Bergkamp - Good bye to the genius

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:35 pm

One of the best players to play in the premiership, heck one of the best players to play the beautiful game and he did it beautifully. Not just on the field but off it too.

I think people forgot how good he actually was in he’s prime, the link below is a gentle reminder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....ergkamp
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:49 pm

Totally agree with you......a genius!!!

Also thik if he did not have his fear of flying Arsenal prob would of won CL along time ago
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby Flower o' Scotland » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:56 am

:bowdown With the exception of Henry, hes been the best foreign import, wonderful vision , touch and eye for goal.

Genius!
Flower o' Scotland

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:08 pm

Alonso14 wrote:One of the best players to play in the premiership, heck one of the best players to play the beautiful game and he did it beautifully. Not just on the field but off it too.

I think people forgot how good he actually was in he’s prime, the link below is a gentle reminder.

Spot on mate.....

Deffo the most enjoyable player to watch that the dutch ever produced bar none....

Not even Crujff, Van Basten or Gullit were as much fun to watch....

Good luck to him on his retirement and thanks for all he's brought to the game...
ConnO'var

Postby Flower o' Scotland » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:20 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
Alonso14 wrote:One of the best players to play in the premiership, heck one of the best players to play the beautiful game and he did it beautifully. Not just on the field but off it too.

Spot on mate.....

Deffo the most enjoyable player to watch that the dutch ever produced bar none....

Good luck to him on his retirement and thanks for all he's brought to the game...

Dont get over excited lad. Cryuff and Van Basten were 2 of the most exciting players ever to kick a ball in anger.
Flower o' Scotland

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:39 pm

Flower o' Scotland wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:

Spot on mate.....

Dont get over excited lad. Cryuff and Van Basten were 2 of the most exciting players ever to kick a ball in anger.

Well, I'd agree that Crujff came pretty close in terms of excitement. But Van Basten? I disagree... Having watched him throughout his career I'd say he was the best finisher the dutch ever had but excitement? I don't think so.....

He's a much better verision of RVN... but I don't believe he was more exciting than Bergkamp....

Moot point anyway as they never played at the same time with the same opponents...

IMO, as Dutchmen go... he was the most fun to watch...
ConnO'var

Postby Flower o' Scotland » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:02 pm

But youve been watching and seeing Bergkamp week after week  as he played in england. You canny have seen nowhere near as much of Van Basten in  Italy.
Bergkamp was a true great but if any player was more exciting to watch it was Van Basten.  :bowdown
Flower o' Scotland

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:13 pm

BERGER IS A LEDGE!  :bowdown
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:08 pm

Van Basten scored for fun in Italy where Berkamp was a flop so enough on that argument.

Berkamp was great to watch though. They showed his testimonial on TV over here, a bit pathetic that Davids got booed, it is a testimonial for christ sake, and he turned out to pay respect.

Not sure why Adams and Keown were not there. Best first touch I've seen in the premiership (including Zola).
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:41 pm

Cruyff is in a league of he's own, surely the best player Europe has ever produced. But for him and Van Basten to put the boots on once again for this guy just shows how good he was and how respected he was.

When Bergkamp had the ball at he's feet you was always waiting for that piece of magic, that piece of trickery or just the simplest ball, which you couldn't have seen if you had a telescope.

The guys a genius, and while I’m sure Van Basten and Cruyff were perhaps better players, I’m sure Dennis would be happy to just be named in the same sentence as those guys. That’s the kind of character he is.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:55 pm

Overated, cheating, diving Dutch c*nt but enough about Robben. Bergkamp was a true great and one of the best foreigners to have played in the EPL. Funny to think he was unpopular at Arsenal when he first joined them because he supposedly lacked passion. He was a true legend who would and should have been the ideal replacement for king kenny/ beardsley
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:43 am

Not a great scoring record, though, and essentially - that is what strikers are remembered for. (Just over 1 in 4 at Arsenal.)

Still a great, though. (If a bit of a wuss!!! :D)
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:17 am

does anyone remember the ball take down by bergkamp (holland v argentina) some years back, and the subsequent goal

best use of control and score ever. imo
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:46 am

Judge wrote:does anyone remember the ball take down by bergkamp (holland v argentina) some years back, and the subsequent goal

best use of control and score ever. imo

It was superb. In France 98 world cup wasn't it. A true master class. Players like him don't come round that often. From watching him I've never seen him dive, rush up to a referee or anything llike that. A superb player and one of the gentlemen of the game.

Bergkamp
Legend  :bowdown
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion