Aragones does a big ron - Why can't we stamp this out of football?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby ckay » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:40 am

Aragones caught in race row

Aragones is one of the most experienced coaches in Spain
Spain coach Luis Aragones has embroiled himself in controversy after allegedly making racist comments about Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.
Aragones was apparently attempting to motivate Henry's Arsenal team-mate Jose Reyes during a training session ahead of World Cup qualifier against Belgium.

He is alleged to have referred to Henry using racist language which was captured by a local TV station cameras.

Reyes dismissed the incident, saying the Aragones' remarks were not serious.

"I know when he is joking and when he isn't. He was shouting and also speaking to me in a low voice, so I can tell you he was joking," said Reyes.

The Spain boss' comments were broadcast in local station Antenna 3's afternoon news slot as well as being repeated, although in some cases with the insults edited out, on several sporting websites.

Racist language was allegedly used when Aragones told Reyes he was a better player than Henry.

Aragones is the most experienced coach in Spain, having sat in the dug out for 757 first division matches over a 30-year period.

He is famous for his fiery temper and outspoken comments and has made the headlines on several occasions during his career for public confrontations with players.

He took charge of the national team following Inaki Saez's resignation after Spain's disappointing performance at Euro 2004.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:48 am

aragones, isnt he the guy out of lord of the rings....oops thats aragon, soz :D
i know him now
106-1093504160

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:44 am

so whats argos?
112-1077774096

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:02 pm

well argo is the ship that jason sailed in, so argos must be a fleet of them? :D
106-1093504160

Postby zarababe » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:09 pm

Ckay.. sadly despite all the diversity in our game and the fact that many talented individuals including the best player in the world.. Zedane are of different colour, ethnicity etc etc, the colour of one's skin can be used by "some" as the main defining factor when demeaning the talent, devaluing the talent or anyting else to make him appear a lesser perfromer ... to a "lesser performer"

Why do they do it? I don't know...  I was always taught to look at people as people... Henry's a grt footballer... his color is inconsequential in relation to his ability...he just happens to be a black footballer... and yet if he was white what would that numbskiull have said to demeam him.. "he's a sh*te  footballer"... probably ..
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:52 pm

that is disgracful make remarks about the colour of henry skins i throught we was suppose to be kicking racistsm out of football but it prefectly ok to say racist remarks and the spainsh fa do nothink. he claims he said it to movitave reyes but if he was a good coach he wouldn't need to make racist remarks to movitave reyes ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:58 pm

Not so sure about that Zara? If John Terry had had a bad night in monaco last season what would Ron have said to that? He probably would have got a "Terry was at fault tonight and had a stinker". Instead it just happened to be a black man so out come the mans true colours.  Aragones probably wouldnt have mentioned anyone if Reyes played with no black players. A leopard never changes its spots!!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:08 pm

.. that was my point exactly Madred .. :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:12 pm

thats disgutsting behaviout from a top coach who's bein aroung the block so i wounder what he says to alonso to get him motivated your better than the white ****** gerrard ? thats wrong he should be fine heavily i remeber when i went to an england game and the oppistion will chant monkey ape etc at ashley cole and emile heskey
Last edited by the great one on Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:09 pm

The great one that is a sad fact in footie,Most of these "people" having little if no common sense,How comes it never comes from anybody that has ever done anything of any note in the game? this is probably the reason why they come out with these degrading remarks making themselfes look like utter fools.

Ron and Aragooner were and are ****** coaches this is as far as there knowledge of the game goes.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion