Mls - ****** football

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:44 am

MLS is :censored: football but the matches are fun to go to.  I'm going on Sunday to the Red Bulls game.  Playing LA Galaxy in the playoffs.  I went to a match a few weeks ago and it was a blast.  This was after tailgating at Rutgers for 4 hours before the college football(American) game.  Then going to the Rutgers game.  Then taking a train to Red Bull Arena (Beautiflul stadium)  enjoying the match, then getting lost in Newark New jersey (not a good idea) on the way from the supporters club bar to the train station. 

Anyway.  I'm prepared to give Beckham an earful for the full 90.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Haha good ol' MLS.  We live pretty close to LA, so we're Galaxy fans.  Games can be fun to go to.  Hard to watch a lot of it on television, but if you go to the games they can be pretty cool.  Stadiums are all small so you have a good seat no matter what.

C'mon GALAXY!!!! Landycakes and Becks are gonna tear Henry and Marquez a new one! :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:09 am

Rather than start a new thread i'll post it here.

David Beckham Interview.

Now one thing he said confused me a bit:
Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder Beckham, 36, also restated his aim to represent the Great Britain football team at the 2012 Olympics.

"People have been saying [I am too old] for the last 10 or 15 years and I've still continued to play for my country," he told BBC Sport.

So, when he was 21 years old, people where telling him he is too old to play for England? or indeed when he was 26?

Eh? ???
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:30 am

Kharhaz wrote:Rather than start a new thread i'll post it here.

David Beckham Interview.

Now one thing he said confused me a bit:
Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder Beckham, 36, also restated his aim to represent the Great Britain football team at the 2012 Olympics.

"People have been saying [I am too old] for the last 10 or 15 years and I've still continued to play for my country," he told BBC Sport.

So, when he was 21 years old, people where telling him he is too old to play for England? or indeed when he was 26?

Eh? ???

Yeah, well I don't think anyone has ever thought he's been the brightest apple in the bunch.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:48 am

The Good Yank wrote:Yeah, well I don't think anyone has ever thought he's been the brightest apple in the bunch.

:laugh:

Bungalow Beckham, no upstairs.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Galaxy thru :cool:
ethanr

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:29 am

ethanr wrote:Galaxy thru :cool:

I ended up going to the New York Giants vs Miami Dolphins game last Sunday instead of going to Red Bull Arena.  Glad I made that choice  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:45 pm

Haha.  I'm thinking about buying tickets to the final... But I don't know.  Galaxy, Red Bulls and RSL were the good teams in the tournament and they are all on the same side.  Wouldn't really be interested if the Galaxy weren't in the final.
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:34 am

Galaxy are the champs.  Robbie Keane, what a player.  Why didn't we ever sign him? :p
ethanr

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion