8%
Johnson
3%
Other
5%

Total votes : 98

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:01 pm

coolsobs wrote:
Well Red wrote:Johnson! Please, no more foreign "finished top goalscorer in the XXX league" wasters!

Diouf - one of the top goalscorers in the French League
Cisse - one of the top goalscorers in the French League
F. Sava for Fulham - top Argentinian League goalscorer. And he was :censored:!
Marlet - Top France League goalscorer. Ditto!
Forlan - top goalscorer in Argentina
Kezman? Erik Meijer? Morientes?

For goodness sakes, the club have to bring in someone proven in the Premiership who can form a partnership with Crouch both at club and country level. Johnson for £9million is an absolute bargain! :(

actually morientes never finished top scorer in any league, the most he ever managed was 18 goals

It was 19 actually.  :p
48-1119859832

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:07 pm

I'm tired of seeing the same names over and over again on this forum - Owen (injury-prone, not as fast as he once was, and if we are looking for an out and out goal scorer/poacher, I'd have Fowler ahead of him any day); Bent (has not proved to be a consistent topscorer over recent seasons); Kuyt (goes down as quick as a cheap whore); and the list goes on and on......Surely there's SOME substance in at least one of the rumoured new signings.....And please tell Welsh Wizard to go and sing in the hills for a few weeks
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:13 pm

GLB1 wrote:Villa hands down. After the World Cup he will be a 25+ Million Pound rated striker.... Deadly!!

Drogba's a £24million rated striker. What's your point? Him having a good World Cup means nothing; hence Salif Diao and Eel Hadji Diouf, both had a great world cups, they looked like World beaters.

It's what you do at club level that matters the most when you have a mix of average, good and great players in your team. David Villa does look to be the business tho.
48-1119859832

Postby Red H » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:28 pm

Kuyt- Never seen him play, could be too slow
Villa- Also never seen him play, doesn't want a move
Bent- One season, not enough class
Van Nist.- Bad attitude, Horsefaced
Bellamy- Good player, bad attitude, not our sort of player.
Johnson- Now Bitter
Defoe- English, Quick, Potential.
Other- although I voted for Defoe, Other has a good chance.
Red H

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:23 pm

Perhaps Rafa is going after Fernando Cavenaghi from Spartak Moscow? He seems to be having a torrid time in Russia. Maybe he could be the answer to our upfront problem? I've seen him a few times and he looks like a good player than again, I haven't seen much of him either, so I can't forge an opinion but 55 goals in 88 games for River isn't a bad record and he's been played in mainly cup matches this season for Spartak and scored 4 goals in 7 games I believe.

I doubt he'd cost much £7million - £8million at most.
48-1119859832

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:38 pm

Kuyt and Villa are the run away leaders in the poll, now that would be a very inetersting partneship and one i would like to see, but obviously it is very unrealsitic. But Imagine this:

Reina

Finnan Hyypia Carragher Riise

Gerrard Alonso Sissoko Kewell

Kuyt   Villa

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:16 pm

i choose villa but doubt we will get him he say's he's happy and want's to stay at his current club

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield Kop » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:35 pm

kuyt...no doubt outstanding goal scoring record.
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:20 pm

a lot of people are saying kuyt but who can honestly say they`ve seen him in half a dozen games never mind over a season.
people are just hearing a name and seeing a goalscoring record on paper but cisse`s stats looked as good as anyones when he topped the french goalscoring charts.
if we get a fan from holland posting then fair enough but i suspect people are just guessing what he`s like..... reading about kuyt on these boards in the past month or so i`ve managed to deduce from posters that he`s a 6 foot 4 midget whose slow but at the same time has lightning acceleration.
take a trip into the past on these boards to the time just before we signed cisse, people were saying he only has 2 weaknesses - cream cakes and kryptonite.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:28 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:a lot of people are saying kuyt but who can honestly say they`ve seen him in half a dozen games never mind over a season.
people are just hearing a name and seeing a goalscoring record on paper but cisse`s stats looked as good as anyones when he topped the french goalscoring charts.
if we get a fan from holland posting then fair enough but i suspect people are just guessing what he`s like..... reading about kuyt on these boards in the past month or so i`ve managed to deduce from posters that he`s a 6 foot 4 midget whose slow but at the same time has lightning acceleration.
take a trip into the past on these boards to the time just before we signed cisse, people were saying he only has 2 weaknesses - cream cakes and kryptonite.

I have seen him play in 5 games, twice I watched the full 90 and the other 3 times I wathced at least an hour.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:16 am

0asis wrote:Perhaps Rafa is going after Fernando Cavenaghi from Spartak Moscow? He seems to be having a torrid time in Russia. Maybe he could be the answer to our upfront problem? I've seen him a few times and he looks like a good player than again, I haven't seen much of him either, so I can't forge an opinion but 55 goals in 88 games for River isn't a bad record and he's been played in mainly cup matches this season for Spartak and scored 4 goals in 7 games I believe.

No one up for Cavenaghi then? He was supposed to be the new Maradonna a while back.
48-1119859832

Postby desperado0831 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:23 am

Surprisingly Torres not in the list. Wish i could have him. :;):
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:23 am

0asis wrote:
0asis wrote:Perhaps Rafa is going after Fernando Cavenaghi from Spartak Moscow? He seems to be having a torrid time in Russia. Maybe he could be the answer to our upfront problem? I've seen him a few times and he looks like a good player than again, I haven't seen much of him either, so I can't forge an opinion but 55 goals in 88 games for River isn't a bad record and he's been played in mainly cup matches this season for Spartak and scored 4 goals in 7 games I believe.

No one up for Cavenaghi then? He was supposed to be the new Maradonna a while back.

Every half decent Argentinian playmaker gets dubbed 'the new maradonna'.  Ortega, Aimar and now Messi have all had that label in recent years, but in truth none of them, even Messi, are fit to lace Maradonna's boots.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls