Fifa - What do you think!

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:26 pm

for i have no trust in them for a long time.

I understand why the rest of the world still back them, its due to the money they get from them.

lets look at the truth, they have been slow in making changes to the game and the ones they have done over the last few years have not work, like the ref behind the goal......what he is he there for as he seems never to see anything.

the goal line technology will come in....10 years later than it should have.

now all this Fifa corruption stuff, they are never going to come clean and say yes we have found something are they.

Blatter is the corruption in Fifa.

what do you lot think, heres a timeline for you if your not up to speed with it.

Timeline of events surrounding Fifa corruption claims

In light of the bribery and corruption allegations currently surrounding Fifa, here is a timeline of how events have unfolded for football's governing body in the last eight months.

October 2010

The Sunday Times claims two members of Fifa's executive committee, Reynald Temarii of Tahiti and Amos Adamu of Nigeria, offered to sell their votes in the 2018 and 2022 World Cup hosting contest to undercover reporters.

The duo are provisionally suspended by Fifa's ethics committee, pending further investigations. Four other officials, all former executive committee members, are also provisionally suspended.

November 2010

Temarii is banned for one year and fined 5,000 Swiss francs (£3,552) for breaching the ethics code. Adamu is banned for three years and fined 10,000 Swiss francs (£7,005) for breaching five articles of the ethics code, including one on bribery. The four others are all banned and fined.

The ethics committee decides allegations of vote-trading between Spain and Portugal, who are bidding for 2018, and Qatar, who are bidding for 2022, are unfounded.

Fifa dismisses allegations made by a BBC programme against three more executive committee members. The governing body stated that the matters had already been investigated by Swiss authorities and the case is closed.

December 2010

Russia is awarded the 2018 World Cup and the 2022 tournament is controversially awarded to Qatar despite Fifa's own technical report saying that high temperatures could pose a health risk to players, officials and spectators.

May 2011

A UK parliamentary inquiry into why England failed to secure the 2018 finals is told by member of parliament Damian Collins that there was evidence from the Sunday Times newspaper that Issa Hayatou of Cameroon and Jacques Anouma of the Ivory Coast were paid by Qatar.

At the same hearing, former Football Association chairman Lord Triesman accuses Fifa executive committee members Jack Warner, Ricardo Teixeira, Nicolas Leoz and Worawi Makudi of asking for favours in return for their votes. Fifa later says all four men have been cleared of the allegations in an independent report commissioned by the FA.

An ethics investigation is opened into confederation presidents Mohamed Bin Hammam of Asia, Blatter's only challenger in the Fifa presidential election on 1 June, and Jack Warner of Concacaf concerning a meeting of the Caribbean Football Union.

President Sepp Blatter has denied that Fifa is in crisis Blatter is also summoned to appear before the ethics committee hearing following a request from Bin Hammam because he may have been aware of the cash payments.

Bin Hammam withdraws his candidacy hours before the ethics committee hearing.

An ethics committee hearing clears Blatter but provisionally suspends Bin Hammam and Warner pending a further inquiry into claims they paid Caribbean delegates $40,000 (£24,250) each to vote for Bin Hammam in the election.

Fifa confirms that the 1 June election will go ahead with Blatter as the only candidate.

A leaked email from Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke claims Qatar had "bought" hosting rights for the 2022 World Cup. Qatar denies the claims and Valcke says his comments were misconstrued.

Blatter denies Fifa is in crisis and tells a news conference there was no case to answer against four Fifa executive committee members accused of corruption during a British parliamentary hearing. He also says there had been no evidence from the Sunday Times over allegations that Issa Hayatou and Jacques Anouma had been paid to vote for Qatar's World Cup bid.

The FA announces it will abstain from voting in the elections and, along with anti-corruption watchdog Transparency International, urges Fifa to postpone the presidential election because of a deepening corruption scandal.

Sponsors associated with Fifa, including Coca-Cola, Adidas, Emirates and Visa, express their concern at the damage allegations of corruption are causing world football's governing body.

Blatter warns of the dangers facing Fifa at the 61st Fifa Congress and says he will outline his plan to tackle the 'threat' when he opens the Congress agenda on 1 June.

June 2011

Concacaf general secretary Chuck Blazer, who made bribery claims against Fifa, survives an attempt to sack him. Lisle Austin, the acting president of Concacaf, had sent Blazer a letter saying he was "terminated as general secretary with immediate effect" only for Concacaf's executive committee to declare the sacking "unauthorised".

German football federation president Theo Zwanziger called for Fifa to re-examine the award of the 2022 World Cup to Qatar.

Suspended Asian Football Confederation president Mohamed Bin Hammam was denied entry to the Fifa congress after being unable to file his appeal.

A proposal by the English and Scottish Football Associations that the presidential vote should be delayed is defeated by 172 votes to 17, leaving Blatter as the only candidate standing and his appointment to a fourth term in office as a mere formality.

Addressing Fifa congress delegates, Blatter announces that in future, the location for World Cups will be decided by a congress vote, from a shortlist of candidates drawn up by the Executive Committee, but without any guidance or preference.

"I would like to show I am the one who is able to take on my the responibility football lays on my shoudlers and that you lay on my shoulders," said Blatter.

"I am ready and I can do it because I want to get the ship out of troubled waters and once again in a safe harbour so we can yet again build this pyramid whose base is national associations."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:56 pm

All of this along with what happened to Italian football does make you wonder what else is happening that isnt getting reported or hasnt been discovered yet.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:58 pm

jacdaniel wrote:All of this along with what happened to Italian football does make you wonder what else is happening that isnt getting reported or hasnt been discovered yet.

well i am sure more will come iver the next year, right now the FA have been made to look silly but in the end i am sure it will be seen as they were the onlt ones to know the truth.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Why isnt the German FA or French, Spanish etc.. calling him out like our FA? Are they all on the gravy train?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Reg wrote:Why isnt the German FA or French, Spanish etc.. calling him out like our FA? Are they all on the gravy train?

starting to look that way.
you have got to wonder what has been in it for them all the years he has been in charge. its been clear for many years that Fifa have had it in for any English club and we was never going to get the world cup with him there.

when we got voted out of Fifa in about 1976 i think, someone said that we had held football back. now it seem unless you take money under the table or offer money under the table you get nothing.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Sepp Blatter is part of the mob.  You heard it here first :D

It's absolutely ridiculous what's going on, and it's so obvious.  Seriously, they are making so much money with behind the scenes bull :censored:.

They claim to be shutting down all these match-fixing scandals, and I believe they do.. because those certain groups aren't paying to be allowed to fix matches. Call it conspiracy, but why haven't they made goal-line technology? Because that is the best manner in which refs can fix matches.. They give bull pens or count or don't count goals and offside and all that.  If FIFA takes that away, matches can't easily be fixed anymore and FIFA won't get paid by these groups who make billions fixing matches.

USA vs. Algeria- That match looked like it was fixed.  There's no way the ref could have accidentally messed up so many times.  Last year when we played Benfica away in Europa, that game was fixed and I know it was.  There's no way it wasn't.  Our goal called offside that wasn't, Babel being sent off when the other guy should have... It was garbage.

I'm not saying I fully believe FIFA are letting these things go, but at the same time I feel they are letting these things go. It's like one giant mafia-related thing.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:48 pm

The FA should just pull England out of FIFA. Obviously will have a knock on effect what with not being able to compete but it would send a clear message at least. They don't have the balls though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:57 pm

What a two faced and corrupt institution Fifa is.

Its like Ghaddafi!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:49 pm

metalhead wrote:What a two faced and corrupt institution Fifa is.

Its like Ghaddafi!

Was watching SSN this morning whilst getting ready for work and I think one of the papers actually likened him to Gaddaffi in the way he came out and said there was no crisis ect...

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:52 pm

I'd pull us out like, for the crack, feck them. They've been dodgy forever
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Greavesie wrote:I'd pull us out like, for the crack, feck them. They've been dodgy forever

The FA don't have the balls for that. They are gutless. Even that Berstein coming out saying this and that, no use saying it a few days before the election. The FA knew they wouldn't be able to affect anyone but didn't want to be seen to be doing nothing.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:29 pm

The whole game is corrupted. There are too many dodgy decisions on and off the pitch all over the world going on. Even our own FA have serious doubts about them. It was a nothing gesture from the FA as it was simply too late to make any kind of difference in the proceedings, but they had to "appear" to be doing something. But then again, its nothing new for the FA to be spineless is it?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:41 am

you know what... when my friend was furious about the Korea Italy match in 2002 world cup and said that FIFA wanted Korea to win, I was laughing at him thinking he over-reacted. Now I'm not sure anymore...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:40 am

And its only going to get worse, blatters successor will probably be Platini !

He :censored: hates the english, is jealous of the premeireship and im sure with his new foumd powers he will attack the english game.

:censored: foreigners :D
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:28 am

going by twitter post the FA are seen as dirt now by Fifa.
they wouls love it if we was to pull out of Fifa.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion