Best winger in the world

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:02 pm

Hi guys need a bit of help who do you guys think is the best winger in the world.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:26 pm

If I was honest I would say the diving sh!t from United as im not I will go for Joaquin (sp)
account deleted by request

Postby stoney » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:27 pm

Ronaldinho plays left wing for Barca so going by that It would be him however going by othordox wingers it would have to be C ronaldo. Has added goals and more end product to his game making him a world class winger.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:35 pm

I'd agree with Ronaldinho over the past two seasons for Barce.  Also, as has already been pointed out, Ronaldo is a special talent.  Even though he's a fucking tit.

In my opinion, Joaquin was special about three years ago and was my first choice right midfielder over ANYONE when we were in the market for that type of player.  But hasn't pulled up any trees lately.  Now he's at Valencia, playing near the top end of La Liga, it might make him a frightening player again.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:37 pm

Arjen Robben had an excellent first season at Chelsea.  Again though, a fucking prick.
jonnymac1979

Postby Big Niall » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:10 pm

Mourinho.

Oh, sorry,  I thought it said the best whinger in the world. :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:04 pm

Steven Gerrard, the best winger, and the best midfielder on the planet.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:42 pm

Actually mate, not long after I posted the above yesterday I logged off, then I remembered just how well Stevie performed on the right for us last year and I was tempted to log back on with an honourable mention for him, but you've beaten me to it.

He was electric last year on the right and long may that kind of form continue.  I think Gerrard will get even better, I don't think he'll peak until he's about 29.
jonnymac1979

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:25 pm

Of course you are both right about Gerrard. Just strange how I still dont immediately think of him as a winger, even after the great season he had playing there last year.(and the fact I prefer him playing on the right)
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:38 am

It's got to be Gerrard.

21 goals and about 30 assists in a season.

Ronaldo who? ???

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:59 am

Its really hard to think of a really great out and out winger nowadays brother, someone with pace who can beat one or 2 players ,get to the by line and supply a decent cross. Joaquim certainly or even Giggs . Its pityful compared to some from recent times, players like  Overmars, Laudrup and Roberto Donadoni-and of course our own Johnny Barnes. :nod
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:28 pm

Messi.  I love Ronaldinho but messi takes Barca to a another level.  He does play central sometimes as well but I see him as winger. His got pace, skill, dribbling ability and awesome balance.  Ronaldo is excellent.  So quick, so much skill and tricks and the ability to change direction so quickly. His near impossible to stop when running full flow due to his ability to change direction so quickly.  I like Ribery as well.  I watche Lique1 so get to see quite a fair bit of Ribery and he gets better and better.  Staying at Marsielle was such a good decision.  His very quick, direct, good crosser of the ball and can score goals.  He isnt as skillful as a Ronaldo or Messi but just as effective.  On Sunday v PSG the 2nd half from Ribery was fantastic.  His a huge part of the reason that l'om are sitting top of Lique 1 right now.
puroresu

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:55 pm

I think it's Christeven Rolandinho who plays for some random Brazillian team. I've never seen him play in real life. But I bought him on football manager and he scored 10 goals and set up 20 goals.

:D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:56 am

Mark Kennedy, for Gods sake people!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool4lyf » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:16 pm

Ronaldinho, He gives every right back a nightmare of a night. They just cant keep up with him
Liverpool4lyf

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion