Fifa - What do you think!

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:50 am

Its allllllllllllllllllllllll politics. Its got bugger-all to do with sport as such. Too much money at stake.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:00 am

maguskwt wrote:you know what... when my friend was furious about the Korea Italy match in 2002 world cup and said that FIFA wanted Korea to win, I was laughing at him thinking he over-reacted. Now I'm not sure anymore...

Look at the Ireland vs France World Cup qualifier.  First, with 1 or 2 group games left to play, the rules were changed to suit the "Bigger" countries.  The play offs were changed to suit the seeded teams...the bigger countries.  Obviously the bigger countries offer the chance to make more money at the competition.

As a result, Ireland were drawn against France.  The officials let the goal stand in extra time after Henry clearly handled the ball twice in the build up.

All talk of a replay was quickly brushed aside.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:37 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
maguskwt wrote:you know what... when my friend was furious about the Korea Italy match in 2002 world cup and said that FIFA wanted Korea to win, I was laughing at him thinking he over-reacted. Now I'm not sure anymore...

Look at the Ireland vs France World Cup qualifier.  First, with 1 or 2 group games left to play, the rules were changed to suit the "Bigger" countries.  The play offs were changed to suit the seeded teams...the bigger countries.  Obviously the bigger countries offer the chance to make more money at the competition.

As a result, Ireland were drawn against France.  The officials let the goal stand in extra time after Henry clearly handled the ball twice in the build up.

All talk of a replay was quickly brushed aside.

bbc are working on a show called top twenty most bizarre football results.
Think it will be on around the start of the new season, Richard Bacon is said to be the host.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:11 pm

mrt

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:24 pm

FIFA 12 looks good
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:47 am

I agree with Diego... he says it like it is :D

The irrepressible football legend Diego Maradona said yesterday that the corruption and match-fixing scandals blighting the game will continue for as long as Fifa, the game's international governing body, is run by "dinosaurs".

The Argentine, famous not only for his remarkable skills but also for a turbulent career, said Fifa had been badly run over the years. He also attacked last week's re-election of the Fifa's president, Sepp Blatter, whom he dismissed as a man "who has never kicked a football".

Maradona was speaking in Dubai, where he has signed a contract to manage a local club. He hasn't coached since leading Argentina to last summer's World Cup quarter-finals, but his country's standing in the game suggests that their 4-1 shock thrashing by Nigeria on Wednesday was, to put it mildly, out of character. Sure enough, Fifa yesterday announced it would be investigating the match after betting patterns suggested it was targeted by match-fixers.

It is the latest and highest-profile match yet to attract suspicion and "was one that we had an active interest in, and forms part of a wider ongoing Fifa investigation," it said from its Zurich base on Saturday. The organisation was "working closely" with its betting monitoring agency, Early Warning System, which tracks wagers placed with more than 400 operators.

Hours before the kick-off in Abuja on Wednesday, Fifa President Sepp Blatter launched his "Zero Tolerance" campaign to stop corruption in football. Fifa's 208 member nations also passed new rules to control the organisation of international matches, including the power to veto referee appointments.

Referee Ibrahim Chaibou of Niger awarded two penalties – one to each side – in Wednesday's game. Nigeria took a 2-0 lead with a 26th minute spot-kick. Five minutes of stoppage time was announced at the end of normal time in the match, with play continuing until the 98th minute when Argentina scored with another penalty kick from Mauro Boselli. There was no suggestion that players from either team were involved in manipulating the match result.

Fifa has hired former FBI director Louis Freeh's investigations agency to gather evidence following allegations that Mohamed bin Hammam and Jack Warner offered $40,000 (£24,000) bribes to voters during the presidential campaign. Fifa's ethics committee will summon the two suspended senior officials to a full inquiry expected to be held next month.

Freeh's investigators will interview Caribbean Football Union officials who allegedly were offered bribes at a meeting in Warner's native Trinidad to back bin Hammam's Fifa presidential bid. Bin Hammam withdrew his candidacy last Sunday, hours before Fifa's ethics panel provisionally suspended him and Fifa vice-president Warner. They deny arranging bribes. Blatter, cleared by the ethics panel of turning a blind eye to intended corruption, was re-elected unopposed on Wednesday.

Blatter, it emerged last night, is likely to be among a large contingent of Fifa bosses set to receive some of the most sought-after tickets to events at the London Olympics, including the men's 100 metres sprint final.

The scandal at Fifa broke when Chuck Blazer, the US representative on Fifa's ruling panel, delivered a file of evidence including witness statements from four CFU member countries. Blazer has told the Associated Press that "much more evidence" would emerge.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:20 am

Business as usual for Blatter. Tw@t.

Sepp Blatter will not start 2022 Qatar World Cup probe

Monday, 6 June 2011 20:48 UK

Re-elected Fifa President Sepp Blatter will not initiate an investigation into Qatar's successful bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

But the Swiss added he would not block Fifa's ethics or solutions committees should either body want an inquiry.

Qatar's victory is under scrutiny after an email from a Fifa official emerged claiming the event had been "bought".

"I don't know why we should go in [on Qatar] - then we shall go to all [World Cup hosts]," Blatter told CNN.

The controversy around the Qatar bid team's victory was fuelled when suspended Fifa vice-president Jack Warner made public an email from general secretary Jerome Valcke.

Continue reading the main story I don't know why we should open something because somebody has said something towards Qatar
Sepp Blatter
Valcke subsequently claimed he had used the word "bought" casually in reference to the financial clout of Qatar's bid and was not suggesting any impropriety.

The Sunday Times newspaper had previously claimed that Fifa executive committee members Issa Hayatou and Jacques Anouma were paid $1.5m [£916,000] to vote for the Gulf state.

Blatter, who secured his fourth term as Fifa president unopposed after being cleared by the body's ethics committee of any knowledge of any alleged bribery, is unconvinced by the evidence against Qatar.

"I don't know why we should open something because somebody has said something towards Qatar," he added.

"If this committee of solutions or the ethics committee have the impression that they should do something then let them take the decisions."

Opera great Placido Domingo, along with former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff, feature on the new solutions committee that is part of Blatter's response to allegations of corruption.

"These gentlemen are more or less advisers," explained Blatter.

"What they should be also is the kind of council of wisdom - which my executive committee would not like because they think they are the council of wisdom."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:44 pm

I see the whistleblower has now retractedher statement and claimed it was all lies about bribes from Qatar and the FIFA officials.

I wonder how much she was paid to do that ???
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Boocity wrote:I see the whistleblower has now retractedher statement and claimed it was all lies about bribes from Qatar and the FIFA officials.

I thought threatened but yours is more plausable  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:04 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Boocity wrote:I see the whistleblower has now retractedher statement and claimed it was all lies about bribes from Qatar and the FIFA officials.

Actually I think yours is Greave.. Since FIFA is basically ran by mobbers I figure her life was threatened.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:20 pm

ethanr wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

Actually I think yours is Greave.. Since FIFA is basically ran by mobbers I figure her life was threatened.

glad I'm not the only cynic on the boards mate  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Boocity » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Greavesie wrote:
ethanr wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

glad I'm not the only cynic on the boards mate  :D

Probably threatened by FIFA and paid off by Qatar  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Don't worry, she's made her point and that will be taken into consideration for whats its worth, retraction or not. Corrupt barstools.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion