Gerrard vs alonso - On wednesday

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby luvliverpool » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:36 am

I have tomorrow off so looking forward to the game.............c'mon Spain!!!!! :)
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:07 am

I want a 1-1 result.

Goals scored by Gerrard and Alonso.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:52 am

50-yarder from Alonso past that Manc-scum Foster, after a mistake from the other 2 Manc-scummers.

Gerrard to hit an equally stunning effort if past Casillas, but if it's Pepe, I want him to take Gary B*stard Neville out with a puch-clearance, then the parrot-nosed faggot to trip Reina up as Stevie hit's a spectacular curler. That way, no LFC player is at fault.

But the Manc scum are blamed for everything.

B*stards.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:40 am

Sabre wrote:Given the stick Pennant received here, I wonder if Shaun Wright Phillips is THAT good? for what I've seen nothing too impressive, but then, I don't know him well.

I actually think SWP is a better footballer than Jermaine Pennant.
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:13 am

Spain team to play England: Iker Casillas; Sergio Ramos, Pablo, Carles Puyol, Joan Capdevila; David Albelda, Andres Iniesta, Xavi, David Silva; David Villa, Fernando Morientes.

No Xabi which is great for Liverpool, although obviously disapointing for Xabi. Morientes instead of Torres is another surprise. The Spanish team looks a little better balanced than Englands but they havent got Stevie Gerrard so I think it may be a draw.
account deleted by request

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:23 am

Payback!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:42 am

Spain team to play England: Iker Casillas; Sergio Ramos, Pablo, Carles Puyol, Joan Capdevila; David Albelda, Andres Iniesta, Xavi, David Silva; David Villa, Fernando Morientes.

No Xabi which is great for Liverpool, although obviously disapointing for Xabi. Morientes instead of Torres is another surprise. The Spanish team looks a little better balanced than Englands but they havent got Stevie Gerrard so I think it may be a draw.

Aragones has lost the notion of reality. Albelda's past his best, and in his best he was much worse than Alonso. But he's a man of his confidence and there he is. Iniesta and Xabi are two creative, though weak players for the middle of the park. :angry: That won't work.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:04 am

It's years since i began to distrust EVERY coach in the world...I don't know why but, when everybody think a player doesn't work and there is another one that is much better than him in the same position...the coach will think he knows much more about football than the rest of the world and will play the first one. specially when talking about national teams this comes true. Theoretically, this idea of playing Albelda always came to Luis' mind after clash against France, when he realized we needed a "strong and experienced man" in the middle...I always fear that kind of revelations coaches have, cos it means that Albelda will be 36, retired but going on as Spanish "brain".
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:17 pm

alot of valencia players in the spanish line-up
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:18 pm

What a miss by Nando! :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:20 pm

A lot old Valencia players. Angulo is not among the best Spaniard footballers whatsoever. He's just been a squad player at Valencia always. But Aragones paranoia makes him to pick his confidence friends.

Boring match, boring Spanish midfield. Nice play the one of Morientes, but the ball bounced just before the final touch. The movement was nice.

Albelda, as you see, is a defensive midfielder in it's most defensive version. Distribution wise he just passes short and with no risks. Xabi then has to go down the pitch, and the Spanish game is dull.

I think ENgland is going to win, because Spain with that formation is shíte´

I don't like Spanish kit, we look fúcking manchester united.  :angry:

McLaren should watch more LFC games in order to learn how to defend. He's giving us too much space.

Bad game.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:39 pm

We are playing :censored: as usual with lack of imagination, Crouch is made to look rubbish because he cant play up front by himself as millions of people around the world know.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:46 pm

Of course he can play alone. But stopping England is about Stopping Carrick, and he's not Alonso. If you press him, Gerrard and Lampard don't see much of the ball and neither does Crouch. The first time Gerrard got the ball in his position, the first goal chance.

Spain has pretty much the same problem. Albelda doesn't distribute the ball well enough, Xabi goes down, and there's then too much distance with the front men. We only make trouble when a difficult individual play is made, but our colective game is shíte.

England has been dispossesed of the ball too easily. Both managers have lot of work to do with their team.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:50 pm

Friendly or not...its been a hard game to watch!

Like watching paint dry :no
66-1120597113

Postby weringo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:59 pm

Yay Gerrard is coming off
weringo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion