Rafael benitez - sacked by inter milan - What is his next move?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Lurve Rafa... a true RED Always !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Rafas kids are back in school on the Wirral...looks like he may be around for a bit
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 pm

What I love is the way the women here try and talk football, but all end up saying.. well his wife is a nice person so he should be manager. the women talk about love and charity... when its results and performance that is what manager is there for, not some kind of Care Bears epsiode

Priceless. Can't we just find a nice knitting/washing up forum the little ladies while the men talk football?

Rafa was sacked, because as usual he was too stubborn... he knows how to play to the media so lower IQ people think hes awesome, when in actual fact he just couldnt do his job at inter, or with Liverpool last year, which is why hes gone. Everyone wishes him the best, as long as it is somewhere else.
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld

Postby burjennio » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:32 am

Well if it was a choice between bringing Rafa and his stubborness back or having to watch this team get worse and worse I know what Id rather have...

...Gus Hiddink :D
burjennio

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:14 am

good answer :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Roy will be getting 3 million when sacked for 6 months of damage that maybe beyond repair bet no one says feck all about that though !!!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Ciggy wrote:Roy will be getting 3 million when sacked for 6 months of damage that maybe beyond repair bet no one says feck all about that though !!!!

and why would they, in a rafa thread, you silly gal

beyond repair...you crack me up

that fat penguin goatee looking mofo drove the club into the ground as well you know

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Ciggy wrote:Roy will be getting 3 million when sacked for 6 months of damage that maybe beyond repair bet no one says feck all about that though !!!!

if Roy was to immediately walk into a better payed job without any break in his employment then he would not deserve any compo.
I know football is different but its a joke that a) you get comp when you have made a pigs ear of a job.
b) can go and take a new job immediately after being paid your full contract on the old one.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:

if Roy was to immediately walk into a better payed job without any break in his employment then he would not deserve any compo.
I know football is different but its a joke that a) you get comp when you have made a pigs ear of a job.
b) can go and take a new job immediately after being paid your full contract on the old one.

cant they put clauses in to say that they cant work in certain circumstances?

For example. Ian Dowie left his job so he could spend more time with his family. Instead he went to join Conventry (I think) so Palace sued him. Am I correct in this? I'm sure I did this in contract law but I don't know if I'm correct with the two clubs concerned

You see Ben, there's no certainty that these managers will walk straight into a well paid job. Being sacked can hit your confidence etc so the compo payout is a matter of process, surely you understand that.

If I was taken on to work for three years under contract and they wanted rid of me they'd have to pay me off, and rightly so. There's no guarantee that I will find work immediately, even if I do, what has that got to do with them not wanting me anymore?

It's just a matter of employment contracts. Nothing special. Managers rarely get paid their 'full contract' upon dismissal do they?

I agree if you're sh!t at your job you should be allowed to just be sacked with feck all else, but then there's the legal issue of measuring 'sh!t work'
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

For example. Ian Dowie left his job so he could spend more time with his family. Instead he went to join Conventry (I think) so Palace sued him. Am I correct in this? I'm sure I did this in contract law but I don't know if I'm correct with the two clubs concerned

You see Ben, there's no certainty that these managers will walk straight into a well paid job. Being sacked can hit your confidence etc so the compo payout is a matter of process, surely you understand that.

If I was taken on to work for three years under contract and they wanted rid of me they'd have to pay me off, and rightly so. There's no guarantee that I will find work immediately, even if I do, what has that got to do with them not wanting me anymore?

It's just a matter of employment contracts. Nothing special. Managers rarely get paid their 'full contract' upon dismissal do they?

I agree if you're sh!t at your job you should be allowed to just be sacked with feck all else, but then there's the legal issue of measuring 'sh!t work'

what i am saying is if you get paid up in full you shouldnt be entitled to work again until the contract is expired or you pay back whatever the difference was before you started the new job.
I know that that's not what its like with football contracts but it should be.
Ben Patrick

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:26 pm

There should be a clause if a manager guaruntees say... 4th place.. thats for sure :D

Long contracts shouldnt be given anymore, too costly

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:42 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

what i am saying is if you get paid up in full you shouldnt be entitled to work again until the contract is expired or you pay back whatever the difference was before you started the new job.
I know that that's not what its like with football contracts but it should be.

why though? the whole point in the payout is to sever the contract and all obligation. The payout is made because of being relieved of the obligation you were going to make

You can't be stopped from working again after the payout, that defeats the whole point of the payout. We don't want Rafa or Roy so why should they be stopped from finding work?

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:43 pm

they shouldnt be stopped from work, but for me they are not entitled to be paid up.
Its simple mate, you have your opinion i have mine.
Its not based on Rafa, its the same for any of the managers. Its a joke.
Ben Patrick

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:23 pm

are you saying yours should apply to football managers in general? not all work?

if so then fair dos, its a fair enough stance to hold over the situation. But then I'd say your voiding any value a contract has. I'd probably be willing to meet halfway on the subject tho :D

I can see why you feel the way you do over it FWIW

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Inter fans' banner @ San Siro thanking Benítez: "A sincere thanks from us, the only ones who always backed u. And now full faith in Leo

Last edited by tubby on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion