World cup - What players have impressed?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:16 am

Schweinsteiger is the most impressive German player for me, over the past 2 seasons. He played on both left and right wings yesterday. Would cost far too much now.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby From Out Of Europe » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:31 am

will I know A player Best Than Philip Lham

but I Cann't  Make A new Topic
I Have to t
From Out Of Europe

Postby From Out Of Europe » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:31 am

will I know A player Best Than Philip Lham

I Have to post about 25 post :( :(
From Out Of Europe

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:38 am

Without a doubt schweinsteiger.....

I never thought I was able to pronounce that name, but after some practice I do it quite well :D  . Yes I agree he was impressive, him, and Frings doing a good job for the team, were the ones I liked more from Germany. The German defence was dissapointing though, they are big, and tall, and slow. Too slow to play with the defence line that high
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:45 am

From Out Of Europe wrote:will I know A player Best Than Philip Lham

I Have to post about 25 post :( :(

Don't make a new :censored: topic to post about a player better than Phillip Lahm. Post it here.

READ THE FORUM RULES!

Lahm impressed me yesterday, I've previously seen him in the champions league and he's no doubt a good player but to be honest i knew he'd get a thread like this because of the goal he scored.

Schweinsteiger looks a decent player, very similar to Joe Cole only not as selfish. I don't think he's on Cole's level though.

I didn't realise the quality of the German team untill yesterday, i have a couple of quid on them but with the likes of Metzelder, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Podolski and Klose they are going to cause teams problems.

Augustine Delgardo looked decent for Ecuador in the second match. He never looked a bad player for Southampton, just that he couldn't settle in this country.
Good Bob

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:47 am

Sabre wrote:
Without a doubt schweinsteiger.....

I never thought I was able to pronounce that name, but after some practice I do it quite well :D  . Yes I agree he was impressive, him, and Frings doing a good job for the team, were the ones I liked more from Germany. The German defence was dissapointing though, they are big, and tall, and slow. Too slow to play with the defence line that high

Frings was very average in my opinion. He performed ok but his vision was almost none existant, there were loads of times he could have played better passes than he did. Hamann would have been a better choice. The lad who played at the back next to Metzelder and the lad in midfield who replaced Ballack were awfull players though.
Good Bob

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:48 am

Schweinsteiger was the best player in game 1.  You can tell by the way he controls the ball and always seems to have time on the ball that he is quality.  Despite playing wide left, he looks far more suited to playing centrally to me.  I would imagine he would slip into Ballack's position at Bayern next season and develop into a top, top player.  I remember first seeing him 2 years ago at the European U-21 tournament and he was excellent.  So good that he got called straight into the senior squad for the Euro Championships straight after.

In game 2 the right sided Ecuador midfielder Valencia impressed me.  Good touch and he's one of these players that doesn't look like he's running fast but is actually pretty rapid and goes past men for fun.  He's worth keeping an eye on.
Last edited by JC_81 on Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:03 pm

gerrard and crouch: game 3  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:23 pm

Gerrard was excellent defencively, he tackled well and blocked many shots, but i really hope Sven can give him more freedom to go forward.

Crouch had some nice moments, but when owen went out he was useless, he needs someone beside him.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:48 pm

red37 wrote:gerrard and crouch: game 3  :D

crouch ???  :no

The best players for england were gerrard & joe cole.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:56 pm

Lets buy Paulo Wanchope  :eyebrow
Graeme Noble

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:59 pm

terry and gerrard were the best
Owen Hargreaves what a player ( is he a player or Svens lover?) :D
account deleted by request

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:02 pm

too bad gerrard got held back to let england release the Frank Force not the G-Force :(
onizukaeikichi

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:13 pm

I thought Owen Hargreaves made some excellent attacking contributions in the short time he was on. His short passing game was tremendous, and he caused havoc in the defence..

Unfortunately, all of his attacking contributions were to the benefit of Paraguay, all of his short passes were to opposing players, and it was his own defence that he was causing havoc in. Utterly, utterly inept. A better side than Paraguay could've stolen a 2-1 win based on our performance in the last 20 mins.

I have to say I thought Crouch had a great game today. He was utterly toothless without a partner as the second half wore on, but he looked majestic in the air for the most part (best aerial display I've seen from him), he grafted selflessly throughout, and some of his link work was excellent. Second only to Joe Cole for MOM as far as I'm concerned. Our players need to get it into their heads that we need the ball on the deck to him if he's going to be effective as a lone striker though. Punting it up to him to knock down with no-one available is one of the main reasons we were forced to play so deep in the second half.
ivor_the_injun

Postby deejay-cgt » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:03 pm

I thought Owen Hargreaves made some excellent attacking contributions in the short time he was on. His short passing game was tremendous, and he caused havoc in the defence..

Unfortunately, all of his attacking contributions were to the benefit of Paraguay, all of his short passes were to opposing players, and it was his own defence that he was causing havoc in. Utterly, utterly inept. A better side than Paraguay could've stolen a 2-1 win based on our performance in the last 20 mins

couldnt agree more should brought on walcott for cole instead of him
CgT

deejay-cgt

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion