Champions League 2012/13

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:46 am

Exactly.

The reality is it wasn't a red card, any team would feel hard done by if they lost a player like that.

But the harsh truth is finally Man Utd are at the wrong end of a critical refereeing decision, Fergie must be fuming that his reach into the refereeing organisation doesn't extend beyond the borders of the FA.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:47 am

Couldn't give a rats....f**k the Scum. Delighted they got a taste of their own medicine :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Entourage » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 am

Letter of the law its a red card, the thing that makes me laugh is there was still 30 minutes left when Michael Jackson got sent off. Straight away Mourinho put Modric on, what did Ferguson do? Sit there moaning and looking a bitter old man. He didn't think to put Jonny Evans on or put a more capable defensive player in Antonio Valencia. The old T*ss*r got it wrong, so don't complain.

So happy they are out and I pray that Ferguson never matches Sir Bobs 3 European Cups!

Anyone else see Xabi Alonso's fist pump to the United fans? Loved that.
Entourage
LFC Basic Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Entourage » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 am wrote:Letter of the law its a red card, the thing that makes me laugh is there was still 30 minutes left when Michael Jackson got sent off. Straight away Mourinho put Modric on, what did Ferguson do? Sit there moaning and looking a bitter old man. He didn't think to put Jonny Evans on or put a more capable defensive player in Antonio Valencia. The old T*ss*r got it wrong, so don't complain.

So happy they are out and I pray that Ferguson never matches Sir Bobs 3 European Cups!

Anyone else see Xabi Alonso's fist pump to the United fans? Loved that.

No letter of the law states that excessive force is required for a red card. The referee has to decide whether Nani's attempt to take the ball out of the air with a high foot (risking high contact if a collision happens) is deemed as "excessive force". Most ref's would not deem that as excessive, but we all know that continental referees take a minimal contact approach, so maybe in hindsight the decision wasn't surprising.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Listening to Maureen gush over Utd was sickening. Is he not the most insincere man in football? "If utd had eleven we would not have won, I know that" WTF ??? How can he honestly say that. The man is such a fake! Since Utd are out it now becomes anyone but Real for the CL
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Entourage » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Well according to Collina he said the Ref was spot on to send Nani off and he's the man who knows and I doubt he is just saying it to protect the Ref, Collina doesn't seem like that.

I would be fuming if a Liverpool player got sent off for that but are you really that surprised he has? In this day and age you can't be surprised at them kind of decisions. I shown a Youtube video on Twitter last night of Eboue being sent off for Arsenal for the exact same challenge that Nani did and that was against Man United, things even themselves out, thats Football.
Entourage
LFC Basic Member

Postby laza » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:02 pm

kazza » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:15 pm wrote:Listening to Maureen gush over Utd was sickening. Is he not the most insincere man in football? "If utd had eleven we would not have won, I know that" WTF ??? How can he honestly say that. The man is such a fake! Since Utd are out it now becomes anyone but Real for the CL

Yeah I read a bit of that and thought there is a man whose mind is on his next job position not his current one
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:15 pm

deserved a sending off...dissappointed the ref didn't give that freakish ferdinand a red for his pathetic display at the end.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:16 pm

I think the sending off is one of those that could easily been a yellow on another day but I don't care.

So many times these decisions go their way, whether it is a penalty or an opponent being sent off for a debatable challenge (Shelvey), that it is about time they were badly affected by one.

The fact that they are going so mental over it is because it is alien to them.  This is what other teams put up with all the time (Suarez last minute disallowed winner vs Everton).

I had a quick look at Red Cafe, and the amazing thing is that they are all claiming that before that they were cruising.

Well, RM have 65% possession, and Utd had scored from a fluke own goal...so yes I'd say that s domination  :Oo:

The fact the Ferguson sent Phelan out for the press conference just shows what a classless shallow man he is.  This was reflected by the reaction of his players at the end.  How Fredinand didn't get cautioned at least for his applause right in the ref's face I'll never know.

Horrible man, running a horrible club with no class.

Consider this some small piece of retribution for the years of Fergie time and dodgy decisions.

Come on Rafa, knock them out of the cup and then give their fans the five times sign!!   :buttrock
mkingdom

Postby ethanr » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:40 pm

You could say a yellow for looking at the ball and not seeing the player, but once contact is made, he's looking straight at Arbeloa and extends his leg out at him, essentially stamping or kicking at him.  That's where I see the red.  Then he rolls on the ground acting like he's hurt, something I'm starting to think united have been taught to do to avoid cards.  Evans did it against Shelvey, and I've seen Evans do it 4 or 5 more times throughout the season when he's gone in for nasty challenges.

You could maybe say slightly harsh, but I don't see it that way.  That's a red card for me.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm

:laugh:

Laughed my head off during the match, still laughing now !

As has been mentioned, the reason why united are livid is because they are never subject to decisions going against them at OT. You only had to listen to the crowd, everytime a united player went down they were screaming for a free kick or a penalty, simply because in the premiership, it works. The referees give them all the time.
However, united cannot influence european refs, and last night they forgot that. I also loved Roy Keanes response post match arguing with southgate and the others insisting the ref was right as it was dangerous play ! :laugh:

Last night showed one thing that is clear to everyone, if the referee cannot be influenced, united are screwed when they have to play a fair game.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:52 pm

the united fans are absolutely f##king livid with keane, they are spitting feathers over his comments last night but i thought he was spot on myself.
nani gave the ref a decision to make by leaving the ground (studs showing) and raking arbeloa above the waist, if you do that these days you are running the risk of being sent off, thats just a fact.
until keane weighed in with his point of view last night i thought i was watching MUTV not ITV, how ironic is it that it needed an ex united captain to bring some balance to the proceedings, that adrian chiles was more upset about the sending off than f##king ferguson. west brom fan my @rse.
it`s not only ITV, the whole british media have gone ballistic over this, you`d swear it was the worst decision ever reading todays papers.
what makes me laugh is that steve bennett sent javier mascherano off at old trafford for a fraction of what ferdinand did last night but the press dont mention that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 pm

The hysteria with this so called "incident" is mind boggling.

Hilarious that NOT one single commentator has raised the fact that Manure should have had that muppet Rafael sent off as well.  :no

Blatant handball preventing Real from scoring in the 2nd half should have been a penalty and straight red. But the hysteria is about a dubious tackle by that horrible little f**k Nani, couldn't have happened to a more "honest" footballer   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Anyways all jokes aside just you wait fellas, the Cheatski vs Manure game will be a one way precession for the filth, all they need to do is rock up and Webb will ensure their passage through. The hysteria has locked that result in already.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Boocity » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 am

They can rant on all they like about the sending off costing them the tie but its not as if Nani was crucial to their defence, even with 10 men you can still defend a lead.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Entourage » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:03 pm

Ferguson did nothing when they went down to 10 men, just sat there with his bitter old face screwed up, didn't make one change until they went 2-1 up. No changes to prevent Madrid from scoring, his players didn't know where they were playing or what their game plan was.

Questions like this won't be asked as it's Ferguson, imagine if that was us would we honestly blame that defeat purely on the basis of a dodgy red card? Or would we be more annoyed we had 30 minutes to see a game out which we was winning? I honestly do think it would be the latter. What would the hysteria be about if Nani had deserved to be sent off?

The old ***** had his excuse ready regarding the Ref and he did nothing to prevent the defeat.
Entourage
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion