A-league bans divers

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Raoul » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:35 am

After a couple of incidents this week the Australian league has given two players two week bans for diving. The best thing about it is that these bans were given retrospectively based on video footage.

About time someone starting doing this, about the best thing the powers that be could do for the game is to work on stopping players diving.

The Aussies might not have it working perfectly yet, but I'd much rather hear UEFA or FIFA talking about doing this than goal line technology or 5 officials. It would stamp the practice out overnight I reckon.

Here is a brief report. There is plenty more to read if you Google it.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:32 pm

power to the Aussies, nice of them to get smart.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:58 pm

good call from the Ozzys, and it would eliminate it to a point. You would still get some players going down, in the hope they'd get a penalty in a cup final or something.

I would also automatically book players who try and get people sent off by for waving imaginary cards.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:13 pm

Why not have a 10 game ban? diving is the worst thing in football and it is easy to get rid of.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion