Violence in turkey - The swiss progress to germany w/cup

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:54 am

i see the swiss went through last night on away goals.

but the violence (yet again) of the turks, leaves me wondering why they have never been banned?? :angry:

what are your thoughts
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:03 am

I found it all quite amusing TBH, but that Swiss player did start it by kicking the assistant manager.

Full story.
Swiss fury after Turkey violence 

The Swiss Football Association is to make a complaint to Fifa after its team's World Cup qualifier against Turkey on Wednesday ended in violence.
Switzerland lost a dramatic second leg 4-2 in Istanbul but advanced to 2006's finals thanks to the away goals rule.

The players clashed in the tunnel and reports said Swiss defender Stephane Grichting was taken to hospital.

Swiss boss Kobi Kuhn was also hit by coins and press officer Pierre Benoit said the incidents would be reported.

Tuncay Sanli scored a hat-trick for the Turks, who finished third in the 2002 World Cup, but Marco Streller's 84th-minute goal put the Swiss through.

Turkey striker Halil Altintop

However, the match ended with tempers fraying and television footage showed Benjamin Huggel kick a member of the Turkish coaching staff as he ran off the pitch.

Then, former Aston Villa defender Alpay aimed a kick at Streller as the goalscorer went down the tunnel towards the dressing rooms and the trouble erupted.

According to reports, Grichting was taken to Istanbul's Acidem Hospital after being kicked in the groin.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:04 am

Judge I think you've forgotten (dont know how) that we've got general chat for this kind of thread  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:07 am

cheers stoney, im sure it will be moderated in due course. But thanks for your input :p

but i reckon it will be moved to football worldwide, and not gen chat
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:50 am

Good luck to the Swiss and considering some of Turks fan behaviour in CL games, its probably a good thing. Though i do have soft spot for people of Istanbul  :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:06 am

laza wrote:Good luck to the Swiss and considering some of Turks fan behaviour in CL games, its probably a good thing. Though i do have soft spot for people of Istanbul  :)

leeds folk dont laza, they (istanbul folk) stabbed two leeds lads in that hellhole  :(

do you remember.

they are so fanatical and hate losing, they will kill  :( , bad news, and they are bad news for europe, including the EU
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:54 am

Errr Judge, as i said considering Turks behaviour in CL games its probably is a good thing they arent in the WC.
Though after seeing that Swiss player on TV kicking out, he should probably join them on the sidelines, Cantona tactics are so 90s :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:12 pm

I am more worried how the England fans are going to embarress us again, out in Germany, our own fans are no angels, ok the 2 leeds fans got stabbed but their fans where no angels either. The english hooligans would probably have been delighted to face Turkish fans for an excuse to cause trouble and seek revenge at the World Cup, Germany has around 3 million Turks living there so it would be stupid of the english fans to start anything, however I can see the dutch hooligans teaming up with the english ones to use the excuse to fight with the Germans.
Such a shame that this mindless thug behaviour still exsist's in the sport most of us love.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:22 pm

The Turks are a joke, year after year they cause violence and trouble but do FIFA/UEFA do anything? no do they fook.

Welcome to hell :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:34 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I am more worried how the England fans are going to embarress us again, out in Germany, our own fans are no angels, ok the 2 leeds fans got stabbed but their fans where no angels either. The english hooligans would probably have been delighted to face Turkish fans for an excuse to cause trouble and seek revenge at the World Cup, Germany has around 3 million Turks living there so it would be stupid of the english fans to start anything, however I can see the dutch hooligans teaming up with the english ones to use the excuse to fight with the Germans.
Such a shame that this mindless thug behaviour still exsist's in the sport most of us love.

Every country has hooligan element CGGY though when Englands plays up they seem to get double the headlines of a lot of others.
I think it was 98 world cup where more German fans got arrested then English ones but all media could concentrate on was English poor behaviour.
It wouldnt matter what event was being held, you will always get some :censored:
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:39 pm

i think the top three worst offenders for fan violence are:

1 Holland
2 Turkey
3 Belgium/Germany (tied)

moreover, if those leeds lads were no angels, they certainly didnt deserve to die at the hands of murderers.

in the local news, those leeds lads had no previous convictions for anything!!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:49 pm

I hadn't heard this but was going to start a new thread saying well done to the swiss for ensuring we don't have those fukking turks at the world cup.

When Ireland were in a play off with them a few years back the second leg was in Turkey. Their FA refused to sell the tv rights so we could watch the game in Ireland (they charged about 5 times the normal).

then they started a fight, including their fans and security against the Irish players when the final whistle went - and Turkey had won the game and qualified!

A nation of scumbags (obviously not every turk), delighted they're not going.

How come FIFA call it passion of fanatical support when they do it but English are hooligans when they do it. Don't allow those pr1cks into the EU.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:51 pm

Judge wrote:moreover, if those leeds lads were no angels, they certainly didnt deserve to die at the hands of murderers.

in the local news, those leeds lads had no previous convictions for anything!!

You're right Judge they didn't deserve to die, but from what I have heard from a couple of mates who are Turkish, those Leeds fans :censored: on the Turkish flag in the middle of Istanbul.

It takes two to tango of course, and Turkish football hooligans are renowned for carrying weapons, but :censored: on their flag was very stupid, if it did indeed happen. That's no excuse to kill them, but if a couple of Turks did the same thing at an England match they would probably suffer the same/similar fate.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:55 pm

LFC #1 wrote:but if a couple of Turks did the same thing at an England match they would probably suffer the same/similar fate.

I agree there would be blood shed.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:55 pm

Judge wrote:i think the top three worst offenders for fan violence are:

1 Holland
2 Turkey
3 Belgium/Germany (tied)

Add Argentina to that list as well. Around 140 people have been killed at football matches in Argentina over the last 70 or so years I believe.

Football violence just isn't on. Passion and a certain level of hatred is ok, but to go that step further and injure/kill opposition fans is just not on, no matter what team you support.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion