Euro qualifiers - england post mortem here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:21 pm

I too hope England qualify - as I've already posted in this thread (and ignored by somebody who said I'm always anti-english :D )

I think football fans like to see the big countries in these tournaments - sure the odd upset is good but England,France,Germany,Spain,Italy are really the big teams in football terms and should ensure that they qualify for all the tournaments.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:24 pm

Good luck Scotland tomorrow and hopefully Isreal do everyone a favour and beat the Russians. Otherwise its going to be a long boring summer!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:52 pm

Austria 0-1 England

Peter Crouch scored, Owen went off injured with a thigh strain ???
destro

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:01 pm

Arrrrr poor Michael.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mgabby » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:01 pm

Well, I am going to the Israel-Russia game tomorrow.
Being an Israeli Liverpool supporter for some 27 years (since Avi Cohen moved from my team, Maccabi Tel Aviv to LFC) I beacame also an England fan.
Israel is off course my "first" team, but since we don't happen to qulify to the Euro or world cup too often  :laugh:  (we have only been to WC Mexico 1970) - every one in Israel has a "second" team to support in those events.

So mine is England. I even went to the world cup last year (seen the paraguay 2-0 game at frankfurt).

So tomorrow, I am wearing my Englend official shirt, and going to support Israel ....

In the last few days we have heard here in Israel all the atempts made by English fans/supporters to make our team motivated to game.
I got to tell you it looks bad and stupid from here ...
I mean, do you think tickets for a Barbara Streisend will make our players more motivated ? those players make enough money to buy tickets  :D  Tal Ben Haim is making 65,000 quid a week.... does he need that kind of motivation?
Our goal keeper plays at Racing Santender (1st Spanish league). I think he can afford to BUY tickets.

To promise a Mercedes to the goal scorer? are you nuts? So now a young player in a good position will prefer to try to score alone than to pass the ball to someone in a better position.... nice work ...  :angry:

Israel might not be the best team in the world  :(  BUT at home we drew 0-0 with England. We even drew 1-1 in Russia in the first leg. In Last WC qualifing games we drew both the home AND away games with France, Ireland and Switzerland. We missed the playoff by one goal  :(
The coach was by the way Avram (who) Grant ...

So .......... don't lose your hope!
My prediction is a 1-1, so YOU will have to do the job against Croatia.

BTW, at the game against England I was sitting near a LFC legand... here is the pic.
mgabby

Postby mgabby » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:05 pm

here it is ...
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

mgabby

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:06 pm

Austria 0 England 1

Crouch saves England.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:09 pm

destro wrote:Austria 0-1 England

Peter Crouch scored, Owen went off injured with a thigh strain ???

I don't like injuries, but this one will prevent him from playing against Liverpool, right?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:19 pm

mgabby- It must have been great to meet a liverpool legend!  I'm so  jealous.  Hope you have fun in Israel it's such a great place, but you're not going to like the score.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:42 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:mgabby- It must have been great to meet a liverpool legend!  I'm so  jealous.  Hope you have fun in Israel it's such a great place, but you're not going to like the score.

Beat Israel and eliminate England.

Manhattan will be amused.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:57 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Austria 0 England 1

Crouch saves England.

Crouch makes a mockery of the whole friendly more like. He added another notch to his goals tally against weak opposition and proved, together with Owen's injury, that the friendly was a waste of time, ill advised trip.

Why it was a waste of a friendly

- Austria, and it pains me to say this, are third rate. Croatia are a much better side, Crouch only scores against weak to moderate sides and this simply confirms the pointlessness

- We were only running the risk of injury, Owen went off and McClueless risked several others

- we could have used this friendly to try new players and formations, instead Carson was about the only new face and the old guard were rolled out for a pointless exhibition which probably pleased Austrians more than it did the English

- the players will all have cared more about the results today in the qualifiers than the outcome of last night's kickabout, I'd have rather they went to the U21s game instead

- we talk about burnout constantly, the players could have had a full and proper rest, especially as a lot of teams and players only played last Sunday, and been fully recharged for the game against Croatia. Now the players are either out or going to have 90 mins of pointless running around to add to accumulated fatigue - even if they only put about 35% into it

- it COULD have been a morale boosting thrashing of Austria, instead we barely scraped a 1-0 and even the scots managed that last time they played Austria. Austria have only qualifed for ONE tournament since 1990, they aren't even finishing third in their group most of the time and we beat them 1-0 in unconvincing 'style'

- if anything all that we did learn last night is Austria are poor, we still play poorly and a lot of the players are over-rated. What on earth did McClueless recall Beckham for? Maybe there's something in his mind, and some naive England fans, that thinks we're struggling because he left out Beckham and Lampard in some games. I think last night PROVED England can be equally ineffective with or without Beckham and Lampard. England has enough quality in the team not to need to bring in the primadonnas, only adds to their ego - primadonnas to the rescue!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:03 pm

What a great atmosphere at the Scotland game. :censored: me Italy have just scored after 60 seconds
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:37 pm

Scotland are creating chances but italy look like they could break any min and score
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:16 pm

Israel are winning  :)
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:24 pm

GOAL Scotland 1-1
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext