Euro qualifiers - england post mortem here

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby babu » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:25 am

Another good result from England. Really don't know why Russia played so flat.

Ashley Cole is still pretty shit

Good one Scotland !!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:54 pm

Cole is really struggling and seems to have been for ages.
The amount of times England work him into a good position only for him to hit the first man with his cross is unbelievable.
I would rather have Bridge personally although he doesnt have Coles pace he uses the ball far better.

It winds me up so much when i see Phil Neville a) in the squad and b) then getting on the pitch, an absolute joke it is, there are about 30 midfielders in the premiership that could do a better job as a squad player.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:58 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:It winds me up so much when i see Phil Neville a) in the squad and b) then getting on the pitch, an absolute joke it is, there are about 30 midfielders in the premiership that could do a better job as a squad player.

Its hilarious, he comes on with 20 mins to go, the game is in the bag. And he starts his finger pointing and ordering everyone around.

:angry:

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:03 pm

babu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:It winds me up so much when i see Phil Neville a) in the squad and b) then getting on the pitch, an absolute joke it is, there are about 30 midfielders in the premiership that could do a better job as a squad player.

Its hilarious, he comes on with 20 mins to go, the game is in the bag. And he starts his finger pointing and ordering everyone around.

:angry:

Seriously mate, he is garbage and a liability. Against Isreal he came on...i said to me mate....lets see how long it takes him to concede a freekick with a stupid tackle.
Within 30 seconds he mowed someone down in the middle of the pitch conceding a freekick that allowed Isreal to get the ball into our box.
It is an absolute disgrace that he has over 50 caps, then you get the likes of Gareth Barry with 2 or 3.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:32 pm

I thought Barry played really well, and I've just read the thread about him in LFC general discussion. Where Gerrard said he 'felt comfortable' playing alongside him. Take the subtle hint Ginger and carry that partnership on, f.cuk Lampard he's well overaated and doesnt give us the balance in Midfield required.

I think Rio Ferdinand is a bit of a liability at times too, the cocky lacklustered player that he is, his concerntration levels are lower than that of a kid diagnosed with ADD !

Robinson is a S.hit goalie too, its like watching third division keepers who just lump it out of their hands all game long, and end up losing possesion. You can throw it to your teamates " Robbo " Watch Reina for lessons.  :nod
66-1112520797

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:33 pm

Bamaga man wrote:I thought Barry played really well, and I've just read the thread about him in LFC general discussion. Where Gerrard said he 'felt comfortable' playing alongside him. Take the subtle hint Ginger and carry that partnership on, f.cuk Lampard he's well overaated and doesnt give us the balance in Midfield required.

I think Rio Ferdinand is a bit of a liability at times too, the cocky lacklustered player that he is, his concerntration levels are lower than that of a kid diagnosed with ADD !

Robinson is a S.hit goalie too, its like watching third division keepers who just lump it out of their hands all game long, and end up losing possesion. You can throw it to your teamates " Robbo " Watch Reina for lessons.  :nod

Agree on both counts mate, Ferdinand is an accident waiting to happen with his supposed composure being his weakness as he is far to ponderous at times.
Robinson doesnt command his box at all, watch him closley when crosses come into the box, he is like a statue rooted to his line. Not a good keeper at all, James is the best of a bunch imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:24 pm

Barry is an Excellent player always said it from the 1st time i ever see him play. Steve Mclaren has done well with his tactics Keeping Robbo Barry and Heskey aginst Russia they all played well.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby jeffiroquai » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:28 pm

Classic commentary on the Soccernet gamecast yesterday:

"58 min- It isn't very often you cover your eyes when Ferdinand is involved but he is making Titus Bramble look like Bobby Moore at the moment"

:D
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:36 pm

the biggest dilemma is rooney for me. lampard is a no brainer. barry is a far superior footballer who can actually dictate the pace of a game, rather than putting his own personal glory ahead of the team all the time.

the thing is, rooney is a fabulously talented footballer. the england team should be built around him and gerrard. however i don't think rooney gels that well with owen. as proven in the past, for owen to excel he needs to play with a big centre forward.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gr8 LFC Fan » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:18 pm

I thought last night was the best we have played in a long time. All we needed to do was get rid of Lampard. So now everything works out well for Engalnd. Just Estonia left, which we shoud win, with keeping the same tactics and formation :)
You win sum and you lose sum that is what life is all about
Gr8 LFC Fan

Postby destro » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:27 pm

I wonder if McClaren has got the balls to leave out Rooney, Lampard,Hargreves, Beckham, Neville when they are all fit for selection.From the bits I have seen of the last two games Gareth Barry looks like he has been in the team for ages, and Richards just goes from strength to strength, and Owen the injury prone, not good enough for us has been is back to doing what he does better than anyone, scoring goals.

To be honest though I couldn't care less if if they win the thing or not
destro

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:30 am

Come on Russia, it's revenge time!
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby tithead » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:58 pm

Oh please, some of the Ferdinand bashing in here is cringeworthy. He is by far England's best CB. His calmness, ability and experience are invaluable to the team, along with his many other assets. England haven't conceded many goals yet he is still getting accused of playing :censored:. It is quite simply bias.

Lampard would make a good player to come of the bench, gets forward well, isn't afraid to take a shot and has a good goal scoring record. Barry and Gerrard for CM.

Agree that the team should be built around Rooney and Gerrard, the two most talented players in the team. Also agree that he doesn't gel with Owen and for that reason alone Owen should be dropped. Injury prone, selfish and minimal work rate compared to a team player, works for the full 90 mins and not (as) injury prone. England need another striker such as Defoe (if he could get games at Spurs) who has proven at club level he can score.
tithead

Postby tithead » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:33 pm

England team: Robinson; Richards, Ferdinand, Campbell, Lescott; Wright-Phillips, Gerrard, Barry, J Cole; Rooney, Owen.

Subs: James, Shorey, L Young, Lampard, P Neville, Downing, Crouch.
tithead

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:27 pm

shrek gave a way a penalty...russia scored...i cheered and think people are gonna beat me up now :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion