is my perogative !
We cant help or change what floats our boat!!
And why not add your fav bands gigs while your here or are you only here to have a go?
66-1120597113

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:16 pm

greenred wrote:U2 at the Dandelion market Dublin 1979.

You lucky bastard!  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum