International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby AussieKopite » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:33 pm

DESTROY THEM ALL!!! :D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:36 pm

0asis wrote:I think it's unfair that Henry is taking so much flak for diving, as John sed, many players do it nowadays, even the likes of Henry, Garcia and Gerrard dive. Cheating is a big part of today's football, you'll just have to accept it. And to be fair to Henry, I can see why he did cheat and that was to get Arogones where it hurts the most after his comments on Henry a while ago.

Bey Henry is one of the most vocal players when it comes to diving and cheating. Whenever Arsenal lose Henry will be the first to say it was down to the diving and cheating of the opposition.

So yes, Henry does deserve the stick he gets
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:41 pm

people cheat in all walks of life. FACT and will continue to do so FACT its part and parcel of sport now so the powers that be have there work cut out trying to stop it.
the first thing they must do is let refs think for themselves and not referee games like Sepp Blatter decides.
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby bng89 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:19 am

LFC #1 wrote:
bng89 wrote:Australia got knocked out by a dive. Why don't FIFA do anything- because they are corrupt

What are FIFA going to do? replay the whole game and throw the World Cup schedule into chaos. :no

Teams get hard done by often, Italy shouldn't have had Materazzi sent off for starters.

Inept maybe, but corrupt? I'm not sure you know what the word means.

If that sort of thing happened in a game between Brazil and Argentina the ref would have never given a penalty. FIFA want the 'top teams' (Germany, Argentina, France, Brazil, England, Portugal) to be in it to the death- they dnt want fuking underdogs.
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:08 am

bng89 wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
bng89 wrote:Australia got knocked out by a dive. Why don't FIFA do anything- because they are corrupt

What are FIFA going to do? replay the whole game and throw the World Cup schedule into chaos. :no

Teams get hard done by often, Italy shouldn't have had Materazzi sent off for starters.

Inept maybe, but corrupt? I'm not sure you know what the word means.

If that sort of thing happened in a game between Brazil and Argentina the ref would have never given a penalty. FIFA want the 'top teams' (Germany, Argentina, France, Brazil, England, Portugal) to be in it to the death- they dnt want fuking underdogs.

If that were true, Materazzi never would never have got a straight red.

This kind of blows your "theory" out of the water I'm afraid.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:37 pm

I say, in not order to interrupt play during the game, let the referee's decision be final during the course of the match. The cheats need to be addressed after the game. Let the opposition have recourse to file a complaint to the relevant authorities. If found guilty, then automatic 3 match ban as suggested by Dawson. For 2nd time  offenders, another 3 match ban and a fine of 50,000 quid for player AND  1 point deduction for the club. (That should sort out the lying cheats at Chelski)

If it still happens again..... then just shoot or hang them all!!!!

:D
ConnO'var

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:54 pm

ConnO'var wrote:I say, in not order to interrupt play during the game, let the referee's decision be final during the course of the match. The cheats need to be addressed after the game. Let the opposition have recourse to file a complaint to the relevant authorities. If found guilty, then automatic 3 match ban as suggested by Dawson. For 2nd time  offenders, another 3 match ban and a fine of 50,000 quid for player AND  1 point deduction for the club. (That should sort out the lying cheats at Chelski)

Typical weak liberal view there ConnO.  :D
account deleted by request

Postby clik » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:04 pm

cheats should be made to watch Everton for ninety mins without turning away:laugh:
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:39 pm

s@int wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:I say, in not order to interrupt play during the game, let the referee's decision be final during the course of the match. The cheats need to be addressed after the game. Let the opposition have recourse to file a complaint to the relevant authorities. If found guilty, then automatic 3 match ban as suggested by Dawson. For 2nd time  offenders, another 3 match ban and a fine of 50,000 quid for player AND  1 point deduction for the club. (That should sort out the lying cheats at Chelski)

Typical weak liberal view there ConnO.  :D

Yeah.... all my friends say I'm too soft hearted...

:D  :D
ConnO'var

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:37 pm

I feel for the referees, solely because of this tournament. They have done there best to clamp down on diving and ive lost count of how many players have suffered because of it but the fact remains, no matter how harsh a referee punishes every dive, players are always going to do it. Its a shame because it really does cheat genuine teams because they are playing better than the ones who need to cheat. The only solution is video evidence but that will never be used simply because if you take controversy from the game then you wont get real shocks in european football will you?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:01 am

Just thought I'd say:

The way Carvalho went down rolling over holding his b0llocks today was discraceful

Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby radun5 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:34 am

My point is : since video evidence is already used for banning (in case of players hitting each other and not being spotted by the referee), I would be for banning cheaters and divers (yellow cards for diving in the penalty area, red cards for diving in order to get somebody sent off) and to cancel the bans in case the referee redcarded a player with no fault.

Seeing people rolling on the floor is a disgrace, and also is seeing players showing imaginary cards to the referee (therefore trying to influence him). Some players' minds seem to be more on this kind of stupid things, instead of eyeing the ball.

I propose we start a poll concerning this ... maybe a petition to FIFA might also help.
radun5

Postby coolsobs » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:09 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Just thought I'd say:

The way Carvalho went down rolling over holding his b0llocks today was discraceful

i swear he got up a bit too early, i mean i swear his balls should have been caning for days. Something's not quite right with his balls ???
coolsobs

Postby mitch22 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:00 pm

thought tonights game was played very professionally no signs of what this thread was started on
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:52 pm

The FA could easily get it out of the English game. 10 game ban for any player the video panel find guilty of diving.

problem (domestically) solved.

Why no media pressure on the FA for this?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion