Spurs
No votes
Pompey
10%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 10

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:44 pm

Its not just because i support Liverpool but i really do feel we have made the most significant improvement to our squad. We had no Real right winger last year so we signed Pennant. We never Scored alot of goals so we signed Bellamy and on the verge of completing the kuyt deal. We have all strengthened at the back with paletta and on the left midfeild with aurelio and gonzales.

Portsmouth have also done good signing Campbell who i think will get regular football and even at his age he looks solid at the back. They have also signed Glenn johnson who never quite broke his way into Chelsea but still a great right back. And also A great keeper in David James! yes he does make some mistakes but still looks great between the sticks

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby liammozzy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:57 am

i agree we havent spent loads like chelsea and i still feel like we have made the right deals for the right positions
mozzy
liammozzy

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:51 pm

I think the Mancs have blown any chance they had by selling RVN and only buying Carrick.
             Arsenal have lost Pires and Campbell while still trying to recover from loss of Vierra and are still playing catchup.
             Spurs have lost Carrick and with him any hope they had for CL football even with the addition of Berbatov.
             Chelsea have spent a fortune and on paper have improved their side, but if they lose Gallas (imo one of the best defenders in EPL ) they could be in trouble if they dont sign Cole.
             Liverpool have perhaps had to gamble more than Chelsea with our new signings, but they look like giving us the balance and options we need and also supplying the goals that we sorely missed at the start of last season. Even without the signing of Kuyt I would say liverpool have improved the most, with him there is no doubt. It has probably been our most productive close season since Houllier first came (when he actually bought good players apart from Ferri) We have only missed one signing Alves ( I still think he may come next year) and managed to get rid of most of the deadwood, with Diao being the obvious exception.
account deleted by request

Postby GOAT » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:45 pm

Id definately say us, we've bought very very well this summer, lots more quality and depth added to the squad, cant wait for this season, we are so much stronger and we werent bad last season
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:59 pm

I feel we have.  IMO we haven't over-spent unlike Cheeski.  The players that Rafa has bought into the club this summer, look like quality signings.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Return to Football Related Polls