World cup (rooney) - Rooney out 4 6weeks

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 29, 2006 12:57 pm

England have a nice group but I don't see them getting far in the world cup. Rooney shouldn't go as not fit, Owen hasn't started a competitive game all year (remember it always took 5-6 games to get back), Crouch doesn't score much, Sven picking forwards he's never seen, Joe Cole is not a natural left winger, Lampard&Gerrard poor combination (good indidvidually but look at Euro 04 - couldn't keep ball), Beckham has nothing but crosses and corners, Ashley Cole isn't match fit, Campbell has "issues" Ferdinand has poor concentration, Robinson is good but not in the same class as Banks,Shilton, Clemence, Seamon.

Still - I'm looking forward to it as always exciting. All the best.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Big Niall wrote:England have a nice group but I don't see them getting far in the world cup. Rooney shouldn't go as not fit, Owen hasn't started a competitive game all year (remember it always took 5-6 games to get back), Crouch doesn't score much, Sven picking forwards he's never seen, Joe Cole is not a natural left winger, Lampard&Gerrard poor combination (good indidvidually but look at Euro 04 - couldn't keep ball), Beckham has nothing but crosses and corners, Ashley Cole isn't match fit, Campbell has "issues" Ferdinand has poor concentration, Robinson is good but not in the same class as Banks,Shilton, Clemence, Seamon.

you can do that with any side.
look at brazil, ronaldo is a pale shadow of himself and the madrid crowd want him out, adriano at inter has had a terrible season goals wise and says the argie`s in the inter team are picking on him thats why.
ronaldinho didnt show up for the champions league final and has often gone missing in close games.
robinho at madrid has dissapointed as has battista.
roberto carlos and cafu are basically pensioners and every time carlos plays against someone with talent he ends up getting sent off, someone like aaron lennon would decimate his game.
the brazil defence dont play for any major teams and infact one of their centre halfs went down with leeds.
the midfield is pedestrian and tend to be holding midfielders in the mould of dunga like emerson, no socrates or zico`s in this squad.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 30, 2006 1:11 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
Big Niall wrote:England have a nice group but I don't see them getting far in the world cup. Rooney shouldn't go as not fit, Owen hasn't started a competitive game all year (remember it always took 5-6 games to get back), Crouch doesn't score much, Sven picking forwards he's never seen, Joe Cole is not a natural left winger, Lampard&Gerrard poor combination (good indidvidually but look at Euro 04 - couldn't keep ball), Beckham has nothing but crosses and corners, Ashley Cole isn't match fit, Campbell has "issues" Ferdinand has poor concentration, Robinson is good but not in the same class as Banks,Shilton, Clemence, Seamon.

you can do that with any side.
look at brazil, ronaldo is a pale shadow of himself and the madrid crowd want him out, adriano at inter has had a terrible season goals wise and says the argie`s in the inter team are picking on him thats why.
ronaldinho didnt show up for the champions league final and has often gone missing in close games.
robinho at madrid has dissapointed as has battista.
roberto carlos and cafu are basically pensioners and every time carlos plays against someone with talent he ends up getting sent off, someone like aaron lennon would decimate his game.
the brazil defence dont play for any major teams and infact one of their centre halfs went down with leeds.
the midfield is pedestrian and tend to be holding midfielders in the mould of dunga like emerson, no socrates or zico`s in this squad.

You're right. All the teams are rubbish. Cancel the competition. :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion