Praise to a legend - Eusebio 1 of the best player ever

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby pur3 rav3r » Mon May 01, 2006 8:24 pm

eusebio for those of u who dont no who he is he was a great player back in the 60's who scored 727 goals in 715 games. he was a great player up with the likes pele. he would bring spirt to his team mates and could make goals out of nothing. he could score from almost anywere on the pitch. he was also a very kind player on and off the pitch in the 1966 world cup semis we played against him and he had a great shot in the last minute wat would of put us out but the keeper managed to save it and eusebio went straight up to him and patted him on the back and gave him his congrats while the game was still going. he was very skillful he could make many players look stupid and i dont think any1 now or then could hit the ball as well as he could. he won a lot of titals with benfica. as a child he did not hav the stuff we hav as a kid he had to play with a ball of socks as he lived in a poor village and i find it amazing that some1 with a upbringing like that can go on to be 1 of if not the greatest player to ever been seen on this earth. he is a real legend and a player that shows it dont matter were u come from or how poor u r u can still achive ur dreams. i made this topic because i want more ppl to no about him cause he is a legend in all parts of his life 
:bowdown
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Mon May 01, 2006 8:32 pm

Honours:    (All with Benfica or Portugal)
                1961    Portuguese Championship
                               World Club Cup runner-up
                1962    European Cup
                               Portuguese Cup
                               World Club Cup runner-up
                1963    Portuguese Championship
                               European Cup runner-up
                1964    Portuguese Championship and Cup
                1965    Portuguese Championship
                               European Cup runner-up
                               European Footballer of the Year
                1966    World Cup 3rd place
                1967    Portuguese Championship
                1968    Portuguese Championship
                1969    Portuguese Championship and Cup
                1970    Portuguese Cup
                1971    Portuguese Championship
                1972    Portuguese Championship and Cup
                1973    Portuguese Championship
                1974    Portuguese Championship
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Mon May 01, 2006 8:35 pm

The legendary Eusebio is Portugal's all-time leading goal scorer with 41goals.
"The Black Panther", or "The Black Pearl", as he was known, was top scorerin the 1966 World Cup, with nine goals to his name.  These includedfour in one match against North Korea were they were 3-0 down at half time and eusebio brang back the spirt and they won. He also scored in the semi-finalagainst England but left the pitch in tears when Portugal lost.
As a young player, Eusebio was the subject of a fierce contract battlebetween two Portuguese clubs.  He made his debut with Mozambique'sLourenco Marques, a nursery club of Sporting Lisbon, but was "kidnapped"by Benfica on his arrival to Lisbon and hidden away in an Algarve fishingvillage until the arguments between the clubs died down.
Eusebio was a member of the first side to beat legendary Real Madrid ina European Cup final.  In 1962 Benfica trounced the Spanish aristocratsand 5-times winners of the trophy 5-3 in the final.  Eusebio scoredtwice.
Eusebio made such an impression on the British Public in the 1966 WorldCup that his figure was immediately added to Madame Tussaud's waxwork collection.
Bela Guttmann, Benfica's coach, first heard of Eusebio in a haridresser'ssalon in Lisbon.  In the chair next to him was Sao Paolo's coach,who were touring Portugal.  He told Guttmann about a brilliant footballerhe had seen in Portuguese East Africa.  Guttmann flew out and withina week and bought Eusebio.
In his 15 years at Benfica there are only two when Eusebio didn't win amajor honour - 1966 and 1975 (his last year at the club).
In 1963, Eusebio was selected for the Rest of the World side to play Englandat Wembley as part of the F.A.'s Centenary celebrations.
From 1964 to 1968, and again in 1973, Eusebio was Portugal's top Leaguescorer.  On the last two occasions he was top scorer in the wholeof Europe as well.  His total of 46 goals in European competitionis second only to the 49 of Real Madrid's Alfredo Di Stefano
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Tue May 02, 2006 3:17 pm

heres a pic of him, hes in the white
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Tue May 02, 2006 3:22 pm

waiting for the match to start
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu May 04, 2006 2:41 pm

he's a legend alright.

Just need to pick you up on one of your earlier posts. He WAS Portugal's leading goalscorer, until Pauleta broke his record last year.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sun May 07, 2006 5:30 pm

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! lol i'm trying to make him look as gd as possible
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 08, 2006 6:10 am

Polish your screen then, dummy! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon May 08, 2006 9:58 am

Yeah, he was top draw no doubt. Can we now have threads for Pele, Beckenbaur, Cruyf, Moore.... :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Wed May 10, 2006 10:31 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Polish your screen then, dummy! :D

lol very funny
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Wed May 10, 2006 10:33 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Yeah, he was top draw no doubt. Can we now have threads for Pele, Beckenbaur, Cruyf, Moore.... :D

even though u were only joking i'll make a new post every week on all the legends
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:18 am

pur3 rav3r wrote:eusebio for those of u who dont no who he is he was a great player back in the 60's who scored 727 goals in 715 games. he was a great player up with the likes pele. he would bring spirt to his team mates and could make goals out of nothing. he could score from almost anywere on the pitch. he was also a very kind player on and off the pitch in the 1966 world cup semis we played against him and he had a great shot in the last minute wat would of put us out but the keeper managed to save it and eusebio went straight up to him and patted him on the back and gave him his congrats while the game was still going. he was very skillful he could make many players look stupid and i dont think any1 now or then could hit the ball as well as he could. he won a lot of titals with benfica. as a child he did not hav the stuff we hav as a kid he had to play with a ball of socks as he lived in a poor village and i find it amazing that some1 with a upbringing like that can go on to be 1 of if not the greatest player to ever been seen on this earth. he is a real legend and a player that shows it dont matter were u come from or how poor u r u can still achive ur dreams. i made this topic because i want more ppl to no about him cause he is a legend in all parts of his life 
:bowdown

ive scored 1023 goals in 570 appearances for my club

am i great also

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:30 pm

A shame a legend like Eusebio lost his record to a rubbish player like Pauletta.

I think they are about equal in ability but Eusebio is about 70. :laugh:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion