Aragones- "reyes is a gypsy "

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:09 am

Aragones in new race gaffe

Spain coach Luis Aragones has created more controversy in the race row engulfing his position by labelling Jose Antonio Reyes a 'gypsy'.

Aragones was attempting to clarify his comments which sparked outrage when he referred to Thierry Henry in a racially derogatory manner.

Aragones is already facing disciplinary action from the Spanish FA (RFEF) over those remarks, and the outburst prior to England's game in Spain when he blasted England's colonial past.

However, he could now face further censure after describing Reyes as a 'gypsy' in trying to explain himself.

"Reyes is ethnically a gypsy, I have got a lot of gypsy and black friends, I consider myself a citizen of the world, I don't care about their skin colour," he told El Mundo.

"All I did was to motivate the gypsy by telling him he was better than the black.

"I feel I have been the victim of a lynching. All I did was try to motivate Reyes comparing him with Henry and making him see that he was better.

"I didn't use the term `black' with any racist meaning.

"I'm not going to forget what's happened.

"A section of the press in this country [Spain] has lynched me and I will not forget that my family have had a very bad time as a consequence of this."

Arsenal are understood to be unhappy at Aragones' latest outburst but do not plan to take any formal action.

However, the veteran coach is sure to now face widespread condemnation and could find his position under further threat.

He's doing himself no favours...fecking brainless prat.
77-1099054247

Postby zarababe » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:34 pm

.. when he first made the comments re: Henry he should have been repremanded and made to apologise to Thierry. Why concentrate on ppls race or creed as a way of motivating others to perform better..

... if the Spanish authorities have any sense then this idiot should be now relieved of his duties...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:40 pm

He also claims he does not care about skin colour or ethnicity; but if he doesn't, why bring it up...?!

This guy is clearly ridiculous.... he claims doesn't care about skin colour, yet refers to people based on their ethnicity!

I wonder what Reyes will do now...He already has pushed aside the fact that this guy racially abused one of his team mates...and now this!

What I find ironic is that fact that he was trying make the comment about Henry neutral...then just comes out with this!

Is this man brain dead or something?!

How that ignorant idiot has that job is just beyond me!
77-1099054247

Postby the great one » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:56 am

ManUtd wrote:Aragones in new race gaffe

Spain coach Luis Aragones has created more controversy in the race row engulfing his position by labelling Jose Antonio Reyes a 'gypsy'.

Aragones was attempting to clarify his comments which sparked outrage when he referred to Thierry Henry in a racially derogatory manner.

Aragones is already facing disciplinary action from the Spanish FA (RFEF) over those remarks, and the outburst prior to England's game in Spain when he blasted England's colonial past.

However, he could now face further censure after describing Reyes as a 'gypsy' in trying to explain himself.

"Reyes is ethnically a gypsy, I have got a lot of gypsy and black friends, I consider myself a citizen of the world, I don't care about their skin colour," he told El Mundo.

"All I did was to motivate the gypsy by telling him he was better than the black.

"I feel I have been the victim of a lynching. All I did was try to motivate Reyes comparing him with Henry and making him see that he was better.

"I didn't use the term `black' with any racist meaning.

"I'm not going to forget what's happened.

"A section of the press in this country [Spain] has lynched me and I will not forget that my family have had a very bad time as a consequence of this."

Arsenal are understood to be unhappy at Aragones' latest outburst but do not plan to take any formal action.

However, the veteran coach is sure to now face widespread condemnation and could find his position under further threat.

He's doing himself no favours...fecking brainless prat.

This guy makes me laugh  :D  not you Luis Aragones  :laugh:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1099054247 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:21 pm

the great one wrote:This guy makes me laugh  :D  not you Luis Aragones  :laugh:

???
77-1099054247

Postby the great one » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:30 pm

ManUtd wrote:
the great one wrote:This guy makes me laugh  :D  not you Luis Aragones  :laugh:

???

Wat  ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion