Serie A thread - All things Italian football

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:43 pm

This thread is for anyone to keep upto date with Italian Football..post scores , comment on games, players , managers etc ;
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Rafa's having a tough time at Inter isn't he? Six points off the top of the league for a team which has won it five times on the bounce, player unrest, struggling in the Champions League etc etc. Whatever next.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:56 pm

I think he will be sacked soon.

And they will go for Roy as his replacement  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:I think he will be sacked soon.

And they will go for Roy as his replacement  :D

I'll bet there's a few of the older Inter fans who'd do that swap in a heartbeat. Roy had an excellent record there. Mind you, they are a better team now than when Roy first took over, they were battling against relegation at the time. I don't see them sinking that low this time around.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:08 pm

He should of never took that job.  He was always onto a loser there.
Took some guts to take it though and try to teach the team to play a bit of football.

If Inter are in a crisis, id certainly love to be in one of their crisis's.
Win a game or two and they're back towards the top of the table and through to the last 16 in europe.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Liverpool Echo 17th Nov 2010

ALBERTO AQUILANI is hoping his loan move from Liverpool to Juventus will be made permanent.

The Italian midfielder struggled for  form and suffered a catalogue of injury problems during his one full season on Merseyside.

He was loaned to Juventus in August and has since scored one goal in 10 appearances, as his new club lie fourth in Serie A.

Now Aquilani hopes Juventus can come to an agreement with Liverpool, who paid £17m for him in August 2009.

"Juventus have to decide," said Aquilani, whose 28 appearances for the Reds yielded two goals.

"It also depends on me but if they (Juventus) want me then I will remain.

Well I doubt he will be coming back especially given some of his performances lately in the midfield of Juventus ....so how much do we sell him for and which position would be  priority to use it for ? .... although I totally cant see the point in selling him only to buy another creative midfielder which we so desperately need btw...... and oh the irony .....he is precisely the inventive midfielder we so desperately need ....Im  confused now  :help
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Rocky wont be happy  :D

What's his form been like by the way ?

Has he been scoring goals and does he have many assists etc ?
Ben Patrick

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Aqua is a classic example of how 2 wrongs don't make a right.

We were wrong to sign him but just as wrong to loan him.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Liverpool Echo 17th Nov 2010

ALBERTO AQUILANI is hoping his loan move from Liverpool to Juventus will be made permanent.

The Italian midfielder struggled for  form and suffered a catalogue of injury problems during his one full season on Merseyside.

He was loaned to Juventus in August and has since scored one goal in 10 appearances, as his new club lie fourth in Serie A.

Now Aquilani hopes Juventus can come to an agreement with Liverpool, who paid £17m for him in August 2009.

"Juventus have to decide," said Aquilani, whose 28 appearances for the Reds yielded two goals.

"It also depends on me but if they (Juventus) want me then I will remain.

Well I doubt he will be coming back especially given some of his performances lately in the midfield of Juventus ....so how much do we sell him for and which position would be  priority to use it for ? .... although I totally cant see the point in selling him only to buy another creative midfielder which we so desperately need btw...... and oh the irony .....he is precisely the inventive midfielder we so desperately need ....Im  confused now  :help

funny isn't it that now he has left all of a sudden the press are falling over themselves to tell us how good he is?

http://blogs.thescore.com/footybl....ld-love
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:27 pm

bigmick wrote:I'll bet there's a few of the older Inter fans who'd do that swap in a heartbeat. Roy had an excellent record there. Mind you, they are a better team now than when Roy first took over, they were battling against relegation at the time. I don't see them sinking that low this time around.

I suspect the hardcore fans that pelted him with lighters and coins would love to have him back seen as how revered and well respected he was ....this is what Google was invented for to save posters looking a touch foolish with their impetuous answers

Hodgsons hasty retreat

Oh yes they love him them pesky Inter fans  :love:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Rocky wont be happy  :D

What's his form been like by the way ?

Has he been scoring goals and does he have many assists etc ?

Running the show by all accounts Ben.... starting to receive rave reviews in Italy and regaining his credibility  and picking up motm awards .... click on St Michaels link it explains why the Italian media are once again lavishing the superlatives again
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Interesting article that Red. Do you think Rafa will get a similar reception of their fans if results don't improve? I mean, if they pelt a manager when he gets beat on penalties in a European Cup final, God knows what they'll do to a manager who has taken over a team which has won five league titles on the bounce, won the European Cup last season then steers the team into a downward spiral. I'd be getting myself a crash helmet sharpish if I was sitting near Rafa.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Here's one I  found particularly hard to take .....since he was deemed not good enough for our midfield   

Il Messagero newspaper described him after the game against Roma as being possessed of “velvet feet and a superior brain”, and Juventus have quickly discovered that none of the old grace has been lost. To observe Aquilani on the ball at times is like watching a coaching video on footballing technique. Few players even at the top level are able to keeps their heads up, and their eyes searching for a pass, so consistently when under pressure from opponents.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:43 pm

bigmick wrote:Interesting article that Red. Do you think Rafa will get a similar reception of their fans if results don't improve? I mean, if they pelt a manager when he gets beat on penalties in a European Cup final, God knows what they'll do to a manager who has taken over a team which has won five league titles on the bounce, won the European Cup last season then steers the team into a downward spiral. I'd be getting myself a crash helmet sharpish if I was sitting near Rafa.

Just get that helmet anyway just in case you trip on your ego  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:44 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Here's one I  found particularly hard to take .....since he was deemed not good enough for our midfield   

Il Messagero newspaper described him after the game against Roma as being possessed of “velvet feet and a superior brain”, and Juventus have quickly discovered that none of the old grace has been lost. To observe Aquilani on the ball at times is like watching a coaching video on footballing technique. Few players even at the top level are able to keeps their heads up, and their eyes searching for a pass, so consistently when under pressure from opponents.

Thanks will have to see if i can watch one of their matches on espn.

I wonder how final his loan is ?
Ben Patrick

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion