Should football stamp out cheating? - Diving and everything else

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:15 am

This is not about Ireland v France but football.

Ngog stole a point from Birmingham and SG has stolen points form teams over the years (I pointed this out long ago). Why do sports fans tolerate this.

Do you think stephen hendry is less passionate then a footballer? I remember him calling a fowl on himself in the world final (and a close one) , I remember Tiger Woods doing the same.

Why are most footballers scumbags? If criminals, sex attackers, racists etc have talent we'll have them in our team?

My first football memory is Brazil v Italy 1982 but LFC v Roma 1984 is my firs proper memory but I am struggling to care anymore.

So Many cheats, why not  just watch whether HSBC do better than Barclays next quarter, Oh I can't wait.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby footballcrystal7 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:20 am

Yes it should, but sadly it would lose to much money and the majority of people dont care. First things first they should punish bad referees by demoting them and bring video technology in.. I look at rugby and its so much better officiated than football, but rugby is a harder game to cheat in. The rules of rugby also allow the ref to punish cheating more harshly.

It's not just football though tennis is another of my favourite sports and despite very little opportunity players cheat even cheat in this. Players like Nadal and Djokovic repeatedly break the time rule, others lie about the ball touching their raquets, touching their bodies or even putting their hands up.

Basically football is not the only sport people cheat, but it is a lot easier to cheat in football than other sports. The money in football also makes it very hard to punish cheats because then the big teams will complain. Most importantly though is most fans do not care about cheating. I was told shirt pulling, claiming corners, deliberate fouling, etc is part of the game. If you accept cheating as part of the game in smaller things you cannot complain when players cheat in bigger things.
footballcrystal7

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Big Niall wrote:Do you think stephen hendry is less passionate then a footballer? I remember him calling a fowl on himself

The rest are CHICKENS, fowl play all round!

Unfortunately cheats can prosper because FAs wrap themselves up in red tape and even when they could punish people after the event, the red tape of "the ref saw it" rules that out.

Shahid Afridi has just received a two game ban for ball tampering, this in the wake of Pakistan and the Oval affair. But the main sticking point for me is his pirouette on the pitch when England toured Pakistan in 05/06 and so this isn't his first instance of being caught cheating. The punishment is lame, says to cheats that even when they're caught they get off lightly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport....ce.html

Is Rio's ban for what is really assault enough? Kung Fu Cuntoner got a lengthy ban for assaulting a nonce in the crowd, but why is it ok to assault someone just because you happen to be in the middle of a game at the time?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:44 pm

should be retrospective bans. if after a game there is a dive, player gets auto 2 match ban...

rios ban is fine, its still aphysical game and we dont wanna take that away, but the diving (including by our boys) has to stop
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:19 am

dawson99 wrote:should be retrospective bans. if after a game there is a dive, player gets auto 2 match ban...

rios ban is fine, its still aphysical game and we dont wanna take that away, but the diving (including by our boys) has to stop

Yep retro bans are the way forward. If these clowns had the balls to implement video technology then the refs could see within seconds if the player was diving, and if he is then instant red card. It wouldn't take too long before they all fall into line.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:42 am

the media are trying to force our footy back to the 'after you Claud' attitude of the 80's and 90's when Maradonna/Ronald Koeman etc took the proverbial out of us in every game that fecking mattered, screw em, dive, cheat, pull shirts and try to get away with every decision cause thats what they all do and always will. Look who wins the league every year scum or chelsea and they contest and claim every fookin throwin like their lives depended on it.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:should be retrospective bans. if after a game there is a dive, player gets auto 2 match ban...

Why 2 games? wouldn't 20 games end it?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:54 pm

A red card for diving should in theory end diving as a sport within a sport, won't necessarily work that way. BUT if players who do dive realise they might get sent off for diving, even if they didn't dive but do have a reputation, then they'll clean their act up - the manager should make sure they do, he won't want to play with 10 vs 11.

20 games might be a tad harsh, considering serious foul play carries less heavy punishment. I doubt even a two match ban would get approved any time soon, I think the decision makers are so loathe to make any telling changes that football won't advance. It's like cricket, England vs Bangladesh is pointless and likely to be one sided, so why won't the ICC move forward to two tiers?!?! It would bring in more countries and make for better matches and less mismatches, but like footballing authorities, it's better and safer in the comfort zone - maybe they get sponsored by comfort!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion