See Mourinhio losing his touch perhaps
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:11 pm

does this mean we all start w@nking over Ranieri instead then? ???
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:40 pm

It's funny how the process of the thread got turned from what it was onto a "w@nking over Mourinho" thread. The only reason i started the thread in the first place was that all of his achievements were being written off by many on here, so I decided to investigate. If you read the first four pages, you'll see the most extreme and obvious example of ignorant blanket throwing you'll ever see, and that was the point. It wasn't to get people to "w@nk" over Mourinho, more to get people to stop talking utter sh!t about him.

I don't w@nk over Lionel Messi, but if some clown comes on here and says Lucas is a better player then if I'm in the mood I'll pull him up on it. Usually I can't be ersed so I let it go, but just sometimes I can't.

It has a touch of irony about it that those who completely incorrectly dismissed Mourinho as a fraud, are the ones who get hot under the collar whenever his name is mentioned. My guess is also that he'll end up at Man Utd as manager, and we can all get back to hating the c... good and proper. I'll be the leader of the "I hate the c..." pack then, just the same as I am with that c... Ferguson now. Doesn't mean I don't think he's a top manager though, pretending otherwise is just daft.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:55 pm

the italian league is good, but I'm loving league One more, thats where the real excitement has been this season. Italian football is too meh for me
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Although i don't want Mourinho at LFC for purley personal and selfish reasons. The Curious side of me is wondering just how well he would do next season at Anfield with a limited budget and limited squad ( note not limited first 11 if all fit ) . Would be interesting that , we'll see i suppose .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Although i don't want Mourinho at LFC for purley personal and selfish reasons. The Curious side of me is wondering just how well he would do next season at Anfield with a limited budget and limited squad ( note not limited first 11 if all fit ) . Would be interesting that , we'll see i suppose .

Yeah it would be interesting to say the least mate. The only excuse Mourinho would have is that he could at least claim the players wern't his choices. So I would allow him £25million to get a couple of "his " players in.
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:10 pm

s@int wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Although i don't want Mourinho at LFC for purley personal and selfish reasons. The Curious side of me is wondering just how well he would do next season at Anfield with a limited budget and limited squad ( note not limited first 11 if all fit ) . Would be interesting that , we'll see i suppose .

Yeah it would be interesting to say the least mate. The only excuse Mourinho would have is that he could at least claim the players wern't his choices. So I would allow him £25million to get a couple of "his " players in.

Yeh if he's got dosh to spend i don't think he would have a problem mate personally . I would just be interested to see how he would cope with having to sell to buy and who he would buy . What tactics he would use with the squad he inherited and how he would cope with  the pressure of being the manager of LFC . He's obviously had big jobs but nothing like LFC , not even inter compares imo saint . I've no doubt he would get time , LFC are nothing if patient .
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:13 pm

LFC are patient, but is Jose?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:27 pm

If I'm allowed to join in the discussion without somebody accusing me of having a "w@nkfest" over Mourinho again, I think if he were to be our manager next season (which I don't think will happen) I don't think he'd be able to win us the Premier League. We'd need too much luck with injuries and form I think for even him to pull it off, but I do think we'd launch a credible challenge and be right up there.

The squad is a bit too thin in a few too many areas for me (not because we haven't spent the money IMHO, more because we haven't bought the right players or because we've sold the wrong ones). Realistically I would have thought the absolute most any manager is going to be given for Liverpool in the Summer is less than 20 million quid (and quite possibly a lot less than that), so for me we'd need to do some extreme wheeling and dealing regardless of who is the manager.

I know we are rapidly approaching the point in the season where people start saying "sell Babel for 10 mill, Benayoun for 9 mill, Insua for 5, Aquilani for 20 and Lucas for 3 and there's 47 million quid for starters" but life is never quite as simple as that. As inadequate as some may think these players are (or perhaps only some of them I don't know) they still fill up places in the squad, and as such they would need to be replaced like for like.

No, give Mourinho 10 million quid and I think we'd go close, but not win it. What would he do? Well he'd probably tell Riera he was the best left sided midfielder in the Premiership, and Babel that he really believed in him and play him on the right. He'd get Gerrard and Carragher buzzing, he'd out Aquilani and play a three man central midfeild of Lucas, Gerrard and Masherano. He'd give a few more youngsters a good go which the crowd would love, and he'd buy a top quality centre half. He's probably pick up a decent left back from somewhere for not too much cash, and he'd keep it pretty simple. We'd go for it pre season, and he would announce that we were going all out for the title before the season had even started. The ground would be buzzing, we'd never be off the back pages and the players would go into every game feeling 10 feet tall.

That said, I still don't think we'd quite win the title.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:36 pm

bigmick wrote:If I'm allowed to join in the discussion without somebody accusing me of having a "w@nkfest" over Mourinho again, I think if he were to be our manager next season (which I don't think will happen) I don't think he'd be able to win us the Premier League. We'd need too much luck with injuries and form I think for even him to pull it off, but I do think we'd launch a credible challenge and be right up there.

The squad is a bit too thin in a few too many areas for me (not because we haven't spent the money IMHO, more because we haven't bought the right players or because we've sold the wrong ones). Realistically I would have thought the absolute most any manager is going to be given for Liverpool in the Summer is less than 20 million quid (and quite possibly a lot less than that), so for me we'd need to do some extreme wheeling and dealing regardless of who is the manager.

I know we are rapidly approaching the point in the season where people start saying "sell Babel for 10 mill, Benayoun for 9 mill, Insua for 5, Aquilani for 20 and Lucas for 3 and there's 47 million quid for starters" but life is never quite as simple as that. As inadequate as some may think these players are (or perhaps only some of them I don't know) they still fill up places in the squad, and as such they would need to be replaced like for like.

No, give Mourinho 10 million quid and I think we'd go close, but not win it. What would he do? Well he'd probably tell Riera he was the best left sided midfielder in the Premiership, and Babel that he really believed in him and play him on the right. He'd get Gerrard and Carragher buzzing, he'd out Aquilani and play a three man central midfeild of Lucas, Gerrard and Masherano. He'd give a few more youngsters a good go which the crowd would love, and he'd buy a top quality centre half. He's probably pick up a decent left back from somewhere for not too much cash, and he'd keep it pretty simple. We'd go for it pre season, and he would announce that we were going all out for the title before the season had even started. The ground would be buzzing, we'd never be off the back pages and the players would go into every game feeling 10 feet tall.

That said, I still don't think we'd quite win the title.

Feck me Michael , that's some forsight you have there mate . Not saying that won't happen like , but he'd have to be pretty lucky with injuries to mount a credible challenge for the title . Just to let you know on the AQUILANI thing aswell mate . Mourinho tried to sign him for inter .  :D   Anyway pack it in with your mourinho w@nkfest will yer .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Julio-0 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Inter-Atalanta 3-1
Roma-Sampdoria 1-2

Inter 73
Roma 71

Julio-0

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Inter were an absolute shoo-in to beat the third from bottom side and have the easiest run-in so the pressure was always going to be on Roma. A surprise that a title-challenging side would go down in their own back yard so near the finish, albeit to a side looking to clinch fourth. Can't see Inter slipping up from here on in. They've by far the best team and should really have secured it by now anyway.
LFC2007

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion