Tonights internationals - All talk here........

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:44 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Rumour has it Healy flew Ryanair once....Staunton is apparently claiming him for the ROI on that basis !

No - he's meeting Greg Rusedski to get lessons on how to be English. :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:01 pm

Im delighted with NI result last night!
We really dont have the right to be beating teams like Sweden and Spain but for some reason it happens.For a team with most players in the Championship,lower leagues and playing in Scotland its an amazing achievment so far to be top of the group above the likes of Spain,Sweden and Denmark.All the players can be proud of themselves.

Its hard to put your finger on why they are playing so well,but for me its down to having big hearts and not knowing when they are beat.On the footballing side i noticed last night that they fight for the ball bigtime and close the opposition down when they have posession giving no space atal.Its hardly master tactics but its extreemly hard to play when theres someone on you as soon as you get the ball!

I'm still not getting carried away though..im hopeful we can make it to the finals next summer but there is still a long way to go and we have some very tough games yet to play.
Well done anyway NI...10 outta 10 for effort,heart and hard work! :buttrock  :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:21 pm

They played well, no doubt about that. Battled well too but when ya look at the team, what else could they do?

Yer wee man Healy was clinical, and why he isnt being picked for Leeds beggars belief. Are you watching Dennis Wise lol

I dont care who N ireland play at Windsor, if the opposition dont  click sharp , they are in trouble. If ya arent in the mood for fightin, then its gonna be a long night.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:25 pm

Northern Ireland ??

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

:D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:47 pm

Northern Ireland played very well last night and they deserve to be top of their group. Having players from the lower and Scottish leagues, makes them more determined to prove a point. When Sweden scored they kept their heads up and fought on and Healy came up trumps again. Hes a cracking player and should make more starts for Leeds. When he has started hes trying to score but he just cant put the ball in the back of the net. I also think Warren Feeney is a great player to along with Jonny Evans. Our defence was really strong and to honest we dominated the game. We only  gave Sweden the one chance which they grasped with both hands, but after that we tightened up our game and gave them no more.  The Northern Ireland team are now a team to be reckoned with. SO BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

WE'RE NOT BRAZIL, WE'RE NORTHERN IRELAND!!!!!
HEALY HEALY HEALY!!!
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:22 am

Great performance by Northern Ireland. I hope they qualify. Sanchez has done a great job there. Northern Ireland should try doing what Eire did in the 1980's and make the criteria very broad for being classed as a "Northern Irish" player such as having a Northern Irish dad or grandad or something. They need a larger group of players. Look at Eire's players from the last twenty years:

Aldridge - Born in Liverpool.
Cascarino - Born in Kent
Houghton - Born in Glasgow
Lawrenson - Born in Preston
McCarthy - Baarrn eeen BAARNSLEEEEEEE!!!
Phelan - Born in Manchester
McGrath - Born in Ealing
Babb- Born in London
McAteer - Born in Birkenhead
Kiely - Born in Salford (BOOOOOOOOO!)
Morrison - Born in London
Sheridan - Born in Salford (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)
Townsend - Born in Maidstone
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:54 pm

grayghost wrote:Does any one else get the felling that fat franks  injury was well timed since rumours were arond that he was gonna get droped for the game. I think the injury is not that serious and he could play but he has been droped and the injury has been made to look worse so he can safe face and not have the shame of being droped.

Well i would just like to give myself a pat on the back for seeing through fat Franks and shi t house Steve Manclans dirty lies if you look back i predicted it was the case. Just so he could safe face with the public and press not like a real man who would take on the critasem and learn from it not try to run home to daddy Mourino.
grayghost

Postby Dundalk » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:47 pm

Well he is fit to play for Chelsea tomorrow ???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion