Champions League 2012/13

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Juve?? If they played any of the top 7 in our league i reckon they would get beaten.

Dortmund and Bayern are both great sides play football the right way along with Barcelona. Real madrid have failed to impress in this Champions league. They drew at home to United that puts United as favourites to qualify.

If they scrapped the Europa league and extended the champions league you would see English teams dominate. The fact that the likes of Celtic and Galatasaray are in the champions league last 16 but Atletico madrid, Napoli, Us and Tottenham arent is laughable.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:01 am wrote:As i watched the Arsenal / Bayern match last night I couldn't help but wonder what on earth has gone wrong with the English game.  Bayern so easily disposed of a weak Arsenal side.  City (again) and Chelsea couldn't get out of their groups.  The Mancs are in a decent position but that tie is far from over.  And then ourselves, an absolute mountain to climb to overcome Zenit.

For me, the PL is killing itself by becoming too competitive.  Teams like Celtic, Bayern, Barca, Madrid etc are fairly comfortable in their leagues, can afford to rest players more often and only have to be at 50% to qualify for CL through their leagues.

As the PL becomes more competitive, teams are becoming more desperate to stay at the top.  Everyone is looking for quickfixes, spend more, sack managers.  If things arent working out the star players are getting snapped up. 

Now, Im 100% behind what Liverpool are trying to do.  We're trying to build a club, young manager, young players, new stadium all being implemented at once.  This is how a club should be run.  Im just not sure if it will ever be successful in this league as other teams throw around millions in an attempt  to get to the top.

I think the problem is more with the league in general than anything else.  The gap between the English teams and the likes of Barca, Bayern, Real, Dortmund, Juve is getting bigger.

i think quite a few english teams are in a transitional phase and will be for quite a while yet.
i get the sense that certainly city and chelsea (and maybe even united and arsenal) will all have new managers within the next 18 months if not sooner.
a lot of the stalwart players that formed the backbone of those sides for the past decade have either retired or moved on too and you dont replace the likes of scholes and drogba etc overnight. there`s a lot of rebuilding to do
on a seperate note - big result for milan tonight, looks like the chips are falling into place for those jammy b@stards down the east lancs road again  :( .
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:19 am

LFC1990 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:05 pm wrote:Juve?? If they played any of the top 7 in our league i reckon they would get beaten.

Dortmund and Bayern are both great sides play football the right way along with Barcelona. Real madrid have failed to impress in this Champions league. They drew at home to United that puts United as favourites to qualify.

If they scrapped the Europa league and extended the champions league you would see English teams dominate. The fact that the likes of Celtic and Galatasaray are in the champions league last 16 but Atletico madrid, Napoli, Us and Tottenham arent is laughable.

Chelsea are currently third in the Premier League and haven’t dropped out of the top 4 all season yet in the group stages drew at home to Juventus 2-2 and got battered 3-0 away.

And you say Galatasaray being in the last 16 is a joke? Man Utd scrapped a 1-0 victory against them at home and lost 1-0 away.

I don’t think you watch much Champions League football or football in other countries.
Eagle

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:55 am

When did I say that its a joke Gala being in the CL ?

I said it is Laughable that them and Celtic are in it and other teams such as Atletico arent.

I was commenting on the post someone made about the English league is apart from Madrid Munich Barce Dortmund and Juventus.

I love the fact you mention Juves results against Chelsea but failed to note That Shakthar drew 2-2 with Dortmund. How about Milan beating Barcelona 2-0 ?? What about BATE beating Munchen 3-1??

And im the one who doesnt watch football from other countries

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 am

LFC1990 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:55 am wrote:When did I say that its a joke Gala being in the CL ?

I said it is Laughable that them and Celtic are in it and other teams such as Atletico arent.

I was commenting on the post someone made about the English league is apart from Madrid Munich Barce Dortmund and Juventus.

I love the fact you mention Juves results against Chelsea but failed to note That Shakthar drew 2-2 with Dortmund. How about Milan beating Barcelona 2-0 ?? What about BATE beating Munchen 3-1??

Athletico aren't all that they are made up to be. They are currently 2-0 down to Rubin Kazan and have to win away to progress in the Europa League.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:44 am

They are second in La liga 4 points infront of Real Madrid and have probably one of the most sought after strikers in europe in there side.

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 am

LFC1990 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:55 am wrote:When did I say that its a joke Gala being in the CL ?

On another thread you are dismissing the right for teams like Bate to be in the CL and here you are praising them beating the likes of Munich. Make your mind up

Atletico aren't in it because last season they didnt perform well enough to get in it - regardless of who their striker is.

Other leagues are currently better than the prem as you can see by results in this years CL
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:04 am

Im not praising them im talking facts and saying does that mean because a team beats another it doesnt automaticall mean they are better than them.

In that case WBA are a much better side than us they done the double over us.

Benny please stop following me around

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:13 am

Are you capable of seeing a big picture

Do you just want to be able to pick and chose which teams should be in the CL ?

If WBA or Everton came 4th and qualified for the CL would you say "No they aren't allowed in " pick Chelsea or Arsenal or Atletico or Napoli because they are better ?!

Teams earn the right to get into the CL - if they don't earn that right then they don't compete in the CL - it's as simple as that
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Man u out

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Great to see - ref was spot on.
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm not so sure myself. I think he could have booked him. But glad all the same

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Red card - studs in the chest in the air - dangerous play - red card.
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:10 am

I'm not sure it's that simple Benny. Nani did went for the ball and didn't see the Madrid player coming. Maybe it deserved a booking but a red card was too harsh. However, I'm glad that Man U got a test of their own medicine.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 am

Reading some of internet footy pages  ManU are getting plenty of sympathy for the harsh red card

So they dont need any from me , good riddance :D

PS Rafael your name is  being called for 10 metre platform
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion