Verdict day for italian football - The big four

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:42 pm

Punishments cut for Italian clubs 

Of the four implicated clubs, only Juventus will now go down to Serie B
The Italian clubs implicated in a match-fixing scandal have had their punishments slashed on appeal.
Lazio and Fiorentina have been reinstated to Serie A - but with points deductions increased from 12 to 19 for Fiorentina and seven to 11 for Lazio.

Juventus' hopes of overturning demotion to Serie B were dashed, but instead of starting on minus 30 points, they have only had 17 points taken away.

AC Milan stay in Serie A with their penalty cut from 15 points to eight.

Milan has also been allowed to play in the Champions League qualifying rounds this season - having orginally been barred from Europe.

AT A GLANCE
Juventus: Were relegated with 30 point penalty; now still in Serie B but with 17-point deduction
AC Milan: Were allowed to stay in Serie A but with 15-point penalty; now still in Serie A but with eight point deduction and put back into Champions League
Lazio: Were relegated with seven-point penalty; now put back in Serie A with 11-point deduction
Fiorentina: Were relegated with 12-point penalty; now put back in Serie A with 19-point deduction

But the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) sports court upheld the decision to strip Juventus of their last two Serie A titles.

The court also confirmed the five-year bans for former Juventus executives Luciano Moggi and Antonio Giraudo - the figures at the centre of the scandal.

The original punishments were handed out to the disgraced clubs by a Rome tribunal just five days after Italy won the World Cup.

All four clubs implicated denied the accusations.

Their appeals were held by the FIGC sports court in a Rome hotel on Tuesday, and fans of local club Lazio gathered in their hundreds outside to cheer the decision to promote the team back to Serie A.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:49 pm

Absolutely f.ucking ridiculous  :angry:

May aswell just tell the Italian clubs now, carry on cheating and match fixing, dont worry you wont get a very harsh punishment..
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby dward » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:15 pm

Why the hell are they back in serie a?

It's a shambles :no
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:27 am

Italian football is a farce, their FA are a pack of spineless :censored:!

Why exact a punishment when you're just gonna reverse the decision?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:08 am

they probably used the world cup victory as leverage. strange but i think true
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:34 am

Arrgh!..

Italian football can never be cleaned after that decision. Teams gonna continue to cheating etc.

First decision could be a good example for other countries but now they mess up :angry:
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:26 pm

Inter Milan have been awarded the 2006 Serie A title, the 2005 title will be unawarded.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby irr88 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:45 pm

Judge wrote:they probably used the world cup victory as leverage. strange but i think true

probably yes...

besides juventus and milan have got all the power..carraro, federation's chief, was milan's chief (presidente, i don't know if chief is the rght word) some years ago..and berlusconi, milan's chief was the president of italian government yust 6 months ago..

so they choose judges and lawyers and so they don't be condemned..

sorry for my bad english..
irr88

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:12 pm

irr88 wrote:
Judge wrote:they probably used the world cup victory as leverage. strange but i think true

probably yes...

besides juventus and milan have got all the power..carraro, federation's chief, was milan's chief (presidente, i don't know if chief is the rght word) some years ago..and berlusconi, milan's chief was the president of italian government yust 6 months ago..

so they choose judges and lawyers and so they don't be condemned..

sorry for my bad english..

You must be happy, Inter are Italian champions for the first time in ages. This must be huge for you and your fans.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby irr88 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:35 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
Judge wrote:You must be happy, Inter are Italian champions for the first time in ages. This must be huge for you and your fans.

yes but i'm not happy because:

-the process is only about 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 but milan and juve have stolen since almost 1994..if they haven't stolen, inter should became champions some other times, for example in 97-98, 2001-02 and 2003-03

-the virdicts are ridicules, juventus has to stay in serie c1 but is in serie b, milan lazio and fiorentina have to stay in serie b but they are in serie a..so yes, we are italian champions, but is a little satisfaction because we want to win the championship on the field (i don't know if you understand my english)

-moggi, galliani, carraro and other person who were inquired aren't condamned, or only for a short time and so they will make again their "affair"

i'f you  don't understant something please say me..
irr88

Postby irr88 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:36 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
Judge wrote:You must be happy, Inter are Italian champions for the first time in ages. This must be huge for you and your fans.

-the process is only about 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 but milan and juve have stolen since almost 1994..if they haven't stolen, inter should became champions some other times, for example in 97-98, 2001-02 and 2003-03

-the virdicts are ridicules, juventus has to stay in serie c1 but is in serie b, milan lazio and fiorentina have to stay in serie b but they are in serie a..so yes, we are italian champions, but is a little satisfaction because we want to win the championship on the field (i don't know if you understand my english)

-moggi, galliani, carraro and other person who were inquired aren't condamned, or only for a short time and so they will make again their "affair"

irr88

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:41 pm

irr88 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:

I fully understand. You would like to win the title by playing football and not by Juve, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina cheating. I think the verdicts are ridiculous because Juve, Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina will carry on cheating because they know the punishment will not be severe. I think it is bad that Milan are now allowed in the Champions League because it would have been brilliant for clubs like Palermo and Chievo to play in the Champions League because it would have given them money and make Serie A more competetive.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby irr88 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:56 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:[

I fully understand. You would like to win the title by playing football and not by Juve, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina cheating. I think the verdicts are ridiculous because Juve, Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina will carry on cheating because they know the punishment will not be severe. I think it is bad that Milan are now allowed in the Champions League because it would have been brilliant for clubs like Palermo and Chievo to play in the Champions League because it would have given them money and make Serie A more competetive.

i agree with you ;)

but i want to specify that only milan and juventus were chating..

milan and juventus decided that fiorentina has to go to serie b beacuse fiorentina's chief, diego della valle, was against galliani, milan's chief.

so fiorentina was persecuted by referee and it was going to serie b...so della valle talked to federation's chief because he was frightened to go to seire b...

yes, he made a mistakes, but he had to do because milan and juventus persecuted fiorentina..

lazio instead has to go to serie b because they tried to make that referee make some decisions in lazio's favor

besides, lazio has got more than 200 million of euro of debits and it had to fail, but berlusconi (milan's president and govern's president) decided to safe him..

we coul made italian's football better..but after these verdicts juventus and milan will continue to cheat...
irr88

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:10 am

irr88 wrote:lazio instead has to go to serie b because they tried to make that referee make some decisions in lazio's favor

chelsea try that week in week out, but they are still in top flight
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby irr88 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:47 am

Judge wrote:
irr88 wrote:lazio instead has to go to serie b because they tried to make that referee make some decisions in lazio's favor

chelsea try that week in week out, but they are still in top flight

i don't know what chelsea does every week..but for lazio there are telephone calls recorded..
irr88

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion