England vs equador - Prelude and aftermath

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby GOAT » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:if england did win the world cup it would be siastrous for football everywhere

what? Yeah there will be million crying on the streets if england win the world cup... what a disaster! ???
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby stoney » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:58 pm

What a load of cack!
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:58 pm

goat, look at our style of football, its horrible. how can englands way of playing be good for the game? its boring, and its just not very good. I'll be piling on holland or portugal in the next round
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:03 pm

dawson99 wrote:goat, look at our style of football, its horrible. how can englands way of playing be good for the game? its boring, and its just not very good. I'll be piling on holland or portugal in the next round

Yeah, maybe, but its still England! No matter how they play im still going to support them.. Its the same as liverpool, so if liverpool played poor throughout the next cl you wouldnt be supporting them to win it and you would see it as disasterous if they did? I see it in the same way really, although i support liverpool first of course.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:19 pm

why no crouch, sven needs to get banged by a car to have his head fixed, if becks didnt scored i wonder what could happen. Lampard is :censored: , stevieG passes to him so often that idiot just waste it. Gerrard should just go straight and shoot ignore that idiot
onizukaeikichi

Postby weringo » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:24 pm

Lampard is :censored:
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:31 pm

With that style of play England are gonna be lucky to get the game into extra-time in the next round. Portugal and Holland might not have been outstanding during the tournament but by god will they be looking at england and thinking privately that the 1/4 final is going to be as good as a free ticket to the semi's. :(

It's perfectly clear to everybody that Gerrard and Lampard can't play together and it's about time sven fropped old fatty. I lost count today how many times Lampard either got in Gerrards way or took a shot at goal that went high and wide when Stevie was clearly the better option. :angry:  Last season thebest midfield in the league was undoubtedly Liverpool's and maybe it's time that the swede took note that possibly the best player at his disposal is being hindered by that fat cockney lump (no offence to our cockney friends BTW!). It would benefit the team and our hopes alot more to put a defensive minded midfielder in there with gerrard than to put in a player that does have ability but is nowhere near the level of gerrard just because he plays for the league champions. It's not rocket science as it's been disussed many times already during this tournament.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:39 pm

Lampard is showing in this tournament how over-rated he is, a truly top class player would be looking to score at least once from all the chances fat frank lampard junior has had. Its not like hes in difficult positions from which to score from either.

I'd fu.ck becks off aswell as fat frank, lennon gives more pace, more direction and more width. I'd say england would stretch teams alot more with lennon in the team than becks. Hes only in the team for his set pieces which is TBH ludicrous.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:44 pm

Lionheart wrote:Sorry guys, I think England will be on their way home after this match. I'd like to think it will be different but I have seen nothing that could persuade me to think England can beat an Ecuadorian side that will probably run the English boys ragged...especially those that are lacking match fitness.

Red card for Rooney (he won't be able to contain his frustration). Just why does Sven treat this lad like he is something approaching God status??

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Stick to Aussie rules yer wazzock .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby weringo » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:51 pm

I wouldn't take off Becks just yet, I think its a good option to have him on for 65 mins and then bring lennon on to give the full backs some trouble when theyre tired. If Lennon started the game I don't think he would have the same impact
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:25 pm

I just think we are shít nothing more nothing less.Felt that way since the last world cup in 2002.In 2001
we beat Germany 5-1 away and i thought we could be on to something here with this swedish bloke,nothing ever since convinced me.I think how we have played in friendlys and games like Northern Ireland over the last 5 years where the manager would change 11 players etc and play players out of position and he has cost 5m a year for feck all.The most concerning part though is his right hand man most of the time has been Mclaren who if he  has had any input at all with training or pitch side tactics is the new England manager.............fecking god help us.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:58 pm

drummerphil wrote:I just think we are shít nothing more nothing less.Felt that way since the last world cup in 2002.In 2001
we beat Germany 5-1 away and i thought we could be on to something here with this swedish bloke,nothing ever since convinced me.I think how we have played in friendlys and games like Northern Ireland over the last 5 years where the manager would change 11 players etc and play players out of position and he has cost 5m a year for feck all.The most concerning part though is his right hand man most of the time has been Mclaren who if he  has had any input at all with training or pitch side tactics is the new England manager.............fecking god help us.

I agree Phil.  England were woeful today, but having said that it's another poor performance and another win.  Germany played like this at the last world cup and got to the final.  I don't know about anyone else but I find it so surreal that England are winning games and playing this badly that I'm starting to get the feeling that luck is with them this year - Ecuador hit the bar from what seemed a certain goal and then Beckham scores a free kick despite being the worst player on the pitch today - you never know.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:44 pm

F.uck me... how the f.uck have we got so far in this world cup?  We are by far the worse team I have seen in the whole of the competition so far... I didn't even cheer when Beckham scored his fluke, I honestly thought it was saved.  Rooney tried and I thought Ashley Cole was ok but the rest of the team was f.ucking dire... even Stevie.  What a f.ucking disaster.. I cannot believe we've got through to the quarters.
PhiLFC

Postby GOAT » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:01 pm

john craig wrote:
drummerphil wrote:I just think we are shít nothing more nothing less.Felt that way since the last world cup in 2002.In 2001

I agree Phil.  England were woeful today, but having said that it's another poor performance and another win.  Germany played like this at the last world cup and got to the final.  I don't know about anyone else but I find it so surreal that England are winning games and playing this badly that I'm starting to get the feeling that luck is with them this year - Ecuador hit the bar from what seemed a certain goal and then Beckham scores a free kick despite being the worst player on the pitch today - you never know.

Thats exactly what i think, even though we're playing sh.ite i just feel like this is our tournament with everything going our way so far. Portugal have beaten holland 1-0 with 4 players sent off. We play scholari again for the 3rd time on saturday, an exact rematch of euro 2004, is it fate that we will win this time?
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Alonso14 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:11 pm

Ill put money on England beating these guys. No Deco, and one would argue that fate is on our side against big phil now, 3rd time lucky?

Come on GERRARD!!!
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion