New fifa ranking system - Where would england be?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:03 am

new FIFA world rankings top 10

Brazil
Italy
Argentina
France
England
Netherlands
Spain
Portugal
Germany
Czech Republic
SOURCE

England up to fifth and no Mexico :D
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:23 am

s@int wrote:new FIFA world rankings top 10

Brazil
Italy
Argentina
France
England
Netherlands
Spain
Portugal
Germany
Czech Republic
SOURCE

England up to fifth and no Mexico :D

No Mexico, that's like having sunday roast without gravy.  :D

And how are Brazil still top? And as much as I dislike Portugal how comes they are so low in the ranking? Finalists at Euro 2004 and Semi finalists at World Cup 2006.  ???
48-1119859832

Postby Bman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:13 am

However I don't live and breathe football that was my point. Obviously it's great when  Liverpool win, but I wouldn't bankcrupt myself just to go to see them in the final.. [quote]

:no

[quote] To many Liverpool is their world, it's what they base their lives around and there's nothing wrong with that [quote].

:nod
Bman

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:29 am

Bman if you want to just quote one line and still have it in a quote box, scroll down to quick reply ,click on quote, copy and paste the text you want to quote, then click on quote again. Its easier than I make it sound.
eg
To many Liverpool is their world, it's what they base their lives around and there's nothing wrong with that
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:43 am

Bman wrote:However I don't live and breathe football that was my point. Obviously it's great when  Liverpool win, but I wouldn't bankcrupt myself just to go to see them in the final..

:no

To many Liverpool is their world, it's what they base their lives around and there's nothing wrong with that

:nod

Obviously you don't know what a joke is.  :D
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby jammy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:12 am

the fifa ranking are stupid. no 1 takes them seriously
jammy

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:26 pm

0asis wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
0asis wrote:As I said football isn't my life, I just watch it as entertainment value at most,

Oh that's right, if Liverpool lose or win it doesn't affect you at all.

You said in aother thread "Liverpool is no more than entertainment at the most, when they lose I don't get upset. When they win my day doesn't suddenly brighten up."

So obviously on that basis, when we won in Istanbul you had no emotion at all, what sort of "fan" is that?

I am a little perplexed though? If football was entertainment at best for you, why did you defend Mexico so strongly and get in a week-long debate with Ace Ventura over it? Surely someone who thinks football is merely entertainment couldn't take it that seriously? Do you see the contradiction?

I was correcting Ace's ignorance that's all and yes I did rejoice in the Champions League final, this years F.A cup and the treble in 2001 and any trophy since 1985. However I don't live and breathe football that was my point. Obviously it's great when  Liverpool win, but I wouldn't bankcrupt myself just to go to see them in a mjaor cup final was my orignal point. To many Liverpool is their world, it's what they base their lives around and there's nothing wrong with that, ppl can choose to do that, but not every Liverpool fan or football fan has to live, breathe, drink and eat football.

And this has nothing to do with the orignal topic, it seems as if you want to start a war of words, you do that, but don't expect me to join in.

Here we go again  :D

I dont think i showed any ignorance, i may be ignorant towards players i havent seen much of (who isn't ?), but i called it right with Mexico, despite the obvious quality most of the squad has they are never contenders and never will be.

I dont think i was ignorant, i just said it how it was.

By the way how are England ahead of Portugal in the current rankings  ???

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:02 pm

New rankings are a farce IMO, they claim to have made improvements with this new system, but if anything the list they have just brought out is even more inaccurate than the old system.

Portugal 8th? Mexico 18th? Spain 7th?

Perplexing decisions. Spain have done nothing in comparison to Portugal over the last 2-3 years yet they are ahead of them, England as well?

What a joke.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:07 pm

0asis wrote:And how are Brazil still top?

They've won every competition they've been in since 2002, bar this World Cup (let's face it a quarter-final exit is no disgrace) .

World Champions 2002
Copa America winners
Confeds Cup winners
Top of South American qualifying
Various friendly wins against good opposition.

A loss in a World Cup quarter-final over the last 4yrs is hardly going to knock them off the top.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:54 pm

0asis wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
0asis wrote:As I said football isn't my life, I just watch it as entertainment value at most,

You said in aother thread "Liverpool is no more than entertainment at the most, when they lose I don't get upset. When they win my day doesn't suddenly brighten up."

So obviously on that basis, when we won in Istanbul you had no emotion at all, what sort of "fan" is that?

I am a little perplexed though? If football was entertainment at best for you, why did you defend Mexico so strongly and get in a week-long debate with Ace Ventura over it? Surely someone who thinks football is merely entertainment couldn't take it that seriously? Do you see the contradiction?

I was correcting Ace's ignorance that's all and yes I did rejoice in the Champions League final, this years F.A cup and the treble in 2001 and any trophy since 1985. However I don't live and breathe football that was my point. Obviously it's great when  Liverpool win, but I wouldn't bankcrupt myself just to go to see them in a mjaor cup final was my orignal point. To many Liverpool is their world, it's what they base their lives around and there's nothing wrong with that, ppl can choose to do that, but not every Liverpool fan or football fan has to live, breathe, drink and eat football.

And this has nothing to do with the orignal topic, it seems as if you want to start a war of words, you do that, but don't expect me to join in.

I dont believe ya, that wasnt a joke otherwise there would of been a  :D  at the end of it.  :D
Bman

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:59 pm

Bman wrote:
0asis wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

I dont believe ya, that wasnt a joke otherwise there would of been a  :D  at the end of it.  :D

No you fool, I thought you were referring to my comment on "No Mexico, that's like having sunday roast without gravy. " So I thought you had bought those comments up because I said that.  :no  :D

But no I wasn't joking about what I said in that long post.
48-1119859832

Postby Bman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:02 pm

Fool !!

You silly a.rse look at what I quoted you on, nana  :no
Bman

Postby Bman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:05 pm

s@int wrote:Bman if you want to just quote one line and still have it in a quote box, scroll down to quick reply ,click on quote, copy and paste the text you want to quote, then click on quote again. Its easier than I make it sound.
eg

Thanks chap  :D
Bman

Postby Bman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:07 pm

However I don't live and breathe football that was my point. Obviously it's great when  Liverpool win, but I wouldn't bankcrupt myself just to go to see them in the final

Like this :D

And this :D

ta Saint
Bman

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:10 pm

Bman wrote:Fool !!

You silly a.rse look at what I quoted you on, nana  :no

:laugh:
48-1119859832

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion