Is Biscan good enough to be a Red?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Blood Red » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:01 am

Is Biscan good enough to wear the Red jersey of LFC?
I know he has had limited appearances, but I just do not think he is good enough.
Blood Red

Postby supersub » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:35 pm

Biscan was bought as a centre midfield player and as we seem to have an abundance of central midfield players all over the pitch,I don't think he has been given the oppurtunity to show what he can do in his favoured position.Gerard Houllier,in his wisdom ,has decided Biscan has the ability to play right wing,left wing and centre half.I disagree!But I only have to watch,what do I know.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:43 am

i know biscan is still young, but theres no way he has shown enough to prove his potential...most youngsters we have show far more promise than he does....
jaypap

Postby the redz » Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:19 am

Well this isn't very hard NO!!!
the redz

Postby ROBtheRED » Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:21 pm

He is not fit for the reserve shirt !
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:40 pm

Biscan wasn't to bad today,in fact now he's playing more and more in his favoured position,he is more than likely going to start next week against Chelsea.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:23 am

HE IS OK ,NOT OUTSTANDING BUT HE CAN DO THE JOB
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby ROBtheRED » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:27 pm

i agree, he did ok against Valencia and the crowd were very supportive. . . "IGOR, IGOR, IGOR"  !

Hope he makes me eat my words when he's got Veron in his pocket next sunday!
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johny reggie » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:39 pm

no ,biscan came to lfc with a good rep,but hasnt lived up to exspertations?he,s not good enouth and is just ordinary?one young player to watch out for this season is john walsh !,he,s already an excellent young tigerish midfeilder playing in the reserves and under19 england captain .who many supporters are saying he is like steven gerrard but younger,as we should not compare young players with the like,s of steven gerrard and noy put to much pressure on such young shoulders,but i tell you this much,this lad{john walsh }is the real deal and with didi hamman out and injured he wil be pushing for a first team place this season which on merit he richly deserves?
johny reggie

Postby the redz » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:00 pm

Yeah I agree he is improving but he is by no menas brilliant but will probaraly start against Chelsea
the redz

Postby eddie harvey » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:52 pm

i,m afraid biscan is nowhere good enough to carry our midfield forward his abilities are limited the sooner houillier realises this and off loads him the sooner we can move forward stop kidding yourself gerard get some class in we have enough players with so called potential we need skillfull players
eddie harvey

Postby The Magician » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:20 pm

Biscans not really had the chance to prove himself he is always played out of position, When we first signed him all the top european clubs were after him but they would nt even think twice about signing him now.
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magician

Postby azriahmad » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:20 pm

Having taking garbage from Houllier for the past 4 years, I think I understand when he buys players because they have "potential" like Biscan.
What he actually meant eas that Biscan et all, beacuse they have "potential", can play in any number of positions for Liverpool under the Houllier System and become the perfect scapegoat in case Liverpool didn't win or didn't score enough. It doesn't matter where the players play, but as long as they have "potential", they are reasonable buys because of this "potential", they can be played out of their natural position so that the manager will have a perpetual supply of excuses for not winning!
Apart from Owen, Gerrard, Hamman, perhaps Hyppia and Kirkland, the rest of the team has plenty of "potential"...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby no10 the main man » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:15 pm

don't mind saying this WRONG if igor biscan plays like this all season no-one can complain, sami hyppia will be playing for a place in the team                                                            fatboy 0    the main man  2                                               unlucky rooney you'll get your chance in the inter-toto cup
no10 the main man

Postby supersub » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:13 pm

Biscan hasn't played too badly,in fact he had a good game against Everton.You never know Houllier might have unearthed a massive player,who will go on to become the most outstanding centre-half in the premier league and win footballer of the year,with an array of medals toboot.What a season we have  ahead of us!Isn't football great.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion