England bans the bernabeu stadium - For racist gestures

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:07 pm

In February the 11th, there's a Spain-England friendly.

The English F.A have said they refuse to play in Madrid due to the racist attacks  Ashley Cole and Shaun Wright-Phillips suffered when they played in Madrid back in 2004.

The F.A makes clear that it is a decission of the F.A, not Capello's.

You know what? I often don't like what the F.A. says, but in this case I do. In fact, Spain is a pretty big country, and where as there are stadiums where the racist songs can be heard, there are many others that you don't hear them.

Since I think it isn't being done enough to erradicate the racism in the stands, I'm happy the F.A punishes and points out who the racist stadiums are. By selecting respectful crowds and banning unnaceptable behaviours, F.A are doing a favor to my country. Let the racists be ashamed.

We'll see how this develops, because no doubt this will have an answer from Marca ...
:glare:

I forward you that their line of argumentation will be something in the lines of

"Racists songs are done by a few. The majority of the crowd is against those chants. The majority of decent people in Madrid should not pay for a few", etc, etc, etc.

About the game, let's be honest, it's a match I want to see.   :) It will be a good one, as always.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Its UEFA or FIFA's faults for not dealing with the racism issues in a tougher way.
The fines they have given out have been pitiful. More needs to be done, there should be a clear disciplinary process like you would get in your occupation.
First offence warning and big fine, second matches behind closed doors, then if it happens again in the future points docked etc.
Thats the only way to sort out stuff like this.

Btw agree with the FA 100% on this, why should players from our country be subject to abuse like that ever ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:33 pm

I cannot :censored:íng believe what I'm reading, and I'm not talking about Ace's sensible post.

I read in Marca a guy called Rodrigo Marciel, writing that what Ashley Cole and SWP heard were just "boos".

I thought they'd go by the route of saying that it was a minority, but they chose to twist what happened. I remember it perfectly those racist sounds like a monkey, I remember it because I felt a lot deal of shame.  :no

Marca is not the serious press, hopefully the serious press will have a more sensible reaction tomorrow. But the problem is that Marca and As are very read. Here there are not tabloids, here people buy Marca, as football is what matters to a common Spaniard, not Wall street. For general press, a quick glance in a bar where press is available and that's all.

Marca has surprised me. They're even more cúnts than what I think they were. </barfing>
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:44 pm

i hope england never play in spain - im sorry to say this sabre but the majority of your fans in stadiums are racists :censored: and heard it first hand as well , even against their own players as well . they need to be dragged into the 21st century
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:11 pm

Sabre wrote:I cannot :censored:íng believe what I'm reading, and I'm not talking about Ace's sensible post.

I read in Marca a guy called Rodrigo Marciel, writing that what Ashley Cole and SWP heard were just "boos".

I thought they'd go by the route of saying that it was a minority, but they chose to twist what happened. I remember it perfectly those racist sounds like a monkey, I remember it because I felt a lot deal of shame.  :no

Marca is not the serious press, hopefully the serious press will have a more sensible reaction tomorrow. But the problem is that Marca and As are very read. Here there are not tabloids, here people buy Marca, as football is what matters to a common Spaniard, not Wall street. For general press, a quick glance in a bar where press is available and that's all.

Marca has surprised me. They're even more cúnts than what I think they were. </barfing>

I certainly understand your outrage Sabre and this paper (rag more like) is a disgrace to Spain and every decent citizen of the country. Whats more the journalist is clearly aligning himself/herself with the racist minority.

I have noticed from watching la liga in the past few months a decline in the amount of monkey chants directed toward black players like Eto'o and Diarra.

The FA for once are spot on to take this kind of action over this upcoming friendly and taking it away from Madrid will only make the likes of Real Madrid (and other clubs) take some action to eradicate one of the lowest forms of abuse a player can receive from the stands.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 pm

we can certainly hope so rush and hope the fas or the eastern european countries follow suit where it is also rife amongst the fans
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:28 pm

GYBS wrote:we can certainly hope so rush and hope the fas or the eastern european countries follow suit where it is also rife amongst the fans

True, eastern european countries are worse.

Get some proper regulations and set in stone punishments in place, you will quickly see a change then imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:29 pm

You could put it down to pride. In britain, hooligans ruled the roost, especially in europe and shame swamped the genuine supporters and britains in general. We did something about it, it was shameful, disgusting and represented a poor face to this country that the world saw. We did something about it. People got tired of seeing it and the powers that be got off there backsides and made a stand. Spain dont share that same attitude. People like Sabre attending these matches and experiencing it for themselves can feel the shame however, people like him are outnumbered by those who cannot see the problem. Including there government. This is not just a footballing matter, its the general attitude. How else can a journalist attempt to discount the truth?  Pressure needs to be put on the spanish government to pull there finger out and do something.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:36 pm

think have the problem also comes from poor punishments as well , fining clubs ten thousan odd pounds is peanuts to the fa of these countries . Make the punishments more severe , ban them or force them to play behind close doors to make these countries sit up and do something about it instead of lipservice
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:24 pm

£45000 is all the spanish FA where fined after what happened with the monkey chants when England last played Spain there  :no

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Thats just peanuts to the spanish FA thou and just a token gesture - pretty much like when the english fa fined chelsea 20 grand for abusing ref etc - just paying lip service . waste of time. Start putting the fines into millions or ban the national team from friendlies or ban fans from watching - that would make them sit up and take notice
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pablo_bl » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:56 pm

What they say is foolishness at times, we are not here in Spain racists, there are only groups ultras, they do not advocate that always the vines at all stages
**Liverpool and Madrid always at the heart**
pablo_bl

Postby johnymarcu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:29 pm

I'm Spanish and I'm not racist. I don't know why people think that. It's very easy to blame.

I was at that match Spain-England and it's true that all the stadium did monkey sounds, it cannot be denied, but in general I dont' consider Spanish society racist.

We don't have "El dia del Hispano" or somenthing like that...

In fact when I was in England in summer (i was in a camp for learning English) the boys of the village came all together to hit us because we are spanish... isn't it racism?

As my grandmother says "que tire la piedra el que esté libre de pecado"
ImageImage
johnymarcu

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:48 am

Where do you draw the line?

Is it wrong to make fun of the colour of a rival players skin (most here say yes)

How about hair - why is it okay to make ginger taunts (I'm not ginger btw, just making point)

How about the relgious bigotry at Celtic V Rangers games?

How about singing about a player having drink problems (which many people claim is a disease),

How about a players family - remember the Beckham songs about up the arsenal?

How about gay taunts like sol campbell gets

How about the part of a country somebody is from - how often do Manure fans praise Rooney and then sing anti scouse songs straight after?

How about personal life - SG will get stick where he plays for the next while

How about songs about Munich at Manure fans?

How about swearing (there are many children at games)

While it isn't an all or nothing I'd like to hear views on which of the above is okay and which isn't.
Last edited by Big Niall on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
GYBS wrote:we can certainly hope so rush and hope the fas or the eastern european countries follow suit where it is also rife amongst the fans

True, eastern european countries are worse.

Get some proper regulations and stone them , imo.

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion